Trump may have met his match in Corker

That is bull $hit! You do not have ANYTHING which supports that. Corker would not have even seen anything more than a token challenge just like in 2012. Incumbent Republican candidates do not lose statewide elections in the state of Tennessee. Corker won 85.1% of the primary vote in 2012. FACT.

Yikes, you're a little testy today. did you forget to take your meds this morning.

Poll: Senator Bob Corker May Be In Trouble With Tennessee Republican Primary Voters – Tennessee Star

When asked “As of now, do you think Bob Corker deserves re-election or is it time to give someone else a chance? ” only 41.1 percent of likely Republican primary voters in Tennessee said he “deserves re-election.”

An equal number, 41.6 percent, said “give someone else a chance.”

There were not a great number who were undecided on this question–only 17.3 percent said “don’t know/not sure.”

“An incumbent who falls below a 50 percent re-elect number should be wary, particularly when they have seen so much anti-incumbent turmoil in the electorate in recent years,” media consultant and political strategist Steve Gill tells The Tennessee Star.

“But when that number slips to 41 percent, as we see with Senator Corker’s numbers, it should sound alarm bells,” Gill adds.

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone knows Trump isn't a "bonafide" conservative. Corker is a phony just like most of the Republicans in Congress

I'll bet you think corkers repudiation is evidence of trumps swamp draining; in reality trumps the biggest shyster on the car lot. You know it must be bad when the other con artists are calling him out.

It's truly breathtaking to watch you guys carry the water for a guy who continues to piss off the very people he needs to succeed.

This whole "presidency" has been a comedy show.

Reactions: 6 people
Yikes, you're a little testy today. did you forget to take your meds this morning.

Poll: Senator Bob Corker May Be In Trouble With Tennessee Republican Primary Voters – Tennessee Star

When asked “As of now, do you think Bob Corker deserves re-election or is it time to give someone else a chance? ” only 41.1 percent of likely Republican primary voters in Tennessee said he “deserves re-election.”

That may be the most biased survey question I have seen in my lifetime. The survey and it's results are crap. You guys are absolutely clueless when it comes to legitimate and believable data.

The Tennessee Star???????? Give me a break.

Edit: The first quote is directly from the article in the "Tennessee Star."

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
That is bull $hit! You do not have ANYTHING which supports that. Corker would not have even seen anything more than a token challenge just like in 2012. Incumbent Republican candidates do not lose statewide elections in the state of Tennessee. Corker won 85.1% of the primary vote in 2012. FACT.

He would have potentially had a tough primary depending on who challenged him. If he got through that he would have cruised in the general.

Interesting though, Oct 2016 Dems “Corker is a right wing ideolog and is dangerous” Oct 2017 speaks out against Trump “great guy”.

Reactions: 1 person
He would have potentially had a tough primary depending on who challenged him. If he got through that he would have cruised in the general.

Interesting though, Oct 2016 Dems “Corker is a right wing ideolog and is dangerous” Oct 2017 speaks out against Trump “great guy”.

My thoughts as well.

Ha, dems are now even aligning w idiot neo-cons like Max Boot, because they all share the same trump Derangement

That may be the most biased survey question I have seen in my lifetime. The survey and it's results are crap. You guys are absolutely clueless when it comes to legitimate and believable data.

The Tennessee Star???????? Give me a break.

Edit: The first quote is directly from the article in the "Tennessee Star."

Reeeeeeeee

Ha, dems are now even aligning w idiot neo-cons like Max Boot, because they all share the same trump Derangement

If you have two enemies that are also at odds with each other, the lesser of your two enemies sort of becomes your ally. You know the drill.

Again, the Corker issue is NOT about partisan politics.

It's about someone in the same party as POTUS confirming what we all have suspected, which is that Trump is totally unqualified for this job.

It's about someone in the same party as POTUS confirming what we all have suspected, which is that Trump is totally unqualified for this job.

I always thought Corker wasn’t qualified for the job, that’s why I never voted for him.

Oh and yes it is, you wouldn’t have pointed it out if it wasn’t.

Oh please. People say this every time someone talks back to him. First it was Cruz and Rubio, then it was Hillary, then it was Elizabeth Warren, then it was Kim Jong Un of all people, now it's Corker. And that's not counting all the others he's had a war of words with. This isn't going to change anything and you're fooling yourself if you believe otherwise. This is what Trump does.

Reactions: 2 people

Corker is mad that his "deal" was as piece of ****, and Trump wants to dismantle it. He's done his share of bashing. Trump bashed back and you pee your panties

So now he’s the darling of the left. Who cares? 12 months and he’s irrelevant.

This isn't about Corker. It's about the childish antics of our narcissistic President who can't handle criticism and will tell lies in order to disparage those who have been critical of him. Trump projects his own behavior onto others. He is trying to ascribe a self-centered, ulterior motive to Corker's criticism because Trump himself only criticizes those who have either been critical of him first or in some way rejected him or his policies. In regard to this mornings twitter storm it is simply not believable that Corker "begged" Trump for an endorsement. You can speculate all you want but what I have already posted here is a fact. Corker garnered 85.1% of the Republican primary vote in 2012 and there is no clear challenger to his seat from either side of aisle. No incumbent Republican has lost a statewide election in Tennessee since 1976 - and even that was in the aftermath of Watergate. That is also a fact.

This isn't about Corker. It's about the childish antics of our narcissistic President who can't handle criticism and will tell lies in order to disparage those who have been critical of him. Trump projects his own behavior onto others. He is trying to ascribe a self-centered, ulterior motive to Corker's criticism because Trump himself only criticizes those who have either been critical of him first or in some way rejected him or his policies. In regard to this mornings twitter storm it is simply not believable that Corker "begged" Trump for an endorsement. You can speculate all you want but what I have already posted here is a fact. Corker garnered 85.1% of the Republican primary vote in 2012 and there is no clear challenger to his seat from either side of aisle. No incumbent Republican has lost a statewide election in Tennessee since 1976 - and even that was in the aftermath of Watergate. That is also a fact.

If Marsha decided to challenge him in the primary Corker would be in serious trouble. Heck Diane Black would have given him a run.

You are right, no Dem would beat him in the general.

If Marsha decided to challenge him in the primary Corker would be in serious trouble. Heck Diane Black would have given him a run.

You are right, no Dem would beat him in the general.

I do not agree that Blackburn would have presented him a challenge (or for that matter even run against him in the first place). I do not believe that she will win his seat even without him running.(assuming she does run) I don't know who Diane Black is... but I am skeptical.

All of that, however, is still beside the main point - which is that Trump is petty and immature and can't handle criticism. It is not believable that Corker 'begged' him for an endorsement.

I live in bob the builders home town.
He got rich skimming off construction projects here in nooga. He and Trump should be besties

Reactions: 5 people
Just the fact that Corker, now free of the shackles of reelection, is saying the things that every other Senator, both democrat and republican, is thinking. It's refreshing.

Trump's tweet also explains why Corker decided to abruptly and suddenly choose not to go for re-election. Haven't really agreed with much of anything that Trump has done recently, but he was correct in cracking back on Corker in this instance.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back