Top coaches under 50

In any given football game, there are about 14 gazillion variables at play, any combination of which can lead to a completely different outcome from any other combination. Take "is he distracted" x 50+ contributing players, and multiply that by "is he well rested" x 50+, and multiply that by "is this coach focused" x 12, and multiply that by a half dozen different weather factors (wind, temperature, precipitation, etc.), and multiply that by injuries, and multiply that by some luck in how balls bounce when kicked or fumbled, and multiply that by the level of alertness of 8 referees, and multiply that by ...

...well, you get my meaning. Only thing you can ever say with certainty in a football season is whether Team X beat Team Y on a particular date. Everything else...everything else...is conjecture.

Love it. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Zero doubt in my mind that Bielema deserves to be a good bit ahead of Butch at this point. Look at what he did at Wisconsin, and he has Arkansas ahead of Tennessee after 2 years in their rebuild. I was skeptical at first of Bielema as well, but he deserves the ranking at this point imo.

And Bielema doesn't have a 3 touchdown loss to Derek Dooley on his resume.

VN Store

Back