'19 TN WR/CB T.J. Sheffield

This is what concerns me, it's been stated on more than one occasion that Jones has done a good job w/recruiting. I find that hard to believe because in year 5 we have significant depth issues to the tune of backups that aren't prepared to play.

Couple that with the talent we do have not being developed and some regressing it just seems like his supposed recruiting gains are smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: 3 people
This is a class of '19 player who goes out of his way to say that he will still be considering Tennessee. It sounds like he just wants the uncertainty to be cleared up and he will be listening to the new coach's pitch (whoever that may be).

The drama queens are out in full force today, with some of them posting to this thread. Good lord.

Reactions: 6 people
This is a class of '19 player who goes out of his way to say that he will still be considering Tennessee. It sounds like he just wants the uncertainty to be cleared up and he will be listening to the new coach's pitch (whoever that may be).

The drama queens are out in full force today, with some of them posting to this thread. Good lord.

EVERYONE who posts on message boards are drama queens

Reactions: 2 people
John Currie better wake up or else we’re going to lose our entire recruiting class

This is what concerns me, it's been stated on more than one occasion that Jones has done a good job w/recruiting. I find that hard to believe because in year 5 we have significant depth issues to the tune of backups that aren't prepared to play.

Couple that with the talent we do have not being developed and some regressing it just seems like his supposed recruiting gains are smoke and mirrors.

Backups not ready to play comes back to player development.
He is a good salesman.
Wonder how many legacy players that help his first two classes came just because it UT, regardless of coach

Reactions: 1 person
this-is-fine-dog.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
But wait...............but wait. Doug Mathews said “don’t listen to all those people saying what’s going on right now with Butch is hurting recruiting with the Tennessee recruits, it’s not true. They still all want to come to play at Tennessee”.

If they don't hurry up and fire him then there won't be a new coach in place in time to talk to any recruits. Remember we have a new December signing class now

With the new early signing period, getting a new HC in place quickly becomes much more important. But it seems Currie is dragging his feet. Should we be surprised? I am not. I get the feeling we end up with another Butch type hire. Get ready for more disappointments.

VN Store

Back