Turmoil In Heaven? Pruitt-Fulmer Tension?

Idk where your going with this but Fulmer would not have hired him if he didn’t like Pruitt. Fulmer just like us as fans are sick of seeing our beloved football program struggle and of course there might be a few bumps in the road in building there relationship but this is nothing to be concerned with

Certain segment of Tennessee fans strongly dislike Fulmer....lot of em post on VN. Don’t doubt for a second that that’s where this “rumor” comes from. Hell, maybe even old Johnny himself was the source.

This stuff is coming from Georgia fans (and former players). What's funny is the fans wouldn't be saying anything if it wasn't ginned up by Murray and Pollack to begin with.

I too suspect that this originated in Georgia, but I doubt that either Murray, Pollack or anyone in the Georgia fanbase possesses the intelligence to have been the progenitors of such a scheme. I suspect that they are mere sock puppets for the athletic department in Athens.

I said way back when they hired Fulmer it was a mistake. He still harbors jealousy and has an ax to grind. If we rise back to the top, he will attempt to take all the credit and Pruitt will leave. I just hope Pruitt can tolerate Fulmer long enough to win Big before he skirts out of town due to Fulmer’s meddling. He needs to stick to fundraising and sucking up to boosters. A lot of u folks have a selective memory. When the sec became stronger (Richt, Meyer,etc) Fulmer got absolutely embarrassed without Cutcliffe. He has no business near our practice field. If he did, he’d still be the coach

People don't always have to see "eye to eye" to be successful. In fact I would argue some disagreement is actually good, keeps each other honest.

I said way back when they hired Fulmer it was a mistake. He still harbors jealousy and has an ax to grind. If we rise back to the top, he will attempt to take all the credit and Pruitt will leave. I just hope Pruitt can tolerate Fulmer long enough to win Big before he skirts out of town due to Fulmer’s meddling. He needs to stick to fundraising and sucking up to boosters. A lot of u folks have a selective memory. When the sec became stronger (Richt, Meyer,etc) Fulmer got absolutely embarrassed without Cutcliffe. He has no business near our practice field. If he did, he’d still be the coach

...And a lot forget why his name is on a street in Knoxville not to mention in the football hall of fame . I’m also guessing in the future , much to the dismay of some , there will probably be a statue on the campus of him . It’s really easy to harp on the mans mistakes instead of appreciating the things he did for this University . You can complain all you want but you will be hard pressed to find anyone that wants
Tennessee to succeed more that PF .

Edit : since I’m on a full rant I’ll go ahead an add ... In my opinion the man has earned the right to be near our practice field any time he feels like it .

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
I hope Fulmer is more hands off. This is the kind of thing hat makes a coach want to leave to make his own mark and run his tram his way.

I just hope that we’re not training Alabama’s next national championship coach

I hope Fulmer is more hands off. This is the kind of thing hat makes a coach want to leave to make his own mark and run his tram his way.

I just hope that we’re not training Alabama’s next national championship coach

If we are that probably means we're beating more people than Vanderbilt

The AtoZ article (by Zach Ragan) is self-contradictory. Passes on the report from a Chattanooga paper that the AD and head coach are not seeing eye to eye, then says it's nothing to worry about.

Pick your stance, Zach. Either it's nothing, and you needn't have written a bogus article, or it's something, and you shouldn't dismiss it.

I personally think it's the former. The guy who wrote the Chattanooga Times Free Press article that Ragan was quoting is a Georgia native and Auburn alum named Jay Greeson. I suspect Jay took a nanite-sized bit of info from a low-level source somewhere in the Anderson complex and used it to pile on with fellow Georgians Aaron Murray and David Pollack.

The timing would be waaaay too coincidental otherwise.

True very true. As a chattanooga resident and reluctant listener of their afternoon radio show, i can attest that greeson is first class doucher. Pay no attention to him because attention is exactly what he craves

Reactions: 1 person
Actually it sounds par for the course for the UTAD.

Hasn't Fulmer gone all over the place saying the admin, AD, fans and players are all pulling in the right direction? He knows to be successful in his AD position, he needs to let Pruitt be his own coach. It makes no sense to sew discord and create distractions. Fulmer doesn't want to coach again, he's got bigger fish to fry (taking a more Birdseye approach to getting this program back to being respected) if anything I think he just wants to be asked his opinion from time to time and I'm pretty sure Pruitt knows how important that is by listening to his press conferences.

Please please please let this off season be over with so we can atleast have something that we all can watch and then disagree with rather than all this “ my feelers are hurt “ crap.

Careful there. Last year in Oct-Nov, a lot of us were begging for the OFFseason.

Personally I love all this hate, no one really bothered to come at us when we were running around in circles because they knew Butch was a cancer and wouldn't take us anywhere. Now they're legit worried about what Pruitt is capable of so they resort to bad mouthing. Folks are already scared because they know what he's capable of and we haven't even played a snap yet. There's a lot of people who really don't want us to be a powerhouse again. *cough* GA *cough* Where was all this doubt when Kirby was an unproven HC. :question:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 people
My sense so far in this story is that there are some people who object to a “my way or the highway” approach to getting TN football back on track. Those people may have had a role in a “committee” approach that may have previously embedded itself on the hill. I don’t know why Pruitt would replace some of the “old school” guys but as long as he is bringing in competent replacements I can’t see any apparent issue apart from a few people feeling like their “entitlement” is not being respected. I may be wrong but I suspect Pruitt doesn’t make any bold systemic moves without getting some feedback from Fulmer. Fulmer would need to be in the loop in order to offer comfort to some of the ruffled feathers Pruitt may stir up. I don’t know of anything he could be doing right now to cause resentment other than perhaps pursuing a complete overhaul of the administrative and support “states” behind Tennessee football. My guess is that any “whispers” of dissension are not coming from Fulmer; more likely from people with bruised egos that Fulmer may have tried to comfort while they adjust to the pain of their loss. I wonder if Bob Kesling is scared?

Not quite the same, but similar. My boss had my job before me. I respect the heck out of her, as she does me. We don’t always agree and butt heads some, but want the same results. She picked me because we are similar in our approach in getting the results we both strive to every day, but believe me, she has my back as I do hers. I sincerely hope this is true for both coach and AD. It does work, at least on my level.

Reactions: 2 people
We have no idea if Fuller is meddling. Not seeing 100% eye to eye for an AD and HC is more common than rare, and certainly doesn't indicate that Fuller is meddling. Fulmer might possibly have suggested something that Pruitt nixed, but that's not meddling. If Fuller tried to force his ideas onto Pruitt, that would be meddling, but those articles are a long way from suggesting that.

Fulmer needs to let Pruitt take care of the football. Phil take care of the other things your suppose to. Your not the football coach anymore. I got faith in Pruitt getting the job done. You people are about to see a big change in Tennessee football.

And is anyone getting that all nega Pruitt stuff is falling now when SEC media is meeting and there is a platform to “maybe” reflect in recruiting? JMO.

Reactions: 5 people
Whispers and rumors=the end of the football world. Remember when sports writing used to be factual? Yeah, they used to do that. Some still do.

And is anyone getting that all nega Pruitt stuff is falling now when SEC media is meeting and there is a platform to “maybe” reflect in recruiting? JMO.

This all day long.. Georgia homers started the Pruitt / Richt stories right before SEC media days.. With a Georgia homer rehashing it during SEC media days.. Well.. Where is the recruiting hotbed?

This dude is looking for clicks.. If Pruitt / Fulmer are butting heads.. Only them two know about this wouldn't y'all think.. Not some random internet keyboard nobody... Jmhfcpo

VN Store

Back