Top coaches under 50

I honestly don't think Ark played the same Ole Miss team UT played...it showed.

As far as the Mizzou game...well, UT managed to score above (slightly) the reg season average the Mizzou D allowed. Ark, not so much.

While I agree the OL was subpar, Lack of D was just as much a contributor to the Mizzou loss as anything. Losing our catalyst on D had more of an impact than many want to admit.
They played them a month later. EXACT same team, maybe a couple of injuries. I want Jones to succeed and become better than CBB, but CBB has three BCS appearances. How many does Jones have?

Reactions: 1 person
They played them a month later. EXACT same team, maybe a couple of injuries. I want Jones to succeed and become better than CBB, but CBB has three BCS appearances. How many does Jones have?

:lolabove:

Their best receiver was out...so ain't no maybe bub.

Maybe is perfectly accurate word to describe Treadwell being out. I mean, I wasn't 100% sure either way, so what word would you prefer I use?

I mean even a casual football fan should've known his leg was broken against Auburn. If you were not sure about injuries, why say emphatically that they were the EXACT same team. That is like saying that we were the exact same team without Hurd or Dobbs. When Hurd was out, it changed the dynamic of those games, FL and Vandy.

With Ole Miss missing Treadwell, it did nothing but change their offense. Although he missed 4 games, he led the teams in receptions (48) and was third in yardage.

Did you watch any games last year? If Arkansas would've played Ole Miss when we played them, they would've loss as well. We more than likely would've beaten an injured Ole Miss team.

Both teams loss to Bama...the score does not indicate that BB has Arkansas ahead of TN at this point. It does indicate that Arkansas has better line play than TN did.

Your logic is flawed because you point out two games. What about the UGA game where UGA ran circles around Arkansas?

1. I watch a lot of games. I watched Ole Miss dominate Tennessee and I watched Arkansas dominate OleMiss 30-0. I watched Tennessee fall behind Alabama 27-0, and I watched Alabama barely escape Arkansas 14-13

2. You have no idea what would've happened if Arkansas had played OleMiss earlier in the year. If we had played Ole Miss remotely close or if Ole Miss had played Arkansas remotely close then you might, just have a point. But the difference is a 61 point swing. You got no leg to stand on here. You can speculate all you want, but Ole Miss' only significant injury was Treadwell who contribute very little to Ole Miss' drubbing of Tennessee. Doubt his presence would've meant 62 points difference and a win vs Arkansas.

3. The Alabama games for each team shows how each played vs a common opponent who happened to be one of the best 4 teams in the country. Tennessee got down 27-0 and was very fortunate the score wasn't 41-20 rather than 34-20. Arkansas on the other hand punched Bama in the face for 4 quarters and lost by a single point.

4. My logic is flawed?? Oh the irony...on one hand you call me out for referencing two games.....while then trying to make your point by citing only one. Lol. But, I watched the Georgia/Arky game too. Tale of 2 halves....Georgia jumped out to a big halftime lead that Arkansas couldn't overcome despite netting more first downs, total yards and dominating the second half....something like 320 total yards for Arky to 135 for Georgia. 2 Arkansas turnovers which led directly to 2 Georgia tds was the difference in the game.

Finally, you didn't address the facts that Arkansas played in a much more difficult SEC West and ranked higher in the SEC in both total offense and total defense. Wonder why you breezed right on past those 2 stats to the one game you felt bolstered your argument the best.

Last edited:
I mean even a casual football fan should've known his leg was broken against Auburn. If you were not sure about injuries, why say emphatically that they were the EXACT same team. That is like saying that we were the exact same team without Hurd or Dobbs. When Hurd was out, it changed the dynamic of those games, FL and Vandy.

With Ole Miss missing Treadwell, it did nothing but change their offense. Although he missed 4 games, he led the teams in receptions (48) and was third in yardage.
By me saying exact, I meant that both teams played OM a month apart, not a couple of years. I don't care how you cut it, Arkansas winning 30-0 had little to do with Treadwell being out. Sure they could have scored a couple of Touchdowns, but win the game..I don't think so.

And I'm certainly a fan of the game, but don't remember other teams injuries that well. I think a casual fan would be able to admit Bielema has accomplished more at this point, or at least an honest one.

I mean even a casual football fan should've known his leg was broken against Auburn.

Titan, man, I think you have a serious disconnect from what casual football fans will know about some dude being injured on another team, especially if you're talking about him being injured while playing some OTHER team.

I just don't want to fail a pop quiz, so I'm putting this out there up front: I will not know who was injured on A&M's team the week they play Mississippi State.

Titan, man, I think you have a serious disconnect from what casual football fans will know about some dude being injured on another team, especially if you're talking about him being injured while playing some OTHER team.

I just don't want to fail a pop quiz, so I'm putting this out there up front: I will not know who was injured on A&M's team the week they play Mississippi State.

Not a fan.

