'26 TN QB Jared Curtis (Georgia commit)

Its funny that the 5 star Georgia instate Dline decommits yesterday and committed to USC

I get so sick & tired of the narrative that just because a kid is in-state, he should automatically be the #1 priority on the board.

Believe it or not, Tennessee isn’t the only state that produces great players.

If Heupel wants Faizon over Curtis, then there must be a very good reason for it.

Last edited:
Why prioritize a recruit that is instate over a better player from another state? Same thing every year.

I'm not buying that Brandon is better. Also, McIntyre is good but Curtis affects the game with his legs.

Curtis is the type of player that could terrorize our defense. I'm not confident I've seen the recruiting on defense we need to compete at a championship level.

It doesn't matter at this point but all things being even you go after the guy in the backyard.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
I'm not buying that Brandon is better. Also, McIntyre is good but Curtis affects the game with his legs.

Curtis is the type of player that could terrorize our defense. I'm not confident I've seen the recruiting on defense we need to compete at a championship level.

It doesn't matter at this point but all things being even you go after the guy in the backyard.

Even talent, attitude, work ethic, culture fit, etc?

We only know how he looks on the field. Doesn't seem like CJH views it as "all things being equal".

I too have not seen Brandon but why not prioritize a top instate recruit instead of letting him go to another top SEC team that you can't beat.

They are both good. Our coach (who happens to know football better than most) prefers one over the other because of our style of offense. It’s that simple.

D4H saying he preferred Deuce over GMac is the hilarious part. Also, saying we should have prioritized Curtis over GMac….they are in different classes.

All of his statements are based off of watching 1 game on TV too. 🤣😂

They are both good. Our coach (who happens to know football better than most) prefers one over the other because of our style of offense. It’s that simple.

D4H saying he preferred Deuce over GMac is the hilarious part. Also, saying we should have prioritized Curtis over GMac….they are in different classes.

All of his statements are based off of watching 1 game on TV too. 🤣😂
All he needs…#EYETEST 😎

GMac has wheels. Not a Harrison Bailey we’re discussing.

Curtis also plays against way worse competition…

Reactions: NighthawkVol

You mean like McIntyre?

Skipping over a highly-ranked in-state recruit in this year's class at the most important position on the field (McIntyre) to go all in on an in-state kid in the 26 class who may not even sign with you is insanity. When an in-state recruit is involved, common sense goes out the window.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You watched 1 game and that’s how you do your evaluations? These guys are in different classes. Plus you said you would rather have Duece.

I only needed one game in 2016 to know that JaCoby Stevens was not a real 5-star player while Tee Higgins definitely was. With high school players the key is the raw physical traits and overall athletic potential. Anything can happen with a young player when it comes to their development but the raw physical traits stay the same. And you really only need one game to tell is a guy has the juice to be a superstar or if they don't. George MacIntyre in his one game just looked like a tall gangly kid without much in the way of game breaking ability. Jared Curtis on the other hand looked like a young Josh Allen.

We made a huge mistake going all in on MacIntyre and I'm not budging off that take. Just like I said in 2016-17 that missing on JaCoby Stevens was no big deal but we would regret not landing a generational talent like Tee Higgins. MacIntyre and Curtis are like that all over again.

I only needed one game in 2016 to know that JaCoby Stevens was not a real 5-star player while Tee Higgins definitely was. With high school players the key is the raw physical traits and overall athletic potential. Anything can happen with a young player when it comes to their development but the raw physical traits stay the same. And you really only need one game to tell is a guy has the juice to be a superstar or if they don't. George MacIntyre in his one game just looked like a tall gangly kid without much in the way of game breaking ability. Jared Curtis on the other hand looked like a young Josh Allen.

We made a huge mistake going all in on MacIntyre and I'm not budging off that take. Just like I said in 2016-17 that missing on JaCoby Stevens was no big deal but we would regret not landing a generational talent like Tee Higgins. MacIntyre and Curtis are like that all over again.
Here’s to this being yet another idiotic take by you. You’ve had plenty.

