Trey Smith comforts kids after KC parade shooting

There were literally hundreds of officers working the KC parade, 20+ people, children included, still shot. And of course it was bystanders who took down a shooter while the cops were twiddling their thumbs. More guns is not the solution.
I don’t think anyone ever said it was. So tell me what the answer is? The criminals obviously don’t follow gun laws either so that does zero. And I highly doubt cops were twiddling thumbs. The alleged were arrested. They obviously can’t tell the future crime about to happen. I bet you’d call the useless cops in a heartbeat if you needed them. Part of the answer is making people actually pay for crimes. 1 of the gang members will take the blame for the tragic death and the others involved will be out in a few years. Tell me how that makes sense. Many gangs now are also comprised of illegals but I bet we don’t want to talk about that.

There are many things we could/should do. As an avid gun owner and collector I have no issue with common sense laws. But they accomplish 0. Criminals don’t follow laws. That always seems to be forgotten in these conversations. Ask Chicago, NY, And California how those “tough” gun laws are fairing.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I don’t think anyone ever said it was. So tell me what the answer is? The criminals obviously don’t follow gun laws either so that does zero. And I highly doubt cops were twiddling thumbs. The alleged were arrested. They obviously can’t tell the future crime about to happen. I bet you’d call the useless cops in a heartbeat if you needed them. Part of the answer is making people actually pay for crimes. 1 of the gang members will take the blame for the tragic death and the others involved will be out in a few years. Tell me how that makes sense. Many gangs now are also comprised of illegals but I bet we don’t want to talk about that.

There are many things we could/should do. As an avid gun owner and collector I have no issue with common sense laws. But they accomplish 0. Criminals don’t follow laws. That always seems to be forgotten in these conversations. Ask Chicago, NY, And California how those “tough” gun laws are fairing.
The thing that gets me in these discussions is the argument from most people. The majority, it's mostly political talking points, as in what their party says, and both sides. There are people passionate about the deaths, I'm not saying that there's not. However, when people jump into a story like this with automatic gun restriction talk, and throw in deaths occasionally, it's a dead give away that they're talking from party standpoint. What they've heard on the news, or read ou online. The biggest thing, you don't hear, or see them ever condemning the actual person responsible for the shooting. All they want to talk about is the gun, gun laws, and gun owners, never mentioning the actual shooter. That's a dead giveaway that their passion isn't the victims, but rather the politics. I'm like you, and I'm independent, I have zero problem with common sense gun laws, background checks, etc. I've had a few on the conservative side on here get upset about that. Likewise, I've had a few on the liberal side get upset when I ask them why they won't talk about the shooter, and have no argument except restrictions on legal gun owners. I guarantee there's people screaming about guns right now, that wouldn't say a word if the ones guilty were back on the street next week. On the flip side, you have people that'll hate you and start screaming constitution, if you think a person should be mentally fit, or checked for criminal history to purchase a gun. We can't have common sense discussion about it, because the majority of people can only repat whatever their political news station, or websites say. Jmo

Yeah, it's not like people who are bent on killing can't do it. It's not like they use knives, bats, cars, etc. you know, things that yearly people use more than guns to commit murder 🙄
One can rationalize anything, even rationalize, rationalizing. Cool, huh?

IDK about "anything", cause I can never rationalize why people have a problem with the object used, instead of the person using the object 🙄
Brave of you to confess your ignorance. JFYI, you don't have to know anything to either be ignorant or rationalize anything.
I just love helping out my fellow Vols fans. Oops, I did it again. :cool:

Seems to me this isn't a gun crisis: it is a mental health crisis.

There's something in our collective development, something built into how our society works today, that makes an unacceptable number of us pick up a weapon and attempt to kill other people, as if that's a feasible solution to some problem we face. This element of our culture is not new, but the frequency at which it happens is.

That's a mental health issue.

Some folks want to "Disney Land" the problem, make sidewalks out of bouncy material instead of asphalt, put rails and walls up around anything that might be dangerous, and keep people in a safe environment. In other words, take away the guns, and eventually the knives and box cutters.

That's one solution. But it doesn't cure the people with the mental illnesses that cause them to feel the urge in the first place.

Seems the important first step--missing right now--is, we need the psychologists and psychiatrists of the United States to seriously look into this, figure out why it's happening, and come up with solutions in how we raise children and treat adults. But--this isn't going to surprise anyone, I don't think--most of the psychologists and psychiatrists in the US trend left, which means they're all caught up with the rest of the left in blaming the guns.

Can't cure the golfer of his persistent slice if you keep joining him in blaming his clubs.

