Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

He's saying Brady didn't win a SB without a good D and only made 1 SB without a good D...and D was the BB side of things.
Not arguing that he wasn't. But none of them were Bears or Ravens level juggernauts. They kept you in a game. Brady WON em.

But if it was the PRIMARY reason? Shouldn’t it have propelled an average quarterback into the postseason?

Who said primary. It took BOTH. Hence the coach and defense being important to Brady’s success and vice versa.

Dude played with 2 defenses in the bottom half of the league in scoring. In 23 years, just 2 (both 17th so middling not even bad). That’s just a crazy stat to me, and Belichick was key to most of that.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Who said primary. It took BOTH. Hence the coach and defense being important to Brady’s success and vice versa.

Dude played with 2 defenses in the bottom half of the league in scoring. In 23 years, just 2 (both 17th so middling not even bad). That’s just a crazy stat to me, and Belichick was key to most of that.
I see your thinking but can’t get past Belichick benching Malcolm Butler for the Super Bowl where Brady set the passing record and never explaining his reasoning…taps into the greatness. That and pulling Matt Patricia and Joe Judge out his butt as OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS to replace Josh McDaniels. Can’t find the equivalent in confounding thinking that countered winning in any other great coach or a similar mistake from Brady that cost his team.

Reactions: knoxvol52
It was Andrew Shultz I think (?) probably had a Bob Kraft joke teed up but changed it. The part about Brady not winning a SB for 3 years and making sure the only person in Boston to get a happy ending was....."the priest"?

Part of me knows the professional comedians would happily go all out to honor their craft. At the same time, even someone like me with no comedic talent could see the likely real joke there. It just seemed too obvious. Priest still hit well, but Kraft is what I would have expected. Especially from Shultz. Bob Kraft getting happy ending massages is too good to pass up. They didn't let up on anyone else all night. But I think they backed off whatever Kraft jokes they had after Brady said that to Ross.

It was Andrew Shultz I think (?) probably had a Bob Kraft joke teed up but changed it. The part about Brady not winning a SB for 3 years and making sure the only person in Boston to get a happy ending was....."the priest"?

Part of me knows the professional comedians would happily go all out to honor their craft. At the same time, even someone like me with no comedic talent could see the likely real joke there. It just seemed too obvious. Priest still hit well, but Kraft is what I would have expected. Especially from Shultz. Bob Kraft getting happy ending massages is too good to pass up. They didn't let up on anyone else all night. But I think they backed off whatever Kraft jokes they had after Brady said that to Ross.

My guess is that Kraft told Brady he would come to the roast if Brady would tell the roasters to not mention the massage. I believe Brady passed that message along, not really wanting to. Jeff Ross went after it, because **** it. Brady steps in, not because he's upset about it, but because the thing he cares about the most is that Kraft thinks Brady stood up for him.

Kraft is going to give Brady the Pats. That's the hope, at least.

VN Store

Back