U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

What's Going On With The Drill Sergeants At Fort Jackson?​

What is going on at Fort Jackson in South Carolina? Two drill sergeants have died in the span of less than two weeks. no official cause of death has been released, as US Army investigators are still sifting through the details. It has shined a light on the mental health issues facing drill instructors within the military, where a high proportion of officers appear to be wracked with anxiety, insomnia, and high burnout. Another drill sergeant candidate was found dead while on exercises last June (via NY Post):

Millionaire Conwoman, 57, is accused of Bilking US Army out of over $100 MILLION by Stealing cash from Military Youth Programs and splurging it on 31 Homes worth up to $4M each, supercars including Aston Martins and Ferraris and luxury globetrotting trips​

A millionaire conwoman has been accused of swindling the US Army out of $100million over six years by putting cash into her fake military youth business and splurging it on 31 homes and more than 70 supercars and motorcycles.

Janet Yamanaka Mello, 57, allegedly took military funds and spent millions of dollars on jewelry, clothing, luxury vehicles and real estate in one of the biggest fraud cases the military has ever dealt with.

Mello worked for the US Army at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, Texas as a CYS Financial Program Manager.

In 2016, she allegedly created a shell company, Child Health and Youth Lifelong Development, which she fraudulently used to collect money from the 4-H military partnership grant.

The firm, which was meant to help the children of army personnel, allegedly never did. Instead, it received dozens of monetary grants - without examination - for six years.

1704926051722.png
Janet Yamanaka Mello, 57, is accused of taking military funds and spending millions of dollars on blingy jewelry, clothing, luxury vehicles, and real estate in one of the biggest fraud cases the army has ever dealt with

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
Whitey is tired of fighting and dying!

The Army's recruiting of White soldiers has dropped significantly in the last half decade, according to internal data reviewed by Military.com, a decline that accounts for much of the service's historic recruitment slump that has become the subject of increasing concern for Army leadership and Capitol Hill.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

The Army's recruiting of White soldiers has dropped significantly in the last half decade, according to internal data reviewed by Military.com, a decline that accounts for much of the service's historic recruitment slump that has become the subject of increasing concern for Army leadership and Capitol Hill.

No. The problem isn't "whitey is tired of fighting and dying". The problem is leadership and lack of mission/purpose.

From the above article:

"What we're seeing is a reflection of society; what we know less of is what is driving all of these things," one Army official told Military.com. "There is no widely accepted cause."

A free piece of evidence from Cobbvol's All-Knowing Think Tank:

1704989681356.png

Do you think it has something to do with people not wanting to go halfway around the world to die for some dubious geopolitical interest?

EXCLUSIVE Millionaire conwoman, 57, who bilked military out of over $100M to splash on 31 homes and 80 cars 'FORGED boss's signature to move huge sums into her accounts' - as she's Freed WITHOUT Bail​

Janet Yamanaka Mello, 57, who is accused of embezzling from the US Army and spending millions on 80 supercars and 31 real estate properties, was not locked up ahead of her trial after a judge granted her a personal recognizance bond.

Judge Richard B Farrer did not deem Mello a flight risk - despite her previously residing in Guam - so he ordered her to be released after processing.

This means she did not have to pay a bond fee and instead just gave her word she will appear for all court appearances.

Aside from allegedly funneling Army funds into a defunct business she created, Mello is also accused of forging her boss' signature on paperwork that allowed her to move the money without anyone questioning it.

1704996392551.png
Mello's $3.1million property in Preston, Maryland. She regularly filed fraudulent paperwork and deposited grants a total of 40 times into her fake business during a six-year period, securing over $100,000,000 for herself, court documents allege

Mello's scathing federal indictment claims that she used the digital signature 'S.K' - which was not her own - on multiple signoffs while working as a CYS Financial Program Manager at Fort Sam Houston in Texas.

'S.K' refers to the chief of the CYS program, Suzanne King, who was Mello's boss, reports the San Antonio Express-News.

King has worked as the head of the US Army's Installation Management Command G-9 Division of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation for at least four years.

Mello used King's signature to siphon federal funds into her own fake business, CHYLD, as recently as August 29 last year, prosecutors claim.

As a result, questions have been raised about how the Army worker was able to steal over $100 million, in a relatively short time period, without being checked.

Not much.

I believe it's more than you think. Let's face it, going in and fighting the Taliban for 20 years only to turn around and give Afghanistan back to the Taliban didn't set well with a lot of service members.

Ras, while typically going a bridge too far, is correct in our lack of clear geopolitical goals. Or rather the lack of multiple Administrations not having a clear end game and continually going for "reconstruction" and "nation building" rather than kicking the hell out of some people that need it and letting them pick up the pieces.

There are a lot of factors that play into recruiting and, more importantly, retention. His reason is likely just as substantial as others.

I believe it's more than you think. Let's face it, going in and fighting the Taliban for 20 years only to turn around and give Afghanistan back to the Taliban didn't set well with a lot of service members.

