'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

The Memphis native delivered the news to Jeremy Pruitt during his official visit this past weekend, but kept the news a secret until the first day of the early signing period.

"I’m committed to the University of Tennessee," Banks said. "It just felt at home."

The Cordova standout picked the in-state Vols over more than 25 offers, completing a whirlwind recruitment for Banks — who didn’t see much interest from Tennessee until Jeremy Pruitt became the new head coach two weeks ago.

Pruitt immediately made the Memphis native a priority, extending a scholarship and going in-home with Banks earlier this week. Banks quickly bonded with Pruitt, and said he has full-faith in Tennessee's new head coach.

"I’ve known coach G(illespie) for a little minute. It was a matter of meeting coach Pruitt. I felt his vibe, so I just had to lock it in," Banks explained.

"He was from my dream school, University of Alabama, so he said he’s going to bring that tradition here. I trust him like I trust a seat. I’m going to sit-down and trust him and let him and God guide me. It means a lot to me."

Despite strong pushes by Nebraska, UCLA and others, Banks couldn't pass up the opportunity to represent his state. Following his official visit on Sunday, Banks told VolQuest that "Tennessee needs me."

"I’ve had outstanding visits. Nebraska was outstanding. I felt like this was home (though)," he said.

"UCLA, Nebraska, they provided me with a great opportunity, but it wasn’t home. I always wanted to ball in the SEC."

Banks rushed for nearly 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2017. He becomes the 11th member of Tennessee’s 2018 class. He will enroll in the summer, and will put on his recruiting hat on for the next six weeks.

"The 2018 recruiting class is going to turn this (program) around," he said.

VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Welcome Aboard the Big Orange Train Jeremy!!!!!

Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on Becoming a VFL!!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Attachments

• Big_Orange_bullet_train.jpg
    Big_Orange_bullet_train.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 400
  • BlueTicHoundPups - Copy (2).gif
    BlueTicHoundPups - Copy (2).gif
    723.6 KB · Views: 409
  • happy-baby-smile.jpg
    happy-baby-smile.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 405
Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee added a major piece to its 2018 class on Wednesday, as 4-star running back Jeremy Banks signed with the Vols. The Memphis native delivered the news to Jeremy Pruitt during his official visit this past weekend, but kept the news a secret until the first day of the early signing period.

"I’m committed to the University of Tennessee," Banks said. "It just felt at home." The Cordova standout picked the in-state Vols over more than 25 offers, completing a whirlwind recruitment for Banks — who didn’t see much interest from Tennessee until Jeremy Pruitt became the new head coach two weeks ago.

Pruitt immediately made the Memphis native a priority, extending a scholarship and going in-home with Banks earlier this week. Banks quickly bonded with Pruitt, and said he has full-faith in Tennessee's new head coach. "I’ve known coach G(illespie) for a little minute. It was a matter of meeting coach Pruitt. I felt his vibe, so I just had to lock it in," Banks explained.

"He was from my dream school, University of Alabama, so he said he’s going to bring that tradition here. I trust him like I trust a seat. I’m going to sit-down and trust him and let him and God guide me. It means a lot to me."

Despite strong pushes by Nebraska, UCLA and others, Banks couldn't pass up the opportunity to represent his state. Following his official visit on Sunday, Banks told VolQuest that "Tennessee needs me." "I’ve had outstanding visits. Nebraska was outstanding. I felt like this was home (though)," he said.

"UCLA, Nebraska, they provided me with a great opportunity, but it wasn’t home. I always wanted to ball in the SEC." Banks rushed for nearly 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2017. He becomes the 11th member of Tennessee’s 2018 class. He will enroll in the summer, and will put on his recruiting hat on for the next six weeks. "The 2018 recruiting class is going to turn this (program) around," he said.

-VQ

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back