Truth hurts. Trolled again.

The 2 brothers that operate Football Scoop are childhood/high school friends of Peyton and Eli Manning who still have close contact with them. The older brother branched off and he has the site Coaching Search. Might wanna pay attention to what they have to say. They are very well connected in the industry.

Yeah, I know the dudes that run it. While it isn't exactly slick and there may be a bunch of typos, they have legit knowledge and are very connected to the coaching world.

Yep
"Always remember: Grumors exist because Gruden wants them to exist. And for as long as they do, Tennessee fans are going to be the easiest target in America."

Makes you wonder if this is the time he looks back and says "d@mn, I put my kid (at UT) and my wife's family (in ETN) through all that just for kicks"?

Jon Gruden could put a stop to any further embarrassment to his beloved University by saying " I have talked to the University of Tennessee and made them aware of my thoughts on the open coaching position. It is at their discretion to release the content of our discussions" or "Thank you and I'm flattered but, I am not interested in coaching college football".

We can all move on.

The longer the rumors stay alive, the more his popularity grows. He ain't stopping it. And even if he did, that would not stop these jugheads.

Reactions: 2 people
I believed until Wednesday. People got pumped about the airport stake out, but that confirmed to me this is most likely 2012 part 2

Reactions: 1 person
The best thing that could happen is for Jon Gruden to never coach the Vols. The very same people who will ***** and complain if it's Norvell, Campbell, Frost, etc because they haven't 'proven anything' are all in on a coach who has literally done nothing in the college game from recruiting to winning even a single game. Apparently to qualify to coach the Vols you can't be a group of 5 coach or below but this will qualify you.

1. Marry a former pom pom tosser from UT
2. Own, have owned or rumored to own land in E.TN
3. Sing a line or two of Rocky Top or simply reference it

And just to be clear I'm not advocating hiring another mid major coach but make Patterson, Kelly and a few others who have had success tell you no before thinking of Gruden.

Reactions: 3 people
The meltdown on here is going to be hysterical. So many people are going to throw themselves from a bridge when he doesn't come.

I’ve learn there’s a lot of newbies in the JG threads that they have sources. Yet all these so called sources are FOS.

Dennis Dodd on Twitter....

There should be a constitutional amendment against writing "Jon Gruden" and "Tennessee" in the same sentence.

Reactions: 4 people
Yep
"Always remember: Grumors exist because Gruden wants them to exist. And for as long as they do, Tennessee fans are going to be the easiest target in America."

Yep. He's just using us as leverage. What a disgusting human being. I can't believe people actually want a piece of **** like that.

Dennis Dodd on Twitter....

There should be a constitutional amendment against writing "Jon Gruden" and "Tennessee" in the same sentence.

I'll say this only. Dodd is an idot and doesn't know jack period

Gurden could put a stop to all this nonsense! Do you people won't this kind of person as your head coach?. I don't! Gurden loves the attention.

The amount of people who have been slobbering over Gruden and simultaneously crapping all over Mullen is in a word, embarrassing. Really how everyone has acted since we’ve fired Butch is embarrassing. How quickly everyone forgot the OG’s.

Reactions: 3 people
Gurden could put a stop to all this nonsense! Do you people won't this kind of person as your head coach?. I don't! Gurden loves the attention.

There is nowhere else that idolizes Gruden, a barely .500 coach, like Tennessee fans do. That's the reason he likes it. He's more of an entertainment personality now than a football coach. He probably see the Tennessee job as a lot of work, a big risk, and it probably wouldn't turn out well. That would expose him as not a good coach. He would rather let the fantasy of it all live on and adds some fuel to the fire from time to time. Leading fans to believe it might happen is not cool at all though.

There is nowhere else that idolizes Gruden, a barely .500 coach, like Tennessee fans do. That's the reason he likes it. He's more of an entertainment personality now than a football coach. He probably see the Tennessee job as a lot of work, a big risk, and it probably wouldn't turn out well. That would expose him as not a good coach. He would rather let the fantasy of it all live on and adds some fuel to the fire from time to time. Leading fans to believe it might happen is not cool at all though.

Wait till you see him riding a mechanical water buffalo...

That will alleviate all of your doubts... And vaccines.

Trust me, I'm not a doctor...

Sorry, wrong thread, this would make sense in the Gruden thread.

Seriously? Gruden loves the attention. He has an ego as big as the state of Tennessee. If he didn't he would have put all of the "Grumours" to rest earlier this week unless he is going to take the job. If not, His " never say never" and rocky top comments were just leading us on while he was leveraging for a better deal with ESPN or The Tampa Bay job. If that ends up being the case I don't think the name Gruden is going to resonate very well in these parts for a long time.
why would TB hire a coach they canned?

VN Store

Back