'26 TN QB Jared Curtis (Georgia commit)

He’s good and has ability. He just doesn’t have the competition to showcase that ability. If I was him or his family, I’d transfer to a larger D1 private school. Iron sharpens iron. I think he will do well wherever he ultimately decides to go but it is years away.
He’s looked at options in East TN

I understand that some don't like D4H, but I'm going by what I've seen. Judging from Georgia accepting his commitment, Kirby agrees.
I'm not questioning the kid's talent. I'm questioning the proclamation of a guy who once said he was "better at scouting talent than NBA scouts". And that's a direct quote from this forum.

I'm not questioning the kid's talent. I'm questioning the proclamation of a guy who once said he was "better at scouting talent than NBA scouts". And that's a direct quote from this forum.
Once declared Stephen Griffin a future All-Pro safety and Nigel Warrior not worthy of a scholarship. Never revisits those declarations. 😏

They are all high major offers from teams with championship level pedigree.

I'm just saying from a fan perspective I would have loved to have this kid. It's rare that the state produces QBs of his caliber. A year ago people were saying the same about Mac, and were all in on the QB from Mississippi (forgot his name). The kid transferred to Lipscomb and his performance started going south and he got out of town and went back to Mississippi. I think he ended up choosing Notre Dame.

Clearly there are a lot of factors that play into recruiting, but let's not act like fans have been all in on coaching decisions related to the QB position. There are still many on this board that believe Milton should've been benched at various points last year and would defend that position. Personally, I think Heupel made the right decision about Milton.
So he’s instate so that makes him better?

Good job going back 8 years ago for the 1 thing you may have gotten correct. Jeeze. With that kind of hit rate, it’s amazing you aren’t an NFL analyst.

That same “amazing” eye test convinced you that the person in Thailand was a girl too. Just takes a second or two to figure out it’s not.

I cited Jacoby Stevens and Tee Higgins because they were in-state 5 stars like MacIntyre and Curtis. Maybe this is news to you but the state of Tennessee doesn't produce consensus 5-stars that often. I cited them because they are among the few instate 5-stars we've targeted in the recent past. If we were in Georgia or Florida where they have multiple instate five stars every single year then you might have had a point.

Once declared Stephen Griffin a future All-Pro safety and Nigel Warrior not worthy of a scholarship. Never revisits those declarations. 😏

I definitely did think highly of Stephen Griffin but I'm pretty sure I never said that about Nigel Warrior. I always thought he had the potential to be great.

I definitely did think highly of Stephen Griffin but I'm pretty sure I never said that about Nigel Warrior. I always thought he had the potential to be great.
You did say that along with many, many other things you were completely wrong on. You did hit on a few things. Even a broken clock is right from time to time. But for the most part, your predictions are way off.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
You changed your mind later on…like you did with Kamara and Christian McCaffery. 😏 After the fact gets you no points.

You changed your mind later on…like you did with Kamara and Christian McCaffery. 😏 After the fact gets you no points.

Well that's what a reasonable person does with more information. I never claimed to be infallible. I'm always open to changing my opinion with more evidence.

The problem is 5 star QBs don't like going to a team that just signed another 5-star in the previous class. That's why it's on the staff to prioritize the right guy. We went all in on Nico in 2023 and weren't a factor in the 2024 class for the top 5-star QBs. No school lands a 5-star QB every cycle. That's why you gotta pick the right guy. My point is we picked the wrong guy. I don't think MacIntyre is a 5-star talent. To me he's a 3 to 4 star caliber talent. The real 5-star talent in-state was Jared Curtis and we messed up by not prioritizing him.

Hopefully I'm wrong cause I root for Tennessee and not Georgia. But it looks to me like we signed a young Brock Osweiler while the Dawgs landed a young Josh Allen.
Wtf ? Bro..... So much wrong in this post.

Well that's what a reasonable person does with more information. I never claimed to be infallible. I'm always open to changing my opinion with more evidence.
But your “eye test” only needing to see one game (actually highlights) has always been your basis? And it’s why we’re here again after a battle of HUDL films. 😦 What if Heupel had dumped GMac based on your theories…only for you to go 180 back to GMac when a different HUDL (err “evidence”) happened?

Smart kid.
Selfishly, I wish he would. Would love him pairing up with the 2026 perimeter talent at Knox Webb with Shavar Young back. But I saw him basically welcoming a tight end transfer to NCS on Twitter recently so idk if he will. Bearden and Knox Webb would be good fits imo but idk if it will actually happen

But your “eye test” only needing to see one game (actually highlights) has always been your basis? And it’s why we’re here again after a battle of HUDL films. 😦 What if Heupel had dumped GMac based on your theories…only for you to go 180 back to GMac when a different HUDL (err “evidence”) happened?

Player development is a thing. So while a player might not impress me at first glance if he develops I will give him credit for that development. When I said I only need one game I was talking only with regard to a player's physical traits. For example when I was watched Jacoby Stevens back in 2016 I didn't see an elite athlete in terms of explosiveness. And I restricted my opinion to that. Now a player can overcome a physical limitation through developing his other skills or by improving athletically. That's why I always say I will change my opinion on a player if he proves me otherwise.

Player development is a thing. So while a player might not impress me at first glance if he develops I will give him credit for that development. When I said I only need one game I was talking only with regard to a player's physical traits. For example when I was watched Jacoby Stevens back in 2016 I didn't see an elite athlete in terms of explosiveness. And I restricted my opinion to that. Now a player can overcome a physical limitation through developing his other skills or by improving athletically. That's why I always say I will change my opinion on a player if he proves me otherwise.
Just stop. That hole keeps getting deeper.

So you’re right until they prove you were wrong all along. 😴

VN Store

Back