Turmoil In Heaven? Pruitt-Fulmer Tension?

Maybe its just coach speak but it seems to me that both CPF and CJP have had nothing but delightful things to say about each other.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't forget, meddling requires effort and the expending of energy. I really don't think this particular salacious story has any foundation in reality.

Reactions: 1 person
The AtoZ article (by Zach Ragan) is self-contradictory. Passes on the report from a Chattanooga paper that the AD and head coach are not seeing eye to eye, then says it's nothing to worry about.

Pick your stance, Zach. Either it's nothing, and you needn't have written a bogus article, or it's something, and you shouldn't dismiss it.

I personally think it's the former. The guy who wrote the Chattanooga Times Free Press article that Ragan was quoting is a Georgia native and Auburn alum named Jay Greeson. I suspect Jay took a nanite-sized bit of info from a low-level source somewhere in the Anderson complex and used it to pile on with fellow Georgians Aaron Murray and David Pollack.

The timing would be waaaay too coincidental otherwise.
I don't trust very much that come from the media in Chattanooga. They tend to favor Alabama much more than Tennessee as do the folks in Cleveland Tennessee. In one ear and out the other.

Reactions: 4 people
lol at people taking that quote WAY out of context. And freaking out over it.

Football season can't get here soon enough so "silly season" can end.

I'm sure they dont always agree on everything... this should be expected... they just have to get used to their new roles

"Whispers"? "Not seeing eye to eye"? About what? This is so vague it could be that Fulmer is meddling. Then again maybe Pruitt doesn't like his parking space. I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.

lol at people taking that quote WAY out of context. And freaking out over it.

Football season can't get here soon enough so "silly season" can end.

Meh, usual social media stuff. "Whispers"

But mix it with several just dying to catch a negative nugget and the OP's desire to break the thread starting record and here we are.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't trust very much that come from the media in Chattanooga. They tend to favor Alabama much more than Tennessee as do the folks in Cleveland Tennessee. In one ear and out the other.

I would feel less inclined to trust a good size chunk of the crap stirrers based in Knoxville. But overall, more and more media type regardless of location seem to be using the National Enquirer model for reporting; more about breaking a hot story to hopefully get famous and accurate reporting be damned.

Seems that got rolling with the O.J. Simpson case, and nothing has been the same since.

Sounds like a troll straight out of Bammerland. They still hate Fulmer.

Greeson: Pruitt looks the part in his first media daze | Times Free Press

Report: There are "whispers" that Vols' Jeremy Pruitt and Phillip Fulmer aren't seeing eye to eye

:eek:hmy:

"There also are whispers out of Knoxville that the hard-charging Pruitt and new athletic director Phillip Fulmer are not exactly seeing eye to eye as both feel their way in their new roles. And maybe those growing pains are to be expected considering the newness in some ways and the old habits — Fulmer being the coach; Pruitt working for guys way more famous than the AD — in others."

Fyp

100% Click Bait.....

Maybe. But knowing fulmer’s reputation where there’s smoke , possible fire. He will want to put his fingerprints on football program. That’s just what exfootball coaches do when they are made a.d.’s. Should have seen this coming.

Sounds like a troll straight out of Bammerland. They still hate Fulmer.

This stuff is coming from Georgia fans (and former players). What's funny is the fans wouldn't be saying anything if it wasn't ginned up by Murray and Pollack to begin with.

There is, I'm sure, a degree of truth to it though. The Pruitt/Richt clash is well-documented and isn't new information.

As for Phil's supposed or potential meddling, why is that surprising? He was the school's football coach for 16 years and won a bunch of games, including a national title. He's going to be in Pruitt's ear about stuff and Pruitt has said many times himself he talks with Fulmer basically everyday - how he communicates those things is key.

Last edited:
Please please please let this off season be over with so we can atleast have something that we all can watch and then disagree with rather than all this “ my feelers are hurt “ crap.

It's just my opinion based on observation, but Tennessee as a whole: admin, staff, team, and fans all seem more unified now than we have been in a long time.

I hearken back to the words of our AD when he shared the vision, "It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit."

We all came together and for the most part, it appears that practically everything is headed toward improvement over last year from: admin and coaching staff leadership, recruiting, player buy in, everyone working hard to improve in practice and strength and conditioning, to a renewed sense of support with hope, cautious optimism, and a quiet confidence (tempered by a realistic patience) on the part of the fans.

The call to unity was made and Vol Nation has responded. We can take it as a good sign that outsiders seem anxious to stir up division, because we know as history has proven, a unified Tennessee is a strong Tennessee.

It's happening!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe. But knowing fulmer’s reputation where there’s smoke , possible fire. He will want to put his fingerprints on football program. That’s just what exfootball coaches do when they are made a.d.’s. Should have seen this coming.

By giving CJP everything to be some successful (like he has promised and what Pruitt just praised him of doing at the SEC media event ) he will put more than just his fingerprint on the program , he will have saved it . Do you really think with that on the line he would blow that opportunity ? What we should have seen coming is the hiring of ADs with zero knowledge of football except for what they are told . We could have hired Phil sooner than we did and avoided the Ohio state retread coaching plan .

VN Store

Back