'19 TN WR/CB T.J. Sheffield

He is fast...we need fast. Hope to see him on Rocky Top in a couple years wearing orange.

Don't think so, those boys are from Tullahoma and both are plying pro baseball.

I think he's talking about Donovon. DB from Ensworth. You're probably thinking of Jordan and Justus. I don't think Donovan is from Tullahoma, and I'm not sure he's related to T.J.

I believe Scurry(our 2019 commit at WR) is better than Sheffield but he should be because he has more size & speed .

Last edited:
Final stats: 48 receptions for 885 yards & 9 TDs, rushed 28 times for 384 yards (13.7 ypc) & 6 TDs, 5 KO returns for 161 yards & 1 TD.

Reactions: 1 person
I am excited for the next 2 years at Independence. My son (2019 QB) will be throwing to them the next 2 years. He is 6'3" and still growing and has a big arm.

Maybe (if he can be as good as I think he can be) they could make it a threesome.

This thread title needs a modification.

Beard probably won't even be the WR coach on Signing Day for these guys, I can't manage to concern myself with recruiting this far in advance.

Beard probably won't even be the WR coach on Signing Day for these guys, I can't manage to concern myself with recruiting this far in advance.

Where do you think he goes? It's less than two years out. Do you not think he'll be a good coach? Follow Scott if he gets a head coaching job?

Where do you think he goes? It's less than two years out. Do you not think he'll be a good coach? Follow Scott if he gets a head coaching job?

It may be less than 2 years, but it's *more* than 2 seasons away. Beard would be the WR coach this upcoming season 2017 and next season 2018, then be preparing for Signing Day 2019 while recruiting guys like Sheffield. It's not that I doubt the hire at all and have any insight into where he may go, but there are just a lot of things that can happen staff-wise in 2 seasons.

I believe Scurry(our 2019 commit at WR) is better than Sheffield but he should be because he has more size & speed .

Scurry has the god given gifts, however TJ is as fast as they come and strong too. He will probably be 6'1" or so. H is also just plain a football player. He works hard at getting better and plays RB, WR, in the slot, on the jet sweep, and in the wildcat if you use it. He also returns kicks and if they need him will play some CB too. He is a baller that will do whatever it takes to help the team. Comes from a great family and makes great grades. Scurry is really good but he does not put in the work TJ does.

Rivals 3 Stripe Camp St. Louis: Recruiting news and notes

Sheffield is in possession of a Stanford offer and intends to visit the school this offseason. He remains committed to Tennessee but said on Sunday that his options are “open.” Sheffield will also visit Tennessee this offseason, as he weighs the two schools against each other.

VN Store

Back