'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

CORDOVA, Tenn. — In-state running back Jeremy Banks will join a crowded Tennessee backfield next season, but that doesn’t scare him off in the least.

In fact, the competition only seems to push Banks to try harder. There is no shortage of confidence in the running back who signed his letter of intent on Wednesday.

“I’m going to go in and compete and have a shot at a starting position,” Banks told SEC Country. “You’re going to see me on TV next year.”

Tennessee returns sophomores Ty Chandler and Tim Jordan, who showed flashes last season. John Kelly could return for his senior year, too, after rushing for 778 yards and 9 touchdowns last season.

Banks brings the confidence and work ethic that have gotten him to this point. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound back didn’t enter his senior season with much recognition. His only Power 5 offers heading into the season were from Iowa State and Virginia Tech.

That only drove him to work harder.

“I worked hard this summer by myself,” Banks said. “I worked hard with my teammates. There were times the lights were off and I was the only one out here working. Nobody was out here with me. I just got better.”

The hard work paid off as Banks rushed for almost 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns. The offers began to roll in. Banks would go on to consider UCLA, Iowa State, USC, Nebraska, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

He always held out hope for Tennessee, though. On Dec. 9, Tennessee finally extended an offer. Banks made his way to Knoxville last weekend for an official visit, which only made the decision easier.

“I just felt at home,” Banks said. “They have a great plan for me and my teammates. It was the best fit for me. It’s not too far and not too close.”

Banks knows this wasn’t given to him. He worked hard for the chance to play for the Vols, and he won’t take it for granted.

“It’s an opportunity,” Banks said. “It’s a great opportunity. So, I’m going to take it and run with it, and make the best of it.”

— Blake Morgan

Reactions: 10 people
6’2
215lbs

Cordova, TN
Cordova High School

Add another 5 or 10 lbs. of muscle in the weight room and we have a certified future stud in this recruit.

He is not only talented but he has attitude and seems to be an ill-tempered runner.

Speed, size, power and agility. He and Ty Chandler could be a terrific 1-2 punch down the road.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkRs3ljiJ8[/YOUTUBE]​

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
giphy.webp

Add another 5 or 10 lbs. of muscle in the weight room and we have a certified future stud in this recruit.

He is not only is talented but he has attitude and seems to be an ill-tempered runner.

Speed, size, power and agility. He and Ty Chandler could be a terrific 1-2 punch down the road.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBkRs3ljiJ8[/YOUTUBE]​

Wow. A lot quicker than I was expecting. Excited to see him in orange!

I know he isn't on campus yet but Banks is the second best back on the team behind Chandler. Imo onion Kelly comes back next year he is no were near NFL ready.

Don't sleep on Tim Jordan. He could be better than both Banks and Chandler. I was very impressed in him last year. He reminds me a lot of John Kelly.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't sleep on Tim Jordan. He could be better than both Banks and Chandler. I was very impressed in him last year. He reminds me a lot of John Kelly.

We do have some good backs with one of if not the best rb coach in the country. I would say that CRG is the best.

I think this guy is going to be our house load in 2018. I believe he is strong enough, fast enough, and his quick step will be able to break some tackles. I also believe he will drag tacklers with him. It remains to be seen, but this kid will be explosive going through the line of scrimmage.

VN Store

Back