UF QB Jeff Driskel Injured

Or trying to toughen up his players / get them to play better (in practice)

It's not how well you do, it's how hard you try.

It's all fun and games until some gets hurt.

Don't keep making that face, it's gonna stick for life if you're not careful.

Not to pick nits here, but what exactly did he injure in his shoulder? I have seen "scapula" and I have seen "collarbone" There's a BIG difference between the two

If he actually broke his scapula - the shoulder blade- that's a pretty significant injury, as it takes a LOT more force to break a scapula than it does a collarbone. I have only seen a few of those in 15 years in the ER, and they were trauma patients. If he broke the scapula, he won't be back this year...

It's not how well you do, it's how hard you try.

It's all fun and games until some gets hurt.

Don't keep making that face, it's gonna stick for life if you're not careful.

Be careful, if you make faces and someone hits you on the back, it'll get stuck like that.

Not to pick nits here, but what exactly did he injure in his shoulder? I have seen "scapula" and I have seen "collarbone" There's a BIG difference between the two

If he actually broke his scapula - the shoulder blade- that's a pretty significant injury, as it takes a LOT more force to break a scapula than it does a collarbone. I have only seen a few of those in 15 years in the ER, and they were trauma patients. If he broke the scapula, he won't be back this year...

Too many conflicting reports; no one's overly sure on the extent of the injury yet really

Is that due to changes in OC's or poor coaching? Sounds like you're about to go through what UT went through for the past several years.

Driskel got a head start over Brissett under Weis, and last season Driskel was the clear #2 behind Brantley.

They started even under Pease this spring, and up until recently it was still a toss-up, with Brissett beginning to distance himself.

Don't think it was coaching last year, as both guys were true freshmen. Can't say if it's coaching now because we haven't been exposed to Pease's system to form an opinion.

Looks to me like the only person to mention 'collarbone', that I've seen was bamawriter. Think he just doesn't know that's the 'clavicle' and not the 'scapula'. Often wrong, never in doubt.

Way more info that suggests the shoulder blade.

It doesn't matter if the Gators have the next Rod Wilks at quarterback, they are going down this year. Plain and simple. The second coming of Tebow couldn't save them from the salvo that is about to be unleashed, so it is a moot point, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm sensing some sort of trickery here...

musschamp_in_boots.jpg

7 years as a PT and I've only seen one scapular fracture. That was from a motorcycle accident.

Not cool. Want to beat the Gators at the full peak.

Pfffft. I couldn't give a damn if they're at their peak or not. They didn't beat us last year at our peak. That didn't stop them from talking shlt all season long.

If every starter gets injured and we beat nothing but second teamers, I'll still be happy.

Grind em into the dirt. Kick em when they're down, I say.

Reactions: 4 people
7 years as a PT and I've only seen one scapular fracture. That was from a motorcycle accident.

Driskel was riding a motorcycle...was it his or did he barrow it...who was driving, Brissett...
see how news fly....:dance2:

Last edited:
Driskel has better tools but Brisset is the better QB at this point. JB throws the better ball and has better composure atp. Weis only wanted them to manage games and didn't even try coaching them up. They worked with a GA last season instead of the OC who is a suppose QB guru.

Last edited:
Why on earth was he not wearing a non-contact jersey?

UF quarterback Jeff Driskel suffers injury according to source | Gatorsports.com

Muschamp said Monday that the coaches had taken the non-contact jerseys off the quarterbacks to give them a better feel for pressure in the pocket. Muschamp said the defense was not tackling the quarterbacks, but thudding them.

Apparently Driskel took a hard “thud” that triggered rumors that he had been seriously injured.

Driskel has better tools but Brisset is the better QB at this point. HE throws the better ball and has better composure atp. Weis only wanted them to manage games and didn't even try coaching them up. They worked with a GA last season instead of the OC who is a suppose QB guru.

Agree...Cant say Ive been impressed with Weiss since he left the PRO's

Driskel has better tools but Brisset is the better QB at this point. HE throws the better ball and has better composure atp. Weis only wanted them to manage games and didn't even try coaching them up. They worked with a GA last season instead of the OC who is a suppose QB guru.

dog_wtf.gif

VN Store

Back