Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

This is Belichick's 10th season as head coach without Brady as his starting QB. (1991-1995, 2000, 2008, 2020-2022)

75-82, no division titles.

1-2 playoff record.

Three years after Brady left and they still don't have anyone worth a damn on the offensive side of the ball. The leading receiver (receptions) for the Patriots is Rhamondre Stevenson.

They've had three years of drafts and FA to do something and this is what they have.

So in other words Coach Belichick hasn’t been able to look great in the no Brady era.

The best season was 2021 when Mac Jones had a terrific rookie season, and the Patriots made the Playoffs as a Wild Card.

I do enjoy that Skip Bayless kept giving excuses to Sharpe for Tom Brady stinking this season or bringing up he’s been great in past seasons.

This season, Tom looks like death on a cracker. Of course, he skipped pre-season which doesn't exactly endure you to your team. Misery loves company. I think Tampa Bay cuts him before season end. It is a cold business.

Reactions: firestorm
This season, Tom looks like death on a cracker. Of course, he skipped pre-season which doesn't exactly endure you to your team. Misery loves company. I think Tampa Bay cuts him before season end. It is a cold business.
Wait. You think Tampa Bay is going to cut Tom Brady before the end of this season? You can't be serious.

Wait. You think Tampa Bay is going to cut Tom Brady before the end of this season? You can't be serious.

Yeah. I'm not too serious.

But, it would be a good note to send him out on. If they are eliminated from playoffs, why keep Tommy around.

He is washed up and has been a complete a-hole all year. Gissolle approves. Tom can draw unemployment under Biden care

Yeah. I'm not too serious.

But, it would be a good note to send him out on. If they are eliminated from playoffs, why keep Tommy around.

He is washed up and has been a complete a-hole all year. Gissolle approves. Tom can draw unemployment under Biden care

Leading the division at 5-6.

Makes sense to cut him because the Buccaneers need to rebuild since Brady resembles Farve in his Final NFL season which was with the Purple Vikings.

Also I saw on a list of greatest athletes with measurement winning that justly Tom Brady wasn’t at the top.
A greater athlete that has more championships that is Bill Russell the legendary Celtics Center that was a great reason why the Boston Celtics won an impressive 8 consecutive NBA Championships.
Also 11 NBA Championships in 13 NBA seasons is an outstanding feat of excellence.

Also on the list is a terrific Pro Boxer that never lost a match. Rocky Marciano that retired 49-0 so eat your heart out Muhammad Ali because that’s not something that legendary boxer has.
Undeniably Ali is 1 of a damn kind however he is not an undefeated Boxer which is why Rocky Marciano is greater than him if this is limited to Wins Record as the measurement for greatest since that is a Conclusive measurement.

Bill Russell has an amazing feat that exceeds my Idol and favorite Chicago Bulls Player Michael “Air” Jordan because of the 8 consecutive NBA Titles for the Boston Celtics.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
This is Belichick's 10th season as head coach without Brady as his starting QB. (1991-1995, 2000, 2008, 2020-2022)

75-82, no division titles.

1-2 playoff record.

Three years after Brady left and they still don't have anyone worth a damn on the offensive side of the ball. The leading receiver (receptions) for the Patriots is Rhamondre Stevenson.

They've had three years of drafts and FA to do something and this is what they have.

They have a good team just young QB's who aren't good/ready. The division is super tough right now and never once was with Brady around. They were 1 game back of Josh Allen and the Bills last year with a rookie QB. They are 6-6 against a brutal schedule, and only 1 bad loss with Zappe and Mac playing musical chairs.

I look at this team and issue a vote of confidence for BB. This is coming from somebody who mistakenly bet the under on the Pats.

Rumors are starting to swirl that Brady is coming back, and that's partly because the roster is so good (outside of QB).

Last edited:
Here is an obvious flaw for Coach Belichick in the after Tom Brady era.
That’s a tv in the great sports themed restaurant Icehouse.

17C79C90-D168-40E0-A7ED-CAA1DDC5C87A.jpeg

I'm bumping this because I get joy when "genius" gets exposed. I think Belichek is great. Winning when dealt a winning hand is harder than people think.

But, the reality is......he can't win with a losing hand. They suck. It's his fault as he handles personnel. And the debate of Brady vs. Belichek is so over it's not even funny.

He will end his career with a losing coaching record without Tom Brady.

