Tyndall Meeting With UT Today

Tyndall likes to play an aggressive define much like Louisville does. He likes to play aggressive man to man defense and press after made baskets and he likes to trap half court out of a zone defense on dead balls.

On offense he likes to play a lot like Kansas, running a high-low motion with ball screens. His offense gives guards a chance to play to draw and kick off ball screens and shoot a lot of threes.

exactly... sounds pretty similar to the 1st 3 years of Pearl... and he's only 44...

People like to think they know something.
Do you really think that contract terms, etc. are discussed with media?
White could have simply been pre-interviewed and told, "based on your resume here is the pay, buyout, term we are willing to work in." If this is in range, then we'd like a formal interview. If not, let's not waste each others time. He could have looked at the terms and said, I'd rather not be a candidate.

It's really simply. "Here is what we were prepared to pay a Sweet 16 coach." I'd be very surprised if Cal offered any more pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If Marshall, Mack, Cronin, Pitino and Howland are out of the running, Tyndall may be the best choice left.

Reactions: 1 person
His team pressed Mizzou out of the gym in the NIT.

I love presses. Forces the opponent to play every inch - it frustrates and infuriates teams not used to fighting the entire game.

He was definitely near the bottom of my list but oh well. He is average. At least he isn't a loser like Dooley was.

At this point. Bring in Tony Jones. Lol I hope this Tyndall fella doesn't reject us or we might end up with Dooley coaching our basketball team.

Reactions: 2 people
White could have simply been pre-interviewed and told, "based on your resume here is the pay, buyout, term we are willing to work in." If this is in range, then we'd like a formal interview. If not, let's not waste each others time. He could have looked at the terms and said, I'd rather not be a candidate.

It's really simply. "Here is what we were prepared to pay a Sweet 16 coach." I'd be very surprised if Cal offered any more pay.
Willing to bet Ole Miss was in his ear. Will most likely replace Kennedy if he doesn't produce this season.

Willing to bet Ole Miss was in his ear. Will most likely replace Kennedy if he doesn't produce this season.

I doubt that was it. Tennessee is a much better job than Ole Miss is. To me, the blame falls completely on our administration.

Scout just tweeted "Hubbs following Cuonzo to Cal?" but I can't access the article. THAT might have something to do with this mess.

sounds to me like you think you know something. Pre-interview much?

Scout just tweeted "Hubbs following Cuonzo to Cal?" but I can't access the article. THAT might have something to do with this mess.

I would not give him a release that would allow him to go there. Also, who is in charge of team right now?

VN Store

Back