'19 TX WR Jalen Curry

VQ mods dont agree with UT using these early OVs
it is a risk. i don't think anyone disputes that.....

could be an over reaction for not being in early enough on kids from the last cycle? dunno. the good news is the majority of these kids are regional, and can come back for unofficials in the fall.

we'll see how it plays out.

ah, hell, we're working for the 2020 class anyway.:eek:lol:

I agree with Callahan on this. I think the early OV's are fine for a kid like Curry. He's far away in TX and likely wouldn't visit until his OV in the fall and by then it's too late in the process. Local kids/regional kids? Sure, I wouldn't do it. But if a kids in CA or TX might as well get them on campus early and if they are interested enough they'll come back on their own dime. And if they're not you can cut bait and focus efforts elsewhere.

Reactions: 3 people
I think there's also something to the fact that the atmosphere around campus will be electric this weekend, and UT is guaranteed at least a half-win. There's really no chance for the vibe to sour. Get them in to experience it all while enthusiasm is as high as its been in a couple years, just in case the season goes the way Pruitt seems to tempering our expectations for.

Apologies for ending on a preposition.

I think there's also something to the fact that the atmosphere around campus will be electric this weekend, and UT is guaranteed at least a half-win. There's really no chance for the vibe to sour. Get them in to experience it all while enthusiasm is as high as its been in a couple years, just in case the season goes the way Pruitt seems to tempering our expectations for.

i can see that, and this is the first opportunity for this staff to put anything on the field that will resemble what they want it to look like. and i think that's important for a lot of reasons. but mainly, it's been pretty well established that most recruits they've targeted, think highly of this staff.

but there's trepidation on recruits' part because this is the first time this staff is going to do what they're about to do on their own, w/out a Nick Saban, Mark Richt or Jimbo Fisher at the helm.

so i think they're taking as much opportunity as they can, as soon as they can, to not only build the trust relationship wise, but to also build some trust on the field as well.

and hope like hell we don't fall on our faces come fall.:)

You have no idea the damage your little preposition has caused. Grammar Nazis everywhere falling out of their chairs and possible serious head injuries, all from your little stunt there. Well mister...
source.gif

Reactions: 2 people
it is a risk. i don't think anyone disputes that.....

could be an over reaction for not being in early enough on kids from the last cycle? dunno. the good news is the majority of these kids are regional, and can come back for unofficials in the fall.

we'll see how it plays out.

ah, hell, we're working for the 2020 class anyway.:eek:lol:

Who visited for the UGA game last year? :pinch:

I think Cade Mays was one.

You have no idea the damage your little preposition has caused. Grammar Nazis everywhere falling out of their chairs and possible serious head injuries, all from your little stunt there. Well mister...
source.gif

I can't remember my name but I'm very angry for some reason and my head really hurts. :)

I agree with Callahan on this. I think the early OV's are fine for a kid like Curry. He's far away in TX and likely wouldn't visit until his OV in the fall and by then it's too late in the process. Local kids/regional kids? Sure, I wouldn't do it. But if a kids in CA or TX might as well get them on campus early and if they are interested enough they'll come back on their own dime. And if they're not you can cut bait and focus efforts elsewhere.

Long distance kids you get them here whenever you can. Its hard to get them here in some cases to begin with. If its a kid in western NC or North GA it would make more sense to hold on to that OV as long as you think you can.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn’t help tho. And for it to be his eventual choice? :hmm:

still,i think the Cade Mays recruitment is just a bad comparison for almost anyone, for almost any reason.

guys take visits.

we've been burned a lot more than some others lately...

i mean, go the other way, Quay Walker, ITS, Olija Griffin, all OV'd here late, and it didn't matter in the end, still went where they went.

we've been conditioned to think that if a recruit/commit/prospect even looks in another direction....'he gone'.

and more times than not, he is. so i get it.

and i won't be surprised to see Morris at AUB either.

still,i think the Cade Mays recruitment is just a bad comparison for almost anyone, for almost any reason.

guys take visits.

we've been burned a lot more than some others lately...

i mean, go the other way, Quay Walker, ITS, Olija Griffin, all OV'd here late, and it didn't matter in the end, still went where they went.

we've been conditioned to think that if a recruit/commit/prospect even looks in another direction....'he gone'.

and more times than not, he is. so i get it.

and i won't be surprised to see Morris at AUB either.

Watching that utter devastation IN PERSON makes it much more difficult to project yourself on the team being devastated. I think it was the ultimate trigger in him picking UGA over Clemson and basically writing us off.

Watching that utter devastation IN PERSON makes it much more difficult to project yourself on the team being devastated. I think it was the ultimate trigger in him picking UGA over Clemson and basically writing us off.

well like i said, i think it was at least part of it. not THE reason.

and i agree, what happened on the field last year, that's hard to ignore as well.

sum of the parts said....'i should go elsewhere'.

well like i said, i think it was at least part of it. not THE reason.

and i agree, what happened on the field last year, that's hard to ignore as well.

sum of the parts said....'i should go elsewhere'.

In the context of the subject of TIMING of official visits, I think it’s highly relative. We most likely lose Cade anyway, much more likely it’s to Clemson if his OV was at last year’s O&W Game.

Agreed. Use the OV early in cases to generate interest where it might be negligible. In cases with existing interest and possible UOV's in the junior year, save the OV to the very last minute.

Play your cards when you need them. Sometimes early, sometimes late.

We will either set a trend with early OV or it will prove to be an error. Early signing day a game changer as hard sometimes to get in during year from West.

Agree much more likely to unofficial if they love the visit than instead of keep having them push unofficial then only end up with a late official when mind is made up

VN Store

Back