'19 TN WR/CB T.J. Sheffield

Knox will be really good in college. He struggle to put up big numbers due lack of a real quarterback on the team. He'll be a JJ type Wr.

JJ is more athletic overall by a good margin and is a far more physical/aggressive type kid. I can see the comparison from a sheer size, straight line speed standpoint, but that's where it stops.

Purdue just got another WR commit yesterday (Milton Wright). Any chance of a Sheffield flip? Or his he even a want?

Haven’t seen him play but Purdue to UTC seems extreme considering he’s had a monster senior season.
We’ve had a ton of drops in Butch’s years that went from Tennessee to Tuckyho State. Haven’t seen his recent film at all, but it could be one of those scenarios

We’ve had a ton of drops in Butch’s years that went from Tennessee to Tuckyho State. Haven’t seen his recent film at all, but it could be one of those scenarios
Based on what? He’s one of their higher commits and had a huge season.

A type of season that would have most of VN hollering for moar stars!!

Also, did we really? Most still landed at P5 or at least FBS schools.

Last edited:
Based on what? He’s one of their higher commits and had a huge season.

A type of season that would have most of VN hollering for moar stars!!

Also, did we really? Most still landed at P5 or at least FBS schools.

I’m just stating precedence, admitted I knew nothing of his performance this year.

Where did our Connecticut QB land? Honest question. Some of our DB commits did not age well. Honestly a lot of people who I can’t remember, but yes, I think most if not all were FBS players

Anyone that thinks this guy is just good enough for UTC hasn't seen him play.....or has no idea what they are talking about.

I’m just stating precedence, admitted I knew nothing of his performance this year.

Where did our Connecticut QB land? Honest question. Some of our DB commits did not age well. Honestly a lot of people who I can’t remember, but yes, I think most if not all were FBS players
Ha, that QB ended up at Boston College and is playing.......WR.

It is really a false or at least exaggerated precedence.

Ha, that QB ended up at Boston College and is playing.......WR.

It is really a false or at least exaggerated precedence.

Point is... Butch took commitments from dudes who had no business playing for Tennessee... many of whom remain on campus, and Sheffield will not be going to UTC.

1541857239986.gif

Reactions: chavisut
He's a good player, but the belief is he's just not good enough for a high quality Power Five program. I know UT hasn't qualified as that over the last decade, but historically we are. He can play at a Power Five school probably, but it would be a lower-tier one like Indiana or Iowa State or something. Trying not to knock the kid because I think he's good, but just not quite good enough for a UT level school.

VN Store

Back