Will we solve this mental health crisis one day, rather than just arguing back and forth about the second amendment? I don't know. It comes down to whether the mental health professionals will collectively get serious about it.

God bless and protect the first responders, and Trey for helping a boy in need.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
You are choosing easy over right, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you for that.
What are you doing besides crying about thoughts and prayers on an anonymous message board?

That was my initial point. You don't think the kind gesture of thoughts and prayers does anything, please tell me what you're doing besides complaining.

Brave of you to confess your ignorance. JFYI, you don't have to know anything to either be ignorant or rationalize anything.
I just love helping out my fellow Vols fans. Oops, I did it again. :cool:
Just as I love showing people's true intentions. For example, when they don't really care about the victims, or the people responsible, but use such stories to try to justify gun grabbing.

That might be true and all, but it doesn't change the fact that the number 1 killer of CHILDREN in the US is firearm fatalities. Not cancer or car wrecks or stabbings. Firearms.
The children are often teenagers killed by other teenagers in urban areas. Their lives are just as valuable as anyone else's, but let's not pretend the government doesn't try to mislead us about the "children" that are actually dying. The only things that will improve the situation are turning to God and getting fathers to be present in their son's lives.

Last edited:
Just as I love showing people's true intentions. For example, when they don't really care about the victims, or the people responsible, but use such stories to try to justify gun grabbing.
I see. You want the killings to continue unabated. Don't worry, that's exactly what will happen. You can bet your bank account and house on it, and win. So you get your heart's desire.

I see. You want the killings to continue unabated. Don't worry, that's exactly what will happen. You can bet your bank account and house on it, and win. So you get your heart's desire.
I see reading comprehension isn't your strength. Quote me saying that, matter of fact, I literally said the opposite. I said you can't even have debates about it, because the majority of people can't express a true feeling, just repeating whatever news they listen to tell them. I'm more than willing to listen to you explain how we stop people from hurting others, but I guarantee you have no answer that doesn't involve punishing me, while you never mention the guilty party. People like you, it's all you have, restrictions on me, and you never say a single word about these people doing this stuff getting back on the streets within a few years, in some states the very day they do it now. Don't try to act like you're more just wanting action, when you can't even condemn the person guilty, and jump straight into taking rights from law abiding citizens. So tell me, how do we stop these idiots committing these crimes? I'll help you start, if they're guilty without doubt, like this case, execute them immediately. Maybe the next guy will think twice, instead of knowing at worst he'll be fed, housed, educated, and have free healthcare if he murders someone.

I see reading comprehension isn't your strength. Quote me saying that, matter of fact, I literally said the opposite. I said you can't even have debates about it, because the majority of people can't express a true feeling, just repeating whatever news they listen to tell them. I'm more than willing to listen to you explain how we stop people from hurting others, but I guarantee you have no answer that doesn't involve punishing me, while you never mention the guilty party. People like you, it's all you have, restrictions on me, and you never say a single word about these people doing this stuff getting back on the streets within a few years, in some states the very day they do it now. Don't try to act like you're more just wanting action, when you can't even condemn the person guilty, and jump straight into taking rights from law abiding citizens. So tell me, how do we stop these idiots committing these crimes? I'll help you start, if they're guilty without doubt, like this case, execute them immediately. Maybe the next guy will think twice, instead of knowing at worst he'll be fed, housed, educated, and have free healthcare if he murders someone.
False. You hurled an accusation. Veiled though it was, that I was about gun grabbing. Here's your replying post.
joevol33 said:
Just as I love showing people's true intentions. For example, when they don't really care about the victims, or the people responsible, but use such stories to try to justify gun grabbing
. Post Today at 11:37 AM #59

However, the funny thing is, WHEN, WHEN, you and any like you proffer a solution, whether I agree with it or not, I have instant respect. Too often gun rights people (I'm a gun owner BTW) wolf howl about you wanna grab my gun! While offering no ideas for solutions to the killing. I disdain the creeps. In #62, you clarify and propose a solution, which I agree with. I always thought the Mormon's capital punishment via shooting squad was a proper idea. I've told righters (I'm a middler) before that a good number of us on the other side have more in common with you folks than you realize if you'd just listen instead of sloganize. So what you said now, I agree, as long as you keep egomaniac vigilantes out of it. They are a cure worse than the disease. I ought to know, I've encountered than while simply opening the door of my own car.