I won't say it's a huge mistake to take McIntyre over Curtis, but I think we should have gone after both because one is a '25 and the other is a '26. I too have seen Curtis is person as a freshman and the kid made all the throws and was probably the singled handed reason his team was able to lose early then after he took over he led them to the state championship game. He is very athletic as well. Many of his skill players from that run are students at UT now.

I too have not seen Brandon but why not prioritize a top instate recruit instead of letting him go to another top SEC team that you can't beat.

The problem is 5 star QBs don't like going to a team that just signed another 5-star in the previous class. That's why it's on the staff to prioritize the right guy. We went all in on Nico in 2023 and weren't a factor in the 2024 class for the top 5-star QBs. No school lands a 5-star QB every cycle. That's why you gotta pick the right guy. My point is we picked the wrong guy. I don't think MacIntyre is a 5-star talent. To me he's a 3 to 4 star caliber talent. The real 5-star talent in-state was Jared Curtis and we messed up by not prioritizing him.

Hopefully I'm wrong cause I root for Tennessee and not Georgia. But it looks to me like we signed a young Brock Osweiler while the Dawgs landed a young Josh Allen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nooga
You mean like McIntyre?

Skipping over a highly-ranked in-state recruit in this year's class at the most important position on the field (McIntyre) to go all in on an in-state kid in the 26 class who may not even sign with you is insanity. When an in-state recruit is involved, common sense goes out the window.

The assumption here is that MacIntyre is on a similar to level to Curtis. If MacIntyre was a 3-star and Curtis a 5-star would you be saying the same thing? Your entire argument is based on an assumption that might not be true. My argument is Curtis is on a different level than MacIntyre. And when a player is significantly better than another then you prioritize the better player regardless of class.

You mean like McIntyre?

If you look at earlier posts, I am glad we got McIntyre. I wanted Curtis too. There is a reason Georgia prioritized him.

There are around 85 people a day moving into the Nashville area (that's down from over 100 a couple of years ago). Most if not all have little to no connection to the Vols. These people come from everywhere and have their own life long favorite teams. I don't know if that is the case with this young man but we need to all understand that many times the kids from Nashville and the Middle Tennessee area are not from here and a good way to tell is if they go to a private school, which he does.

One of the reasons our coaches make the big $$$ is the ability to project what a player might be after 2 years on campus. GMac and Brandon likely have higher ceilings due to the amount of physical growth still possible. Curtis looks like a college QB physically right now, and he plays against pretty weak competition. Those are things you have to factor into evaluations. I'm not knocking Curtis, just giving some insight.

One of the reasons our coaches make the big $$$ is the ability to project what a player might be after 2 years on campus. GMac and Brandon likely have higher ceilings due to the amount of physical growth still possible. Curtis looks like a college QB physically right now, and he plays against pretty weak competition. Those are things you have to factor into evaluations. I'm not knocking Curtis, just giving some insight.
Correct.

Reactions: bigl3327
How so? I still think it was a huge mistake for us to not prioritize Curtis over MacIntyre. I watched a game of MacIntyre on local TV this past season and he looked very average. Curtis on the other hand jumped off the screen in his game when I saw him play. I don't know anything about Faizon Brandon. It's possible he's better than both and if we land him we got nothing to worry about. But as of now this is a huge miss by our staff. We let Georgia take a stud QB out of our backyard because we prioritized the wrong kid.
It's not a miss. It's an intentional walk.

I won't say it's a huge mistake to take McIntyre over Curtis, but I think we should have gone after both because one is a '25 and the other is a '26. I too have seen Curtis is person as a freshman and the kid made all the throws and was probably the singled handed reason his team was able to lose early then after he took over he led them to the state championship game. He is very athletic as well. Many of his skill players from that run are students at UT now.

We didn't take GMac over Curtis. We took GMac and we're prioritizing Faizon Brandon over Curtis.

VN Store

Back