Turmoil In Heaven? Pruitt-Fulmer Tension?

Seems like the local reporters are getting back to their ways of trying to start rumors and bring negativity back.

Grow some balls and tell the name of who told you or don’t report it at all......

Typical worthless Knoxville reporter must have got his feelings hurt so he writes an article with “sources” saying the ad and coach can’t get along

Journalism is dead. It's now just click bait articles

Reactions: 3 people
Journalism is dead. It's now just click bait articles

There's a lot of truth to this. Rev...but it's a matter of the existing talent being diluted by a swarm of wanna-bes, rather than the loss of the profession altogether.

There are probably just as many good, conscientious journalists who take pride in their craft, have integrity in their research and writing, and follow the journalistic code of ethics as there ever were. And they still work, mostly, for the AP, UPI, Reuters, etc., and the big papers: NYT and Int'l Herald-Tribune, Wash Post, WSJ, plus magazines like the Economist, USN&WR, etc. A few in television, but mostly in the print media.

It's just that they are now surrounded by a massive wave of internet-enabled, blog-based "reporters" whose only ethic is "clicks," whose only values are likes and retweets, as you say. The good reporters are probably outnumbered 3 to 1, or even 10 to 1. Maybe 100 to 1?

It's pretty amazing, when you think about it, how fast the internet "news media" ballooned up. Went from being a novelty (remember when The Onion started up in the mid-90s?) to dwarfing the traditional print media in just two decades. And with that came the widespread lack of journalistic integrity and standards.

Pity. But the good ones are not all gone, just buried among the unwashed and uncaring masses.

Reactions: 1 person
Link

Fulmer Meddling?

:eek:hmy:

"There also are whispers out of Knoxville that the hard-charging Pruitt and new athletic director Phillip Fulmer are not exactly seeing eye to eye as both feel their way in their new roles. And maybe those growing pains are to be expected considering the newness in some ways and the old habits — Fulmer being the coach; Pruitt working for guys way more famous than the AD — in others."

I prefer to point out this from the articles:

"But even if Fulmer didn’t like the changes, he let Pruitt have full autonomy in that department. He obviously didn’t block the moves, which is a great sign for the future of Tennessee football."

I don't think that points to "meddling".

I don’t buy this bs one bit. Fulmer got tons of space his whole coaching career by the AD. I know he is doing the same with Pruitt. Of course he will give him all the resources he needs, but he isn’t going to pressuring Pruitt. Fulmer is a lot smarter than most think for some reason.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back