Tyndall Meeting With UT Today

LWS said on VQ that he thought was that Hart would use the same low buyout strategy he used to run off a coach to attempt to hire a new coach.

He added that this approach is abnormal in college coaches contracts and that Hart evidently did no thane much faith in White.

LWS said on VQ that he thought was that Hart would use the same low buyout strategy he used to run off a coach to attempt to hire a new coach.

He added that this approach is abnormal in college coaches contracts and that Hart evidently did no thane much faith in White.

Maybe he is trying to act like they can not get mid major coach for low amount, so go for BIG BOYS with BIG MONEY! I can wish right? :)

It is becoming clear that many UT fans dont watch much bball. Also becoming clear how UT fans got the rep we have. Tyndall would be good hire. White would have been too. Just because you havent heard of them doesnt mean they cant coach. Maybe Dickey was right in 1997 about hiring Bill Self: How will I explain to UT fans that I hired a coach from Oral Roberts."

Reactions: 2 people

If that's true then perhaps Hart doesn't want to spend now but would rather spend later when our reserves are back up. Trouble is right now is pretty damned important as the program can sink if the wrong person is hired causing more financial woe later on.

It is becoming clear that many UT fans dont watch much bball. Also becoming clear how UT fans got the rep we have. Tyndall would be good hire. White would have been too. Just because you havent heard of them doesnt mean they cant coach. Maybe Dickey was right in 1997 about hiring Bill Self: How will I explain to UT fans that I hired a coach from Oral Roberts."

Considering a good portion were saying we could either rehire Pearl or close the program, I'd say it's pretty clear the UT fanbase's collective basketball I.Q. isn't very good.

However, they do support it. Plus I think most were on board with White, and the only reason people may turn their nose up a bit at Tyndall is because we were just rejected by White.

If that's true, Hart needs to go. If Butch has any success, Hart will probably lose him too. I wonder though, how much of that is Hart's own doing, or if Cheek has some influence on what type of contract structure can be offered??

Considering a good portion were saying we could either rehire Pearl or close the program, I'd say it's pretty clear the UT fanbase's collective basketball I.Q. isn't very good.

However, they do support it. Plus I think most were on board with White, and the only reason people may turn their nose up a bit at Tyndall is because we were just rejected by White.

Sorry, I can't get past a proven Final 4 coach is out there with NO buyout.

I'm sure these coaches will do great things, but I like knowing Howland already has.

Reactions: 4 people
Sorry, I can't get past a proven Final 4 coach is out there with NO buyout.

I'm sure these coaches will do great things, but I like knowing Howland already has.

I'm right there with you. I will be pretty not happy if he ends up at Missouri.

According to their board Tyndall would be crazy not to take the TN job.
Large pay increase. 7 hours closer to his kids. Some of the worst facilities in the game a SM.
Would already have established recruiting circuit.
2 NCAAs. Take him.
Baggage is long passed.

wow , Hart is really going the cheap route. its really pathetic

Was there ever really any doubt?

I originally thought Hart didn't want Martin at Tennessee so he lowballed his buyout and extension. But now, I don't think it had anything to do with Martin's performance. I think Hart is just very "careful" with money.

Hubbs said he was staying, not going to Cal, dream is to play for the Vols.

No way on earth he'd get a release to go play for Cal imo.

It's going to suck if Mizzou gets Howland.

Yet another AD with balls will make a bold move that pays off big time.

Reactions: 2 people
scraping toward the bottom.....quit spending money and we can get the damned AD ouy....CHEEK too......I'll start, no more til they wake up

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back