And the sad thing for me is people pointing the finger at Mac Jones when only a HOF QB would be able to win with that crap on the offensive side of the ball in New England. He should be the first person to understand this. I'm sure he'd have no problem putting together a defensive game plan to slow down Rhamondre Stephenson, Kendrick Bourne, Davante Parker, Hunter Henry and Mike Gesecki.

I'm bumping this because I get joy when "genius" gets exposed. I think Belichek is great. Winning when dealt a winning hand is harder than people think.

But, the reality is......he can't win with a losing hand. They suck. It's his fault as he handles personnel. And the debate of Brady vs. Belichek is so over it's not even funny.

He will end his career with a losing coaching record without Tom Brady.

And the sad thing for me is people pointing the finger at Mac Jones when only a HOF QB would be able to win with that crap on the offensive side of the ball in New England. He should be the first person to understand this. I'm sure he'd have no problem putting together a defensive game plan to slow down Rhamondre Stephenson, Kendrick Bourne, Davante Parker, Hunter Henry and Mike Gesecki.

what’s funny is I don’t think it’s Belichick the coach that’s the problem. It’s Belichick the GM

It's definitely Belichek the GM. But, Belichek the GM is not going to take the blame.

It's the players who will

Tom Brady helped cover up a lot of Bill Belichick's defencincies.

If New England continues to struggle, I think Belichick could possibly retire at the end of the 2023 season.

Tom Brady helped cover up a lot of Bill Belichick's defencincies.

If New England continues to struggle, I think Belichick could possibly retire at the end of the 2023 season.

Ehh, the Pats held the vaunted Rams offense to 3 points in the last SB they won together. I would say Bill's lost his fastball since then but also that Mac Jones looks like one of the 5 worst starters in the NFL.

Ehh, the Pats held the vaunted Rams offense to 3 points in the last SB they won together. I would say Bill's lost his fastball since then but also that Mac Jones looks like one of the 5 worst starters in the NFL.
Brady propped up that team for years before he left. If the defense had gotten off the plane for the second Pats-Eagles SB tilt Brady would have eight. Brady set the record that game for passing yards in a SB.

Brady propped up that team for years before he left. If the defense had gotten off the plane for the second Pats-Eagles SB tilt Brady would have eight. Brady set the record that game for passing yards in a SB.

That was before the Rams SB. You're rewriting history here. The worst D he had the last 5 years in NWE was #7 in points surrendered. What are we griping about here? This is what the Pats did in the playoffs, defensively:

2016 = 20 points, 20 points (lost AFCG). They also had the #1 D in the regular season
2017 = 16 points, 17 points, then 28 points (only because Brady threw a pick 6) - won SB
2018 = 14 points, 20 points, 41 points - lost SB

He didn't prop them up. They went 6-1 when the D held the other team to 3 TD's or less and went 0-1 when they didn't.

2019 = 28 points, 31 points, 3 points - won SB. They both get credit, but holding the Rams to 3 is more impressive than outscoring the Chiefs (because Dee Ford lined up offsides) and Chargers. They also had the #1 D in the regular season.
2020 = 20 points - lost WC

At best, you can say he carried them for 2 playoff games the last 5 years. They also had the #2 D the year after he left. In 18 years, they had a top 10 D 17 times!

And I will not accept any hypothetical argument that he would have had more SB's when he did this in playoff wins with BB:

115 yards
145 yards
201 yards
144 yards
207 yards
201 yards
212 yards
209 yards
198 yards

Brady went 9-1 passing for less than 225 yards in the playoffs with BB. Peyton was 4-3 in games in that situation, and 3 of those wins came with the Broncos all-time D when he couldn't throw anymore. Let's just think about how lucky Brady was to have a top D year after year.

Last edited:
That was before the Rams SB. You're rewriting history here. The worst D he had the last 5 years in NWE was #7 in points surrendered. What are we griping about here? This is what the Pats did in the playoffs, defensively:

2016 = 20 points, 20 points (lost AFCG). They also had the #1 D in the regular season
2017 = 16 points, 17 points, then 28 points (only because Brady threw a pick 6) - won SB
2018 = 14 points, 20 points, 41 points - lost SB

He didn't prop them up. They went 6-1 when the D held the other team to 3 TD's or less and went 0-1 when they didn't.

2019 = 28 points, 31 points, 3 points - won SB. They both get credit, but holding the Rams to 3 is more impressive than outscoring the Chiefs (because Dee Ford lined up offsides) and Chargers. They also had the #1 D in the regular season.
2020 = 20 points - lost WC

At best, you can say he carried them for 2 playoff games the last 5 years. They also had the #2 D the year after he left. In 18 years, they had a top 10 D 17 times!

