'19 TX WR Jalen Curry

We will either set a trend with early OV or it will prove to be an error. Early signing day a game changer as hard sometimes to get in during year from West.

Yeah with all the new visit rules and early signing strategies will change. May as well try something new here and see if it works.

Kamara's at the O&W game. Hopefully, AK will get some time with Boobie and closes the deal. In fact, I'm predicting Curry commits in the next day or 2

He plans to come back in the summer or the fall to see Tennessee again. He likes the offensive scheme and how receiver friendly it is noting they want to get the ball down field.

He has a great relationship with Tino Sunseri going back to FSU when he was committed there and Sunseri was working there. Sunseri is the guy who has gotten Tennessee into the picture.

No other officials set up yet but wants to take several in the spring/summer before his senior season.

Says Tennessee, FSU and Texas A&M are pursuing him hard.

Hubbs

Reactions: 5 people
If you really believe that then commit. Guys are saying that and then committing somewhere else

“The weekend was amazing,” Curry said. “I got to enjoy my time with all the coaching staff, their families, the players, seeing the Tennessee tradition and seeing something new because it was my first time being in Tennessee. My first time here, I really loved it. “It's a school I'm really looking at so I wanted to see how everything is here before I really start narrowing things down. I really wanted to look into them to see what I would be getting into.”

Tennessee has popped up on Curry's radar thanks to a long standing relationship with Tennessee quality control assistant Tino Sunseri. “They are building a new program with coach Pruitt. He's about to turn this program around in a year or two. Coach Sunseri is now here. I had a great relationship with him at Florida State. Since he is at Tennessee now, I'm really looking in them,” Curry offered.

The 6-3, 190 pound vertical threat receiver liked what he saw offensively on Saturday and he likes offensive coordinator Tyson Helton's pedigree. “The new offensive coordinator coach Helton, he's been successful and his offense has been successful for several years,” Curry said. “He's coached some great wideouts and some great quarterbacks. Their system has been successful.

“They were airing the ball out giving their wide receivers a chance to go down field and make a play. I really excel at that and I really liked seeing that yesterday.” Tennessee was Curry's first official visit but he plans to make more this spring and summer as he's being courted by a lot of schools in the south.

“Tennessee, Texas A&M, Florida State, Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU, TCU are all chasing me hard,” Curry said. “I'm just embracing it and listening to what they have to say and offer. “Right now, I'm just being patient enjoying the process and not stressing over it.” And Curry said he plans to see Tennessee again. “I will be back definitely whether it's for a camp in the summer or for a game. I will definitely be back up,” Curry said.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
If you really believe that then commit. Guys are saying that and then committing somewhere else

They probably believe it but they want to see it. Patience is key. If Pruitt and co start winning we will consistently get top 5 classes. Just going to have to be patient

Reactions: 1 person
Random 4 Star: “I love this Tennessee staff and believe it is one of the best in the country.”

Commits to South Carolina 2 days later...

Reactions: 4 people
Mann I feel coach Pruitt and his coaching staff putting a change to the program already. He’s really up to something!!👀 #GBO #T19 🍊

Curry tweet tonight.

The Vols’ decision to host four-star defensive end Khris Bogle of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and four-star wide receiver Jalen Curry of Houston — two top-100 prospects — on official visits over the weekend clearly was a calculated risk, with the early signing period for the 2019 class still eight months away. But it might have given Tennessee a legitimate chance of remaining a serious contender for Curry, who already has a strong relationship with Vols quality control analyst Tino Sunseri from his time at Florida State, where Curry once was committed. Tennessee still will face fierce competition from Miami and Florida State for Bogle, but Curry seems to be pretty open to the idea of leaving Texas and was impressed with his first look at the Vols.

- Callahan

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back