Trump may have met his match in Corker

I'd call Bone Spur Donny more like a symptom of the problem, but basically agree with you.

And I'd add that the frustration with Congress is not limited to Republicans. From the Dem side, what hurts is that the gerrymandering by the GOP-controlled state legislatures has relegated the demographics of Congressional districts to concentrate in such a way that we end up with extremes there, too.

That is, when you craft the districts so as to shove all the most right of the right into one district, and the most left of the left into the district next door, you end up with people that cannot work within their own parties, much less with one another.

Gerrymandering is truly the source of so many of our problems. I think most people agree with that, but once you set out to curtail it, each side see its interests threatened and nothing gets done to make it a more sensible approach.

I assume you know the democrats started gerrymandering and the GOP learned from them and then did it better. I don't agree with it, but do understand its history. Something that is apparently lost on you.

VN Store

Back