Ras, while typically going a bridge too far, is correct in our lack of clear geopolitical goals. Or rather the lack of multiple Administrations not having a clear end game and continually going for "reconstruction" and "nation building" rather than kicking the hell out of some people that need it and letting them pick up the pieces.

There are a lot of factors that play into recruiting and, more importantly, retention. His reason is likely just as substantial as others.

As I said in an earlier post it’s lack of competent leadership and clear mission/purpose. Those are the root causes.

2 Navy SEALs Missing Off Somalia Coast were on a nighttime boarding mission: US officials​

Two U.S. Navy SEALs are missing off the coast of Somalia after having fallen into the water during a nighttime boarding mission on Thursday, according to two U.S. officials.

The officials said that the SEALs had fallen into the water one after the other during the boarding of a vessel by boat in the Gulf of Aden.

It was unclear what had prompted them to board the vessel.

For SEALs, it is standard protocol to jump into the water to rescue a fellow SEAL when they fall overboard, said a U.S. official.

Search operations for the missing SEALs continued Sunday, according to a defense official.

We did kick the hell out of the Taliban for years--to the extend that a large military can kick a mostly ragtag group of militant fighters on scooters who live in the mountains---and while nation-building is damn difficult and potentially foolish, I'd argue that Afghanistan was the place to try it. It was home to a nest of terrorists for many years. Problem was, the country is medieval, and we needed to keep a presence in that country for 50 years and not 20. It wasn't long enough. We should have stayed there. I read that we have--get this--about 750 overseas military bases, all with varying numbers of personnel. Are we to believe that we couldn't keep one in Afghanistan, which has far more geostrategic importance than, probably, 700 of the 750 bases we operate? Pulling out was just trump being, per usual, stupid and spiteful.

We did kick the hell out of the Taliban for years--to the extend that a large military can kick a mostly ragtag group of militant fighters on scooters who live in the mountains---and while nation-building is damn difficult and potentially foolish, I'd argue that Afghanistan was the place to try it. It was home to a nest of terrorists for many years. Problem was, the country is medieval, and we needed to keep a presence in that country for 50 years and not 20. It wasn't long enough. We should have stayed there. I read that we have--get this--about 750 overseas military bases, all with varying numbers of personnel. Are we to believe that we couldn't keep one in Afghanistan, which has far more geostrategic importance than, probably, 700 of the 750 bases we operate? Pulling out was just trump being, per usual, stupid and spiteful.
We shouldm't have been there at all. And you talk about Medieval... the majority of the hijackers came from the medeival KSA... not Afghanistan.

I'm very glad you aren't in charge of policy. Because it's stupid to think we might accomplish something in 50 years instead of 20.

We did not need to spend one single moment longer there than we did.

And don't forget, Obama started the withdrawal.

Are you a Democrat? I'm asking because I'm wondering what happened to the peace movement in the DNC. Seems like between Vietam and around 2012, the Democrat base was not a hawkish group. Obama ran in 2008 on shutting down Gitmo and ending the wars. But since 2012, Dems have been the most bloodthirsty of the two parties.

I'm very glad you aren't in charge of policy. Because it's stupid to think we might accomplish something in 50 years instead of 20.

We did not need to spend one single moment longer there than we did.

And don't forget, Obama started the withdrawal.

The gangster ended our involvement--and cavorted with the Taliban in the process. As mentioned, we have 750 bases around the world, so your contention that we shouldn't spend more time in Afghanistan is absurd. Closing 50 bases and staying in Afghanistan would have been been preferable. Fifty years rather than 20 isn't stupid at all when you consider the country. It's realism.

Are you a Democrat? I'm asking because I'm wondering what happened to the peace movement in the DNC. Seems like between Vietam and around 2012, the Democrat base was not a hawkish group. Obama ran in 2008 on shutting down Gitmo and ending the wars. But since 2012, Dems have been the most bloodthirsty of the two parties.

What wars are you referring to? There was no "war" in Afghanistan---we had a military presence there as we do in scores of countries. We fought the Taliban at times, but they were mostly minor engagements. Far different from Vietnam, where we lost 50K people. Bloodthirsty? Comical. We have no troops in Ukraine, yet for a small sum of money (relatively) we've helped to greatly weaken our longtime geopolitical enemy. NATO has been expanded. Great value for money. Russia is now a mess. Major foreign-policy win. Right-wingers only oppose our effort in Ukraine because they oppose everything that Biden and the Dems do--that is the way the GOP has been operating for the last 15 years. It does little or nothing at all but oppose the Dems. Look at the GOP-led House--a joke. I could ask with more validity, what happened to the conservative/Republican obsession with fighting the commies? Actually, it's still there except for the gangster--who wants to be Putin's butt boy (sad and traitorous).

The gangster ended our involvement--and cavorted with the Taliban in the process. As mentioned, we have 750 bases around the world, so your contention that we shouldn't spend more time in Afghanistan is absurd. Closing 50 bases and staying in Afghanistan would have been been preferable. Fifty years rather than 20 isn't stupid at all when you consider the country. It's realism.

It’s news to me that the “gangster“ was president when we left Afghanistan.

VN Store

Back