'18 TN DT Brant Lawless

If DT is the position colleges are looking at him for, could you imagine the salivating coaches and S&C coaches are probably doing right now. Kid is down to 265 from 300. Put 25 - 35 pounds back on him through a college S&C and nutritionist......booyah!! Beast!

Seems to me that it would be a lot different than putting 25 - 35 lbs on a kid that has never weighed that much before. This guy has already weighed that much before, you just get the chance to put it back on him the right way.

Lawless isn't a very tall guy either, so having him at a leaner weight is probably better for him coming in year one. He doesn't seem to have the frame to be a 310-320 LB guy. He probably will need to play in the 290 range to be an effective every down DT at the next level.

Lawless isn't a very tall guy either, so having him at a leaner weight is probably better for him coming in year one. He doesn't seem to have the frame to be a 310-320 LB guy. He probably will need to play in the 290 range to be an effective every down DT at the next level.

6'3" in the OP ain't accurate?

6'3" in the OP ain't accurate?
Edit: Oops, I thought this was a different thread. I'm probably wrong about his height.

He definitely looks shorter than Bituli in that pic and ESPN lists him as 6'1 though.

Last edited:
Edit: Oops, I thought this was a different thread. I'm probably wrong about his height.

He definitely looks shorter than Bituli in that pic and ESPN lists him as 6'1 though.

Be nice to get a true measurement at some point. Truth looks to be maybe 6'2"?

Be nice to get a true measurement at some point. Truth looks to be maybe 6'2"?

Weighed in at 6-1, 308 at The Opening Columbus last year, when he was a rising sophomore.
i

Not sure if he's grown since then but from this pic taken earlier this week, you can clearly tell that he's lost significant weight.
636049907832535816-IMG-0478.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Weighed in at 6-1, 308 at The Opening Columbus last year, when he was a rising sophomore.
i

Not sure if he's grown since then but from this pic taken earlier this week, you can clearly tell that he's lost significant weight.
636049907832535816-IMG-0478.jpg

Thanks. 6'1" as a Rising sophomore isn't too bad. I'm sure he'll gain another couple inches.

Oh yeah, TWSS!!!

Reactions: 2 people
“It was insane — like, the fan base, and just the game (was) intense. It was a great time,” said Lawless.

“This atmosphere, it was incredible. It was really good. I mean, I expected it to be loud, but not that loud. It was a lot louder than I thought it would be, for sure.”

he’s “pretty positive I’ll be coming back” to see the Vols take on rival Alabama on Oct. 15th.

Lawless said seeing Tennessee knock off Florida for the first time since 2004, and experiencing the raucous environment provided by a sellout crowd of 102,455 that created an orange-and-white checkerboard pattern in the stands, “definitely improves” his opinion of the Vols.

“It was definitely a big step for them,” he said. “They haven’t beat them in a while, so that was definitely something good to happen for them. They’ve been putting in the work, and you can definitely see the change.”

“It’s definitely a place you definitely want to be and definitely want to go,” Lawless said. “The fan base and the family base, it’s definitely incredible, the support you have and the great coaches you have looking out for you. It’s definitely a place you want to be. It’s a great place.”
-Callahan

He still talks to Bituli a lot. He doesn't have any plans to commit anywhere soon.

Reactions: 5 people
Even if he stays at 6 ft, there are a number of productive DTs at the collegiate and professional level.

Sometimes it almost benefits from leverage standpoint.

Definitely

LOL! I was definitely thinking the same thing.

“It’s definitely a place you definitely want to be and definitely want to go,” Lawless said. “The fan base and the family base, it’s definitely incredible, the support you have and the great coaches you have looking out for you. It’s definitely a place you want to be. It’s a great place.”

200.gif

This is ANOTHER one of those in-state guys that we MUST not miss on. He's top notch as the #16th DT overall in the class of 2018. We have to keep him here.

I spoke with his mom and they love UT. He's no where near the 270 he's listed at, lol. Big kid with a great demeanor and always smiling. If they play their cards right i think this is one they can seal the deal with early.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back