UCONN Coach was Impressed by Jaime Nared in USA23 Trails

Geno had no say in who made the team. Only the committee voted on that and Geno wasn't on the committee. I've heard the players didn't want her on the team either. The team is more important than the individual, and the team won the gold.The committee made the right decision.

Anyone who believes that Auriemma had no say in player selection is smoking something whacky. Of course he had a say and I'm sure the commitee listened to him.

The real question is why, and the answer doesn't have anything to do with Parker dunking on UConn. If you listened to Callan (and Auriemma) amidst all the furor about her not being selected, buried among the official reason of too many great players vying for her position, you keep hearing little things about team chemistry and team dynamics. And there were rumors of some discord in the locker room following 2012.

I do know that there were reports of Parker and Auriemma butting heads a bit in 2012. I also know that Auriemma is a "my way or the highway" kinda' coach.
Here is a quote from one of Auriemma's favorite coaches - No one is bigger than the team. If you can't do things our way, you're not getting time here and we don't care who you are." Gregg Popovich

And of course Auriemma needed room on the squad for freshman Stewart. :eek:hmy:

Auriemma had no choice in the team makeup. And if he did, Parker was not chosen. I have long since put this to bed..... we cannot fight it forever

Reactions: 1 person
Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Ain't no Uconn trolls on Rocky Top
Ain't no Geno shills
Once we had CP3 on Rocky Top
Dunked on Geno with a smile and a Pat
Pretty as a picture, quick as a cat,
I still dream about that
Rocky Top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Rocky Top, Tennessee

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
wish that i was on ol' rocky top
down in the tennessee hills
ain't no uconn trolls on rocky top
ain't no geno shills
once we had cp3 on rocky top
dunked on geno with a smile and a pat
pretty as a picture, quick as a cat,
i still dream about that
rocky top, you'll always be
home sweet home to me
good ol' rocky top
rocky top, tennessee
rocky top, tennessee

love ❤️ it
good job

Reactions: 2 people
wish that i was on ol' rocky top
down in the tennessee hills
ain't no uconn trolls on rocky top
ain't no geno shills
once we had cp3 on rocky top
dunked on geno with a smile and a pat
pretty as a picture, quick as a cat,
i still dream about that
rocky top, you'll always be
home sweet home to me
good ol' rocky top
rocky top, tennessee
rocky top, tennessee

😃😃

Anyone who believes that Auriemma had no say in player selection is smoking something whacky. Of course he had a say and I'm sure the commitee listened to him.

The real question is why, and the answer doesn't have anything to do with Parker dunking on UConn. If you listened to Callan (and Auriemma) amidst all the furor about her not being selected, buried among the official reason of too many great players vying for her position, you keep hearing little things about team chemistry and team dynamics. And there were rumors of some discord in the locker room following 2012.

I do know that there were reports of Parker and Auriemma butting heads a bit in 2012. I also know that Auriemma is a "my way or the highway" kinda' coach.
Here is a quote from one of Auriemma's favorite coaches - No one is bigger than the team. If you can't do things our way, you're not getting time here and we don't care who you are." Gregg Popovich

That is completely, entirely, 100% false. There were no problems with chemistry and team dynamics when she was on the team, nor have there been any such problems on any team she has ever been on. And there was no discord in the locker room either. Unless you can verify these "rumors" and "reports," then you have no credibility. Do people not realize she won two gold medals? The way people talk about her, you'd think they lost every game when she was on the team. People will spin any lies they can think of in order to make Geno not look like a petty, egotistical, selfish, vindictive snake.

Reactions: 8 people

As it pertains to this board the decision was Auriemma's period. Trying to convince or convey anything else on this board is literally pointless. Once she was not on the team and Geno was the coach that was the accepted narrative. While you are on this board that is the end of the story whether you like it or not unless you don't mind getting a billion replies about the type of person LV fans know Geno to be & a bunch of name calling.

I say it is their board let them believe whatever makes them feel good. In reality, not a single soul on this WCBB board or any other board knows the in & outs of what the USAB Olympic committee is doing. As much as we would like to think we are, we just aren't that in the know, just a bunch of spectators talking sh*t. No need to get them all in a tizzy about something that has literally nothing to do with this thread.

Yes, he did. And I'm glad you were able to forget about it. I'm sure Candace has, too.

Well i try to forget about it.... Look..... we are still talking about Maya Moore and her mom and the handbags what is it 11 years later....

Of course Geno had influence into team makeup.... but what good does it do to dwell on it....

I see this as being a big deal a decade from now.... how CP was jilted. I just do not want to hang on to it.

Many examples of coaches in the Olympics .... Geno Pat Coach K Bobby Knight... choosing their own....

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back