Trey Smith comforts kids after KC parade shooting

That's what those azz hats in Congress say every time this stuff happens instead of taking active measures to at least lessen if not stop it. They can take their thoughts and prayers, roll it into a tube, shove it up the mid-southern area of their rear anatomy, and Cartman it. It's all that comes out of their mouths anyway. I'm just sick of these events.
The bold is the scariest thing that can happen.

I think you can be a believer in the second amendment and at the same time try to do something to make the situation better. There are no easy paths here, but it burns me up to see congress and the senate send thoughts and prayers.

Here is an idea, maybe pass something to help with mental health and at same time do background checks and wait periods or something. See what works and what doesn’t and adjust. Don’t just pretend you as a state senator or congress person or as a US senator that you have no power. You were elected to represent your state or district. See what they want to do…not what the 20% wants, but what the 80% wants.

I think you can be a believer in the second amendment and at the same time try to do something to make the situation better. There are no easy paths here, but it burns me up to see congress and the senate send thoughts and prayers.

Here is an idea, maybe pass something to help with mental health and at same time do background checks and wait periods or something. See what works and what doesn’t and adjust. Don’t just pretend you as a state senator or congress person or as a US senator that you have no power. You were elected to represent your state or district. See what they want to do…not what the 20% wants, but what the 80% wants.
If you're a believer in the 2nd Amendment, then you also believe in the last part that says "shall not be infringed".

It's not just about what the 80% want. We have electoral colleges for a reason. It's about following the constitution and building upon that. Some see the tragedy that happened and say that's why nobody should have guns. The people involved probably weren't abiding by the current gun laws in place so I doubt a bunch of new subjective laws are going to do any harm to anyone except the average law-abiding gun owner. Background checks are understandable. Red flag laws are left to be interpreted however they see fit.

Some see the tragedy that happened and say that's why nobody should have guns. Others see it and say that's exactly why I'll never put my safety and my family's safety solely in the hands of someone else.

I'm sorry if that seems insensitive because it's a terrible situation but some gang members having a shoot out is not a solid argument on why the average American should give up their freedoms. Their local government should've been doing everything it could to eliminate gang activity. Instead they want to catch someone going a little over the speed limit to give them a ticket.

If you're a believer in the 2nd Amendment, then you also believe in the last part that says "shall not be infringed".

It's not just about what the 80% want. We have electoral colleges for a reason. It's about following the constitution and building upon that. Some see the tragedy that happened and say that's why nobody should have guns. The people involved probably weren't abiding by the current gun laws in place so I doubt a bunch of new subjective laws are going to do any harm to anyone except the average law-abiding gun owner. Background checks are understandable. Red flag laws are left to be interpreted however they see fit.

Some see the tragedy that happened and say that's why nobody should have guns. Others see it and say that's exactly why I'll never put my safety and my family's safety solely in the hands of someone else.

I'm sorry if that seems insensitive because it's a terrible situation but some gang members having a shoot out is not a solid argument on why the average American should give up their freedoms. Their local government should've been doing everything it could to eliminate gang activity. Instead they want to catch someone going a little over the speed limit to give them a ticket.

Well its much easier to write those tickets, and we all know Uncle Sam can never have enough revenue to blow on crap that the voters never asked for, wanted to happen, nor approve of....

Gotta send those billions overseas every month while this country, our infrastructure, and its citizens absolutely fall apart and die in the streets man. Gotta make sure EVERY politician at every level of government is a multimillionaire despite the fact that even the President only makes a couple hundred thousand dollars a year. Right?

The bold is the scariest thing that can happen.
Given the idiots we've elected, I'm forced to share your fear. Meanwhile, we’ll need more Treys for the sake of the kids forced to live in these current times. Poor kids.

Thoughts and prayers are simply a condolence. A nice gesture typically for someone that just lost a loved one or friend. Blaming guns is always the easy answer but many fail to realize just how widespread evil mindsets have become poisoning American Society. You want change? It starts with hearts and minds.
here is the flaw in that. If you have evil people they need access to weapons to murder, if they had a reduced inventory to choose from, don’t you think that would curve the issue? It’s like if you go to the store hungry and fat and walk down the junk food aisle. You’ll buy it because it is there. If it was only healthy food you wouldn’t be fat. It’s easy to say it’s not the guns, it’s the people. It is the people, but you are okay with just giving them free rein because it’s written in a hundreds year old document. You are choosing easy over right, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you for that.

our govt could clean this up in a year or less if they wanted to. Instead they open the border allowing more gangs drugs and free loaders into the country.expect it to get much worse before change is made.

here is the flaw in that. If you have evil people they need access to weapons to murder, if they had a reduced inventory to choose from, don’t you think that would curve the issue? It’s like if you go to the store hungry and fat and walk down the junk food aisle. You’ll buy it because it is there. If it was only healthy food you wouldn’t be fat. It’s easy to say it’s not the guns, it’s the people. It is the people, but you are okay with just giving them free rein because it’s written in a hundreds year old document. You are choosing easy over right, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you for that.
They broke they law. Good luck preventing that even though laws already exist. Have a groovy day.

I'm curious, was the shooter legally able to purchase a gun? I mean you sound like, in a way, that buying a gun is like buying a Snickers bar, I assure you it's not. IDK, but I'm going to take a wild guess, and say he legally shouldn't be carrying a firearm. There's literally tons of laws preventing people like that from buying a firearm, yet there are tons of shootings committed by people like this. So, if there's already literally federal laws preventing them from even carrying a weapon, let alone buying one, and he gets one anyway, how does limiting the numbers change anything? You think a criminal who is brnt on killing someone, is going to change his mind because a law abiding citizen doesn't have access to as many guns?

for f@#$s sake ...its another shooting its another election and possibly another mask....happy voting...!

