Trump may have met his match in Corker

Reactions: 2 people
I love politics. The only job in the world where you can scream, slap, fight like little girls, never get anything accomplished, be praised for the job you're doing by only 50% of your peers max while raking in a ton of cash and being set for the rest of your life financially.

I believe most Tennesseans have been made aware that Corker has done nothing but rake in the cash and were ready for a change. Dude is trying to go down with his political guns blazing.

Reactions: 1 person
Trump went after him this morning with a typically petty tweet. Corker quickly answered that it's a shame that the White House has become an adult day care center.

This guy is going to relentlessly expose Trump for the con man Trump is. I'm sure Trump will call for Congress to investigate Corker.

Corker is a worm… He Was going to get crushed in the primary and would not have even been at the candidate for reelection

Last edited:
If Marsha decided to challenge him in the primary Corker would be in serious trouble. Heck Diane Black would have given him a run.

You are right, no Dem would beat him in the general.

Corker and Alexander are perfect examples of weak minded Republicans

Let's say you guys are right and Corker would not have won reelection.

That does not mean that his observations about Trump's behavior are incorrect.

You know, they can only lose three votes to pass anything, including now tax reform. I think Trump really does believe that the way to maneuver among these politicians is to publicly insult them viciously. As though his approval or disapproval of them is so important that they will follow his lead rather than be on Trump's sh!t list.

I just think that is a big miscalculation by him. It blew up when it came to McCain. It has come close to blowing up with Rubio and Cruz. And now it will blow up with Corker.

You know, they can only lose three votes to pass anything, including now tax reform. I think Trump really does believe that the way to maneuver among these politicians is to publicly insult them viciously. As though his approval or disapproval of them is so important that they will follow his lead rather than be on Trump's sh!t list.

I just think that is a big miscalculation by him. It blew up when it came to McCain. It has come close to blowing up with Rubio and Cruz. And now it will blow up with Corker.

It blew up FOR Corker. It's the reason he's not going to run. Look at the favorability numbers for McConnell. Republican voters are getting sick of these losers. And in places like Tennessee the tide is turning on them.

If Trump somehow manages to get Corker, Alexander, Graham and McConnell to not run for reelection or somehow lose their primary, he's done an excellent job.

Trump is the biggest RINO in the land and you hug his nuts like they are mana from heaven. Isn't a bit disingenuous to use that as a pejorative against corker?

You bozos elected a clown and blame the crowd for calling it a circus.

How much you wanna bet that golf's lips are orange?

Reactions: 7 people
Nor does it mean that Trump's observations/comments about Corker are incorrect. I bet he begged Trump for his endorsement.

I honestly think Trump is telling the truth about it. Haslam was going to run in Corker’s spot and decided pretty quickly against it. I bet he was told the same thing.

And for the record, I have no doubt Trump lies about quite a bit.

Corker won 85.1% of the primary vote in 2012 and would have received close to the same thing again especially in a mid-term election when voter turnout is usually very low in Tennessee and generally favors the incumbent anyway. The Trump defenders here arguing otherwise can't even name an opponent who would have even run against him and don't say Blackburn - that's ridiculous. It makes no sense that Corker, who has been such an outspoken opponent against Trump would have 'begged' him for anything. Corker said in 2006 that he would probably only serve two terms.

...and once again, no incumbent Republican has lost a statewide re-election bid in Tennessee since 1976 and that was largely due to the lingering backlash over Watergate. FACT.

Like what has he lied about?

He lies all the time... Just for starters, how about the explanation he crafted aboard Air Force One about the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower being about Russian adoptions when in reality it had everything to do with obtaining dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Reactions: 3 people
Corker won 85.1% of the primary vote in 2012 and would have received close to the same thing again especially in a mid-term election when voter turnout is usually very low in Tennessee and generally favors the incumbent anyway. The Trump defenders here arguing otherwise can't even name an opponent who would have even run against him and don't say Blackburn - that's ridiculous. It makes no sense that Corker, who has been such an outspoken opponent against Trump would have 'begged' him for anything. Corker said in 2006 that he would probably only serve two terms.

...and once again, no incumbent Republican has lost a statewide re-election bid in Tennessee since 1976 and that was largely due to the lingering backlash over Watergate. FACT.

You keep repeating the same post over and over.

You keep repeating the same post over and over.

Because what I said is true and nobody can dispute it. You people are saying Corker would have lost the primary. Seriously? He got 85.1% of the primary last time! He won the primary much easier than he won the general election. That fact is being ignored (except by me).

VN Store

Back