Tyler Bray officially a Vol.

I hope all the positive UT records are broken over and over again.:thumbsup:

Supposedly that time was from a long time ago and he has since posted faster times.

Also, I believe that on the Elite 11 show the other day, they said he was now 6'7. When they were showing the selection process the guy who was in charge, made a remark about how Bray stood out as one that would be an above average college QB and would has the physical tools to be at least a serviceable NFL backup.

Check out the second video from his ESPN page:
Tyler Bray - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

Not only does he have good mobility for a guy with his size, but he also makes plays with his LEGS!

Supposedly that time was from a long time ago and he has since posted faster times.

Plus, he is still growing into his frame. Clearly, he is never going to be a burner, but I suspect his 40 time will end up being in the much more respectable 5.0-5.2 range. But what is more important than that is his ability to move around in the pocket. Tom Brady is slow, but has a nice knack for avoiding sacks. Drew Bledsoe, on the other hand, was never more than a sitting duck.

From the limited film, it is difficult to tell which one Bray will more closely resemble.

I think Tyler is going to lead us into singing Rocky Top many many times over his career. He made the right choice.

Check out the second video from his ESPN page:
Tyler Bray - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

Not only does he have good mobility for a guy with his size, but he also makes plays with his LEGS!

I wouldn't get too irrationally exuberant about those 6-8 yard runs he was getting in those clips. Don't get me wrong, I think this is great pickup, and I think he has the potential to be really good. But he will be doing very little scrambling in the SEC. He is much more Erik Ainge than Tee Martin.

Have to admit that he is pretty agile for 6'6''. In my experience guys that tall are not that agile. Very accurate with his throws too!!

i am very very excited to have this kid in the class. i hope the staff does what it has to do to keep bray a vol.

Hopefully AA will get his hands on him and work his magic!!!...Bigger, stronger, yet keep the flexiblity!!!

i am very very excited to have this kid in the class. i hope the staff does what it has to do to keep bray a vol.

I think he will remain a Vol. He is an ee. His parents are buying a house in Knoxville. I assume they are preparing to move as we speak. Come hell or high water I imagine they will keep him in Knoxville.:dance2:

I heard yesterday that he is graduating high school in Dec and will be on campus in January and has announced he will battle for the starting job...I think that they will immediately be put in the weight room but we will see...This is good news!:good!:

One name came to my mind when watching his clips..and it wasnt Manning.

Ickabod Crane.

It was funny watching him run that one speed option play. Hes so tall and lanky, it seemed that tacklers had trouble tackling him. Reminded me of a pack of hyenas trying to bring down a giraffe.

Im very happy he picked the Vols! Congrats to the staff and welcome aboard Mr Bray!!!!

Excuse me for my Johnny-come-lately insight but wasn't he originally a verbal to San Diego State?

And whoa, 6'6" - 189 lbs? I consider myself very skinny but damn.

VN Store

Back