Todd Kelly

defaultusername

Anybody remember this guy? He was my favorite player growing up, and for some reason, I can't really remember why. What are your favorite Todd Kelly memories, and who are your favorite "unsung heroes"?

(also have to add that Tori Noel was the man!)

Todd Kelly isn't really ringing any bells for me... As for Noel I will always remember that hit he put on Alabama in 95

i know an Andy K. but not Todd, maybe before my time

????

Kelly,-Todd-action.jpg

Think he played like 89-92 or something.

former DE, around 1992. Drafted by the 49ers.

edit: I'm 26, i was 11 at the time, don't remember a lot about him, just him. Am i old?

I have a Todd Kelly 58 jersey. I got it at my first game in Neyland vs. Ark. in 92. We lost. We also lost the next two weeks to bama and scar. I never wore the jersey again after the losing streak. That losing streak ended Majors career...I am getting that jersey back out.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, my aunt worked on the playground near world's fair park with Todd Kelly. She said he was a really nice guy.

I had the great honor of meeting Mr. Kelly and let me say he was a wonderful man to meet. He still lives in Knoxville and I think he is a medical distributor if Im not mistaken.

He was a captain on the 1992 team and had to help the team thru all the political stuff (Majors vs Fulmer) happening then.

I'm only 28, but I remember Todd Kelly and Tori Noel. Everything I rmemeber about Todd has alreayd been said. Noel was, if memory serves, a heck of a safety. He played the run really well and had decent coverage skills. He played with the Broncos for a few years and he hurt his neck in training camp in the late 90's. They found out it was a recurring herniated disc and he was forced to retire.

I remember Tori Noel, he wasn't the guy you wanted to meet going across the middle. Heath Shuler was my childhood favorite for all the obvious reasons. I still have my #21 hat that he signed for me.

I remember that 92 UF game. We had some great D linemen during those years.

i saw tori noel coaching one of the memphis teams a couple of yeard ago. i think it was Ridgway maybe.

I remember Tori Noel, he wasn't the guy you wanted to meet going across the middle. Heath Shuler was my childhood favorite for all the obvious reasons. I still have my #21 hat that he signed for me.

Noel could definitely lay the wood. If my memory seves me correctly, I remember him laying out one of bama's receivers in the '95 game and then doing the same thing to Shaun Alexander in '97 when Ut went back to Legion field.

Todd Kelly and Chuck Smith made up one heck of a combination at DE.

Tyrone Hines was from Brownsville- played for Haywood Co. Tomcats
Saved us from defeat by returning a fumble for a TD against Vandy.

Earnest Fields was from Milan as was John Fisher (center).
Jeff Smith TE is also Milan alum and former Vol-caught a TD against Miami in the '85 Sugar Bowl. 2nd score of the night if memory serves.

i know an Andy K. but not Todd, maybe before my time

if you know andy k. then todd kelly wasn't before you're time. todd kelly was a monster at defensive end in the early 1990's, especially his senior year in '92. spent a little time with 49ers in the nfl.

VN Store

Back