U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

The gangster ended our involvement--and cavorted with the Taliban in the process. As mentioned, we have 750 bases around the world, so your contention that we shouldn't spend more time in Afghanistan is absurd. Closing 50 bases and staying in Afghanistan would have been been preferable. Fifty years rather than 20 isn't stupid at all when you consider the country. It's realism.

Please cite the 750 bases please.

I'm very glad you aren't in charge of policy. Because it's stupid to think we might accomplish something in 50 years instead of 20.

We did not need to spend one single moment longer there than we did.

And don't forget, Obama started the withdrawal.
the brits were there for longer than 50 years.

if he called it a "special military operation" would you feel better?

I generally have no problems with SOF going in and killing people/breaking their toys.

I do have issues with occupations under the guise of "nation building" and continual conflict with no end goal or trying to export democracy to places that don't want democracy.

I generally have no problems with SOF going in and killing people/breaking their toys.

I do have issues with occupations under the guise of "nation building" and continual conflict with no end goal or trying to export democracy to places that don't want democracy.
I would have no issues with it if we had a max number of different cases of the SOF having to knock heads. because the continued deployment of those guys have lasted for extremely long periods of time and often result in escalation.

We didn't "occupy" Afghanistan and it's absurd to say so. They made their own decisions.

Let's be glad MAGA weren't around during world wars 1 and 2.

We didn't "occupy" Afghanistan and it's absurd to say so. They made their own decisions.

Let's be glad MAGA weren't around during world wars 1 and 2.
we had 100,000 soldiers in Afghanistan for two years, more than 10,000 for 9 of the 20 years. How is that not an occupation?

we had 100,000 soldiers in Afghanistan for two years, more than 10,000 for 9 of the 20 years. How is that not an occupation?

We occupied Iraq in the early 200s--and had a man, Paul Bremer, who was defacto head of state for a year or two. He and other U.S. advisors made all the key decisions in the country for a couple of years.

From Wiki: "In June, the Office was transformed into the Coalition Provisional Authority, and Bremer became the country's chief executive authority.[11][12] As the holder of the "most powerful foreign post held by any American since Gen. Douglas MacArthur in Japan,"[13] he compared himself to MacArthur as well as General Lucius Clay, who was in charge of the American zone in Germany following its defeat in World War II."

We had a big base or two in Afghanistan, but did not run the country. The Afghans did, though we certainly advised in certain areas for a few years---especially with respect to elections and building a stable defense force. The latter failed miserably, of course. It depends on whether one views Afghanistan as strategically important or not. It's now run by the radical Taliban again, though in some ways I believe our presence in that country moderated their behavior a little. It's still bad, just not as....

EXCLUSIVE: US Navy’s STEM ‘Equity’ Program Prioritized Candidates, Internships Based On Race, Docs Show​

The U.S. Navy approved more than $750,000 for a project that, while purporting to “equitably” increase the number of students interested in serving in the Navy’s STEM fields, prioritized recruiting underrepresented minority students, documents obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation show.

The University of Missouri–Kansas City (UMKC) proposed a way to encourage students to pursue degrees in fields of science, technology, economics and math (STEM) amid pressures for the U.S. military to out-compete adversaries in technological development, according to the since-approved application obtained by the Functional Government Initiative through a records request and provided to the DCNF. Although the project was framed as providing an opportunity for all students to break into the STEM fields based on the students’ qualifications, the Navy granted a budget extension to include 75 scholarships for underrepresented minority students and gave them first selection for the few on-campus paid research internships created through the program.

EXCLUSIVE: US Navy’s STEM ‘Equity’ Program Prioritized Candidates, Internships Based On Race, Docs Show​

The U.S. Navy approved more than $750,000 for a project that, while purporting to “equitably” increase the number of students interested in serving in the Navy’s STEM fields, prioritized recruiting underrepresented minority students, documents obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation show.

The University of Missouri–Kansas City (UMKC) proposed a way to encourage students to pursue degrees in fields of science, technology, economics and math (STEM) amid pressures for the U.S. military to out-compete adversaries in technological development, according to the since-approved application obtained by the Functional Government Initiative through a records request and provided to the DCNF. Although the project was framed as providing an opportunity for all students to break into the STEM fields based on the students’ qualifications, the Navy granted a budget extension to include 75 scholarships for underrepresented minority students and gave them first selection for the few on-campus paid research internships created through the program.

Isnt this a form of AA, which has just been deemed illegal?

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Can’t speak to this program, but when I was a recruiter for the navy, every candidate was worth different points based on several categories. We were incentivized to chase points.

Extra points for above 50 on ASVAB, extra for minority, extra for female, extra for tougher jobs (SEAL, nuclear, etc.).

You and I both know the military isn't a nation building entity. It's why it's failed every time.

You can only help people that want to be helped. Most of them are too poor and stupid to care.

You and I both know the military isn't a nation building entity. It's why it's failed every time.

You can only help people that want to be helped. Most of them are too poor and stupid to care.

No need to tell me that, brother. It's convincing the idiots in the WH and Congress of that point.

The successful post-war building of Japan gave the US a false sense of accomplishment. …. A HUGE ONE.

The Senate approved $95 Billion foreign aid package - which included $61 Billion for Ukraine - is enough money to build a wall along the entire U.S.-Mexico border.

VN Store

Back