And I will not accept any hypothetical argument that he would have had more SB's when he did this in playoff wins with BB:

115 yards
145 yards
201 yards
144 yards
207 yards
201 yards
212 yards
209 yards
198 yards

Brady went 9-1 passing for less than 225 yards in the playoffs with BB. Peyton was 4-3 in games in that situation, and 3 of those wins came with the Broncos all-time D when he couldn't throw anymore. Let's just think about how lucky Brady was to have a top D year after year.
Is this a serious post? You seem to think you’re arguing with someone with no knowledge of the Pats or Brady. Your argument loses every shred of credibility when you cherry-pick to a laughable extreme on stats. Here’s a hint: nine playoff victories when Brady’s passing yards were modest does not cancel out the other twenty-six victories. Did you really think no one knows anything about Brady? He has thirty-five playoff victories, more than all but three franchises - and one of those three teams is the Pats.

Even if you had left out the risible mutilation of stats, your claim that holding the mighty Jared Goff to three points is more impressive than outscoring Patrick Mahomes is as silly and nonsensical as any words that could ever be spoken about football. That 2019 AFCCG was one of the most singular performances of the greatest quarterback in the history of the sport. Anyone who claims otherwise is simply a Manning homer who refuses to deal in reality.

The Pats having a good defense somehow lessening Brady’s greatness is a tired argument that only Manning homers try to make. Here’s a stat for you: how many seasons did Manning play with two or more HOF skill position players in their prime in the same season? Most of his career. How many times did Brady? Never once. If Brady had had two receivers the caliber of Wayne and Harrison on the field at the same time, and a HOF running back in the backfield, he would have thrown for 7,000 yards in a season.

Here’s another stat for you: coming into this week, the Pats defense was #10 in the league. And they were winning just like they did with Brady, weren’t they?

A revisionist history has been formed around Brady’s legacy in Foxboro. Seems every defense on every Patriots Super Bowl winner was generational 85 Bears, 86 Giants or 01 Ravens level. Whereas I remember every win required at least one or two plays from their QB who wouldn’t accept defeat. Starting with the first one where Madden was rambling at them to kneel and play for OT, and the second year bastaj drove them down the field to win. I continued to argue for my personal favorite Peyton, but when Seattle bludgeoned him early, he stayed down. Against the Falcons, down 28-9 entering the 4th quarter, Brady HAD to make every play without a miss…or they lose. Defense, special teams…no other unit. The quarterback. It’s when I KNEW you couldn’t BEAT him. You could outscore him but if there was a second left on the game clock and the game was within reach. you were going to have to hold your breath and hope God hated him that day. And that only happened 3 out of the 9 times he made the Super Bowl.

Lol man Huff cannot help himself on the Brady slander

What slander? I only said one negative thing about him, pointing out a pick 6 (which we all know he redeemed himself from) simply for the sake of counting defensive points.

The Pats having a good defense somehow lessening Brady’s greatness is a tired argument that only Manning homers try to make. Here’s a stat for you: how many seasons did Manning play with two or more HOF skill position players in their prime in the same season? Most of his career. How many times did Brady? Never once. If Brady had had two receivers the caliber of Wayne and Harrison on the field at the same time, and a HOF running back in the backfield, he would have thrown for 7,000 yards in a season.

Here’s another stat for you: coming into this week, the Pats defense was #10 in the league. And they were winning just like they did with Brady, weren’t they?

The point wasn't to lessen Brady's greatness it was to protect Bill Belichik's. Somebody specifically said that Brady carried those teams at the end and he clearly did not. He carried the offense, fine. Again, a top 7 D literally every year those last 5 years, and the #1 D twice. You can interpret that to mean Brady's greatness is lessened, but it's just a statement of facts to refute something wrong that was said.

Do you honestly think Brady played with a team this bad? I can't believe they were the #10 D giving up 24.25 ppg last week and now they're the 25th ranked D giving up 26.2 ppg. That math doesn't add up. Either way, we now have 5 weeks of data so why use 4 weeks of data to compare it to 16/17 game seasons from the past? Because it makes your argument better? Nah, let's use all the data available. 25th ranked D. No weapons. Average line. Brady's worst team finished 17th ranked D way back in 2005 and he didn't get out of the divisional round. Go figure.

Brady did have arguably the best offense of all time around him with a #1 D and he didn't throw for 7,000 yards and he didn't win a super bowl, either.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back