'18 TN RB Jeremy Banks (UT signee)

BANKS’ SCOUTING REPORT

“Jeremy Banks is a different type of back than Tennessee has recruited in recent years. He’s a big bruiser who won’t wow you when running a 40-yard dash on a clock, but seems to get stronger and faster as games go along.

"His straight ahead style should fit nicely into the Vols new pro-style offense and he’s a good enough pass-catcher that he doesn’t have to come off the field on third downs. After being ignored by the previous staff, he’s a nice get on such short notice, especially when you consider the other schools that were pushing for his commitment.” — Woody Womack, Rivals.com analyst

HOW DOES BANKS FIT IN WITH THE VOLS?

As noted above, Banks physical, bruising style will be a welcomed-addition to Tennessee’s backfield as the Vols transition toward a more pro-style offense. As the 4-star prospect told VolQuest, “Tennessee needs me.”

Banks rushed for nearly 2,000 yards and 32 touchdowns as a senior. The depth chart is a bit crowded, but Banks should still compete for early carries.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR TENNESSEE?

For one, Pruitt & Co., did a nice job making quick inroads with a top prospect in the state and keeping Banks at home. Banks didn’t get a Tennessee offer until two weeks ago, but a key in-home visit and feel-good official visit sealed the deal.

With Banks on board, the question is if Tennessee will add another tailback in the 2018 class?

Junior college transfer Greg Bell, a 6-foot, 200-pound standout at Arizona Western C.C. last season, visited Knoxville this past weekend and has a spot, per sources. Tennessee has another running back still in its class, but 4-star Buford product Anthony Grant is expected to end up elsewhere — possibly flipping to Va. Tech.

With John Kelly mulling a decision with the NFL Draft, the Vols hope to pair Banks and Bell together to finish off their running back class for this cycle.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Smash mouth football returns to the Vols. It's about time. No mention of him being soft like the last big back we had who only wanted to run sweeps and not between the tackles.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee commit

lNz3N.gif

I know all RBs tape looks good, but this kid is great between the tackles and seems to be hard to bring down. A great get and I am sure we will see plently of him once JK leaves for the NFL..

I know he isn't on campus yet but Banks is the second best back on the team behind Chandler. Imo onion Kelly comes back next year he is no were near NFL ready.

VN Store

Back