Smith gave one kid a WWE wrestling belt and chatted with him about that sport per an article in the News Sentinel on the parade.

I'm curious, was the shooter legally able to purchase a gun? I mean you sound like, in a way, that buying a gun is like buying a Snickers bar, I assure you it's not. IDK, but I'm going to take a wild guess, and say he legally shouldn't be carrying a firearm. There's literally tons of laws preventing people like that from buying a firearm, yet there are tons of shootings committed by people like this. So, if there's already literally federal laws preventing them from even carrying a weapon, let alone buying one, and he gets one anyway, how does limiting the numbers change anything? You think a criminal who is brnt on killing someone, is going to change his mind because a law abiding citizen doesn't have access to as many guns?
Doesn't matter if the shooter had possession legally or not. Lax enforcement, shady dealers, 3D printers, black market sales, and dumb parents, all guarantee that if you want a gun, you can get one.

The Matisoids, an alien species from the planet Gliese 667Cc, 22 light-years distant, have changed their invasion plans. After reports from their scouts, they decided to wait to take over Earth without having casualties. Their intelligence network assures them we will either wipe ourselves out completely, reduce our population to an easily managed36,000 leftovers. As an honor member of their council, I voted in agreement with the plan.

Thoughts and prayers
It’s always easy for the sarcastic simpleton to scream thoughts and prayers sarcastically. It’s estimated conservatively that US has 5 million firearms in circulation. In the 90s the estimation was about 3 million. PEOPLE have gotten worse. Not firearms. We have a culture problem. It’s always easy for people to ignore that some of our toughest cities on gun laws have some of the worst gun violence. If it weren’t guns it would be driving vehicles into crowds, bombs, etc. As an avid gun collector, guns haven’t changed much in 30 years, but people sure have.

It always comes back to the home. I gave a presentation a few years ago. This will be called racist but it’s really just facts. The least family oriented, fatherless homes by far make the least money and commit the most crime in society (AA community). The most family oriented, fathered homes in society make the highest wages and create the least crime (Asian community). I’d be willing to bet those juveniles involved, regardless of color, came from bad homes with past issues.

We as a society have lots of work to do. It starts at home. Not at the gun store.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Doesn't matter if the shooter had possession legally or not. Lax enforcement, shady dealers, 3D printers, black market sales, and dumb parents, all guarantee that if you want a gun, you can get one.

The Matisoids, an alien species from the planet Gliese 667Cc, 22 light-years distant, have changed their invasion plans. After reports from their scouts, they decided to wait to take over Earth without having casualties. Their intelligence network assures them we will either wipe ourselves out completely, reduce our population to an easily managed36,000 leftovers. As an honor member of their council, I voted in agreement with the plan.
Yeah, it's not like people who are bent on killing can't do it. It's not like they use knives, bats, cars, etc. you know, things that yearly people use more than guns to commit murder 🙄

Yeah, it's not like people who are bent on killing can't do it. It's not like they use knives, bats, cars, etc. you know, things that yearly people use more than guns to commit murder 🙄
That might be true and all, but it doesn't change the fact that the number 1 killer of CHILDREN in the US is firearm fatalities. Not cancer or car wrecks or stabbings. Firearms.

That might be true and all, but it doesn't change the fact that the number 1 killer of CHILDREN in the US is firearm fatalities. Not cancer or car wrecks or stabbings. Firearms.
5 + million guns on the street already. Criminals don’t follow firearms laws. It’s really that simple. You have to fight evil with equal firepower. That’s where we are like it or not. Our kids should get the same private security detail at public schools that our lawmakers get at the capital and federal buildings. We can send billions to other countries every month but we can’t pay a few contract security personnel 100K a year to protect our kids? It’s baffling really.

I'll agree it's a problem, I only differ on the solution. I don't think restricting innocent people solves anything. If anything, our country has gotten so soft on these crimes. Watch, the guilty people in this story will either live out their life for years in prison, or be out on parole in x amount of years. If you murder someone, and there's no doubt that you're guilty, they should be given the death penalty, and it carried out within a year. People know they're getting nothing but basically a slap on the wrist, even for murder nowadays. Heck, you can walk out of jail the same day you kill someone in California now, or even rape. Just the other day a group of immigrants beat two cops in New York, judge scolded them, and put them back on the street. A couple days later, they nearly beat to death someone else. I'd bet money they'll be freed again. Yes, guns are a problem in the wrong hand, but it's the system, and many people, wanting to restrict us, and never says a word about the actual people doing the crime. Dude that shot up the church in South Carolina, why's he still alive? Should've been executed by now, but our system will take care of him for life, then want to say me owning guns is the problem.

Reactions: montanatenn
5 + million guns on the street already. Criminals don’t follow firearms laws. It’s really that simple. You have to fight evil with equal firepower. That’s where we are like it or not. Our kids should get the same private security detail at public schools that our lawmakers get at the capital and federal buildings. We can send billions to other countries every month but we can’t pay a few contract security personnel 100K a year to protect our kids? It’s baffling really.
There were literally hundreds of officers working the KC parade, 20+ people, children included, still shot. And of course it was bystanders who took down a shooter while the cops were twiddling their thumbs. More guns is not the solution.

VN Store

Back