Shall we?
1708289667297.png

False. You hurled an accusation. Veiled though it was, that I was about gun grabbing. Here's your replying post.
joevol33 said:
Just as I love showing people's true intentions. For example, when they don't really care about the victims, or the people responsible, but use such stories to try to justify gun grabbing
. Post Today at 11:37 AM #59

However, the funny thing is, WHEN, WHEN, you and any like you proffer a solution, whether I agree with it or not, I have instant respect. Too often gun rights people (I'm a gun owner BTW) wolf howl about you wanna grab my gun! While offering no ideas for solutions to the killing. I disdain the creeps. In #62, you clarify and propose a solution, which I agree with. I always thought the Mormon's capital punishment via shooting squad was a proper idea. I've told righters (I'm a middler) before that a good number of us on the other side have more in common with you folks than you realize if you'd just listen instead of sloganize. So what you said now, I agree, as long as you keep egomaniac vigilantes out of it. They are a cure worse than the disease. I ought to know, I've encountered than while simply opening the door of my own car.

Shall we?
View attachment 620928
Like I said, I'm all for certain things pertaining to owning a gun. I'm in the middle of the political line as well, I have a sister who got shot 3 times a few years ago. The guy should've never had a gun, but he did, and laws didn't prevent that. Here's my argument for less guns: until one single person, including our politicians, suggest going into the streets and disarming gangs and criminals first (cause law enforcement usually knows who has them), their cries for taking my rights are hypocritical. Nobody, not once in my life, have I ever heard anyone but me say anything about taking guns from criminals. It's always, every single time, restrictions on law abiding citizens. That's what burns me up, nobody wants to hold the ones guilty responsible, it's always an attack on people who did nothing, and an object. I do apologize to everyone, we have a political forum for this stuff, I shouldn't have even responded in here.

here is the flaw in that. If you have evil people they need access to weapons to murder, if they had a reduced inventory to choose from, don’t you think that would curve the issue? It’s like if you go to the store hungry and fat and walk down the junk food aisle. You’ll buy it because it is there. If it was only healthy food you wouldn’t be fat. It’s easy to say it’s not the guns, it’s the people. It is the people, but you are okay with just giving them free rein because it’s written in a hundreds year old document. You are choosing easy over right, and my thoughts and prayers go out to you for that.
Here’s the flaw in that, assault weapons ban not reupped because it did no good. Proving it is the person. Thoughts and prayers…

What are you doing besides crying about thoughts and prayers on an anonymous message board?

That was my initial point. You don't think the kind gesture of thoughts and prayers does anything, please tell me what you're doing besides complaining.
Here is the thing, people that support this continuation of murder, which now bleeds into sports, can’t fathom that they are in fact part of the problem.

Not crying, just stating fact. If there is a differing opinion, people like you, always revert back to this same “crying” narrative. It’s no better than a 3rd grader so do better.

Here is the thing, people that support this continuation of murder, which now bleeds into sports, can’t fathom that they are in fact part of the problem.

Not crying, just stating fact. If there is a differing opinion, people like you, always revert back to this same “crying” narrative. It’s no better than a 3rd grader so do better.
It is what it is.

Here’s the flaw in that, assault weapons ban not reupped because it did no good.
Simply not true

Before the 1994 ban:​

From 1981 – the earliest year in our analysis – to the rollout of the assault weapons ban in 1994, the proportion of deaths in mass shootings in which an assault rifle was used was lower than it is today.

Yet in this earlier period, mass shooting deaths were steadily rising. Indeed, high-profile mass shootings involving assault rifles – such as the killing of five children in Stockton, California, in 1989 and a 1993 San Francisco office attack that left eight victims dead – provided the impetus behind a push for a prohibition on some types of gun.

During the 1994-2004 ban:​

In the years after the assault weapons ban went into effect, the number of deaths from mass shootings fell, and the increase in the annual number of incidents slowed down. Even including 1999’s Columbine High School massacre – the deadliest mass shooting during the period of the ban – the 1994 to 2004 period saw lower average annual rates of both mass shootings and deaths resulting from such incidents than before the ban’s inception.

From 2004 onward:​

The data shows an almost immediate – and steep – rise in mass shooting deaths in the years after the assault weapons ban expired in 2004.

Breaking the data into absolute numbers, between 2004 and 2017 – the last year of our analysis – the average number of yearly deaths attributed to mass shootings was 25, compared with 5.3 during the 10-year tenure of the ban and 7.2 in the years leading up to the prohibition on assault weapons.

Saving hundreds of lives​

We calculated that the risk of a person in the U.S. dying in a mass shooting was 70% lower during the period in which the assault weapons ban was active. The proportion of overall gun homicides resulting from mass shootings was also down, with nine fewer mass-shooting-related fatalities per 10,000 shooting deaths.

Your link is busted just like Fox News…sorry

VN Store

Back