Top 10 NBA Player of All-Time

6 consecutive years on the NBA All defefensive first team.
6 consecutive years on the all NBA first team.
During the same 6 years (2006-2011).
Won a Scoring title + All-Star, League and Finals MVP during that same 6 year span also.

I'm fine with Kobe. I think the myth surrounding him is a little overdone but whatevs.

I'm a huge Iverson fan. One of my favorite athletes ever. Doesn't make him an efficient scorer.

There are pros and cons to the whole stat-crazy analysis of each player.

It's a way of demonstrating what I know I see with my eyes. And that's if Kobe and AI traded spots, it would be AI with the rings.

Personality dominates in the NBA, so if you've got a charismatic guy who jacks up shots all night, then you've got a star.

It's a way of demonstrating what I know I see with my eyes. And that's if Kobe and AI traded spots, it would be AI with the rings.

yup.

i'm all for more advanced stats and such. love them in baseball. but i'm still a pretty firm believer that there is no way that Sixers team makes it to the finals without AI.

Has some good and some bad.

You have to make them to keep taking them, no?

Not really. Last year was his worst shooting season of his career. He shot well below league average. He shot 23 FGA/game. That led the league, and was 3rd highest of his career.

You just have to look cool when you miss, and coaches and GMs will keep letting you shoot.

yup.

i'm all for more advanced stats and such. love them in baseball. but i'm still a pretty firm believer that there is no way that Sixers team makes it to the finals without AI.

Has some good and some bad.

I used to believe that. I was AI's #1 fan. They ranked #4 in rebounding. They had the league's defensive MVP. It wasn't about Iverson shooting below league average.

Those playoffs were so fun to watch. When that Bucks series looked like it was over, then AI got hot again and they closed it out I was going nuts. The 29-point 4th quarter. Dude could score in bunches, his problem was he was never consistent.

No Order

Wilt
Olajuwon
Russell
Jordan
Lebron
Karl Malone
Robertson
Kareem
Magic
Bird

He just wasn't all that efficient. His career TS% is just .551, which is nice, but it's not that far above league average. His best season he shot .579 (to put that in perspective, that's what Malone averaged).

So the reason I say he's overrated as a scorer is because he has all these post moves, size/length advantages, and supposedly the best fundamentals so people fawn all over him, but the reality is Dwight Howard with almost no moves can score 20 and shoot a TS% of .600+* so where are all those moves really getting TD?

*And consider Howard's FT% is bringing that down, while TD's is bringing his up

They are pretty close, IMO. Duncan was the better defender and rebounder, but Malone was a far superior scorer.

Duncan FG%: 50.7%

Malone F%: 51.6%

Yeah, ok. Duncan would have shot 55% for his career with a point guard like Stockton.

Duncan was probably better than Malone passing and defensively though, right?

Again I'll take Duncan, one of the five best post defenders off all time and elite rebounder over Malone alleged "better" offensive game.

VN Store

Back