Didn't mean a casual fan would know the injury report, but a casual fan would know Treadwell was injured because of how gruesome it looked. Hell it was the last play of the game. For example, I'm a casual wrestling fan. I knew when Sid vicious snapped his leg, and when Owen Hart died.

By me saying exact, I meant that both teams played OM a month apart, not a couple of years. I don't care how you cut it, Arkansas winning 30-0 had little to do with Treadwell being out. Sure they could have scored a couple of Touchdowns, but win the game..I don't think so.

And I'm certainly a fan of the game, but don't remember other teams injuries that well. I think a casual fan would be able to admit Bielema has accomplished more at this point, or at least an honest one.

What has he accomplished? He beat a broken down Ole Miss team? As I stated his overall record at Arkansas is worse than CBJ. And missing your best player is not the EXACT same team.

Didn't mean a casual fan would know the injury report, but a casual fan would know Treadwell was injured because of how gruesome it looked. Hell it was the last play of the game. For example, I'm a casual wrestling fan. I knew when Sid vicious snapped his leg, and when Owen Hart died.

See, I wouldn't even remember the dude was injured or that his name was Treadwell, for that matter, a few weeks later. I pay attention to the other teams' players the week before we play them and during our game with them...but then comes the short term memory dump while getting ready for the next team. Two weeks after, I'd be like, "Treadwell? Who the heck is Treadwell?" [ok, ok, there are obvious exceptions like Amari Cooper and Chubb and most of the QBs, but Treadwell didn't make it into my long term memory like those guys did).

In related news: Sid Vicious was a wrestler?!?!? I thought that dude was a punk rocker or something.

What has he accomplished? He beat a broken down Ole Miss team? As I stated his overall record at Arkansas is worse than CBJ. And missing your best player is not the EXACT same team.

He made it to the Rose Bowl 3 times in a row. And his record may be worse, but Arkansas is in the SEC West. Are you really that oblivious? Jones is by far set up to succeed more in the long run, but to say he's accomplished more than CBB as of now, is ridiculous.

And he still shut out Ole Miss, a team we got thumped by. How about you explain to me how we played completely different OM teams.

Did you watch any games last year? If Arkansas would've played Ole Miss when we played them, they would've loss as well. We more than likely would've beaten an injured Ole Miss team.

Both teams loss to Bama...the score does not indicate that BB has Arkansas ahead of TN at this point. It does indicate that Arkansas has better line play than TN did.

Your logic is flawed because you point out two games. What about the UGA game where UGA ran circles around Arkansas?

Arkansas will be a defining game for Coach Butch Jones.

Truth.

6-6 in the SEC West last year was light years better than 6-6 in the SEC East. Surely to God you're not gonna argue that. Again, lost by 1 point to Alabama, beat LSU 17-0, then hammered an 8-2 OleMiss team 30-0. By the end of the season he could boast of 2 1,100 yard rushers and the #2 ranked defense in the SEC. If you refuse to see or acknowledge it then so be it. But that Arkansas team was playing as well as anybody in the SEC late last year and will be a tough out in 2015.

Put it another way....what would you be saying about Butch if he had beaten say South Carolina 17-0, lost to Alabama by just 1 point and absolutely throttled an 8-2 OleMiss team that had been ranked #1 in the country just a few weeks earlier? Would you have been more impressed by those results or what actually happened in our games vs those teams?

And he still shut out Ole Miss, a team we got thumped by. How about you explain to me how we played completely different OM teams.

If you don't know, I don't have the time or patience to tell you. I'm not saying you're ignorant, but you're acting ignorant.

He made it to the Rose Bowl 3 times in a row. And his record may be worse, but Arkansas is in the SEC West. Are you really that oblivious? Jones is by far set up to succeed more in the long run, but to say he's accomplished more than CBB as of now, is ridiculous.

He loss those three games too. You act like he won all three. How can he have a worse record, but have accomplished more at Arkansas.

He loss those three games too. You act like he won all three. How can he have a worse record, but have accomplished more at Arkansas.

I'm saying he's accomplished more all-time, and he has just by making it to the Rose Bowl once, even though he's made it three times.

Okay, since you're fixated on records and records only and will consider nothing else try this....Bielema is 78-39 for a .667 win%... Butch by comparison is 62-40 with a .608 win%. Bielema has finished in the AP top 25 six times....Butch has finished in the AP top 25 two times. Better?

Reactions: 2 people

Ole Miss was a mediocre team all season behind a below average QB, they beat UT like a drum Arkansas exploited them for who they really were. Treadwell didn't make that big of a difference for ole miss, they weren't all that great to begin with.

Okay, since you're fixated on records and records only and will consider nothing else try this....Bielema is 78-39 for a .667 win%... Butch by comparison is 62-40 with a .608 win%. Bielema has finished in the AP top 25 six times....Butch has finished in the AP top 25 two times. Better?

The stats don't lie.

ole miss went 2-4 after the UT game...and one of those wins was against the formidable Blue Hose of PC...maybe PU now.

Nope....definitely not the same team.

VN Store

Back