Todd Kelly

Todd Kelly Jr. is an 8th grader at Webb now. He is a great basketball and football player and will be a freshman at Catholic next fall.

Todd Kelly Jr. is an 8th grader at Webb now. He is a great basketball and football player and will be a freshman at Catholic next fall.

glad to know they saw the error of their ways and will be moving to Catholic next year.

i remember Todd Kelly, he was a great pass rushing end. he use to come in the fresh market in farragut with his super bowl ring from the niners. that thing is huge. great Tennessee vol.

Todd Kelley was an All-American defensive end for UT in the early 90's, much in the same mode as Shaun Ellis later. Came to UT as a large LB and converted to a DE. He had one game against Spurrier's Florida where he ate up a freshman offensive tackle named Green and kept the Gator's QB (?Terry Dean) on his butt all day.

Drafted by the 49ers in first or second round. Kelley was a great pass rusher with spin moves, bull rushes etc.

The QB was Shane Matthews for most of the day....I remember Dean getting in for at least one series so Spurrier could yell at Matthews. The Green kind ended up having a good career at FL and if I remember correctly went on to the NFL.....but Kelly made him look very poor that day...was definitely a fun game....despite the hurricane that came through....

Thanks, I found this quote from GoVOLSExtra:

"Kelly, the son of former Tennessee standout Todd Kelly, helped the Catholic youth football team to an 11-0 record and the Knox County championship."

The Catholic team was coached by Todd, Keith DeLong and Tim Irwin. Not a bad staff.
His son is a fantastic athlete and plays RB.Posted via VolNation Mobile

Good ol' Billy Ratliff for me. He's the only player who I'd really consider giving his game jersey back to him free of charge, so I did. It was a nice one too; 1996 orange with Neyland 75th patch and a bunch of repairs and paint transfers.

Loved me some Ratliff. He was the one that recovered Stoener's stumble and fumble.

Edit - I just now saw the dates on these posts...sick bump, dude.

TK was a beast. He actually got ejected on senior day against Vandy his senior year for an on field scuffle, iirc.

Anybody remember this guy? He was my favorite player growing up, and for some reason, I can't really remember why. What are your favorite Todd Kelly memories, and who are your favorite "unsung heroes"?

(also have to add that Tori Noel was the man!)

He was also my favorite...I'm 33 so maybe he was playing when I was that perfect age when everything was great!...He played with a lot of energy and was a beast on the field...His jersey was the first one I ever owned...still have it!

GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Todd Kelly, 6-4, 262

Did not start until his senior season, 1992. Tied for team lead in sacks with 5 in 1990. Notched 5 1/2 sacks in 1991 as backup for all-americans Chuck Smith and Chris Mims. Recorded a team high 11 sacks in 1992 to finish his career second only to Reggie White at UT in the career sacks category.

Todd Kelly was honored by Coaches (All-America), AP (third team), Football News, and College/Pro Football Weekly (second team). He was all-SEC in AP and Football News. He was selected in the 1st round (27th overall) of the '93 NFL draft by the 49ers.

solid

former DE, around 1992. Drafted by the 49ers.

edit: I'm 26, i was 11 at the time, don't remember a lot about him, just him. Am i old?

Could be just me but your math seems a little fuzzy :ermm:

*EDIT* just noticed this thread is 5 years old and brought back from the dead....Ignore my previous comment

Last edited:

VN Store

Back