'25 TN DL Stephon Shivers

Wait, a three star DL is held in higher regard than the two four stars??

Ratings systems are always dead on.
I have lived in West Tennessee all my life (76 years) . Humboldt has had some fine football players down through the years. I graduated from Union City Tenn high school in 1964 and at one time Humboldt was considered a powerhouse for a small high school. Bottom line, if Georgia has offered this player why should we
even question his possibility to develop . His size is obvious !

I have lived in West Tennessee all my life (76 years) . Humboldt has had some fine football players down through the years. I graduated from Union City Tenn high school in 1964 and at one time Humboldt was considered a powerhouse for a small high school. Bottom line, if Georgia has offered this player why should we
even question his possibility to develop .
If I remember correctly, you definitely didn't want to play Humboldt back in the 90's either. I'm not sure about since then or before, but Humboldt was always pretty good.

even question his possibility to develop . His size is obvious !
uhhh, who questioned it? we are saying the same thing.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
iT COULD VERY WELL BE THE REASON HE IS ONLY A 3 STAR PRODUCT IS DUE TO IT BEING A VERY SMALL HIGH SCHOOL. THEY ARE SINGLE A !
BUT SINGLE A schools produce big time players. I live in Lake County and we have produced many college players that could have played for big time schools. We also have won several state championships. Ronald Hopkins played for Murray State and help the Calgary Stampeders win the I think they call it the Grey Cup....................Hopkins could have been a big time running back for any college in the coutry, but because he was from a small high school in West Tenn he was not given a chance. Coach Beamer who coached him at Murray State would tell you how good Hopkins was.

Reactions: 10nacvols
It’s the same questions I had about Ty Simpson. Will the play translate when they go up against better talent. Humboldt isn’t playing against very good talent. So is it just a big kid bullying smaller kids, or is it something that he can take to the next level? Would love for the kid to blow up and be an all American. Not trying to throw shade in any way. I just know who his team is going against and it’s not next level guys.
I will leave the evaluations to the "experts". If he were rated a 5 star playing against the same competition would you judge him a project player as well?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I grew up in Jackson (9 generations). Lot's of really good players have come out of the "Golden Circle" area.
Never the greatest competition.........but schools like Milan, Humboldt, Bruceton-Hollow Rock, Jackson Central Merry (in the past) and Huntington have had some really good programs for years.
I graduated with Al back in 95. Our senior year he had a really good team. Lost to then powerhouse Germantown in the playoffs (pretty sure it was them). Since then there haven't been many good teams in Jackson. I think North Side had like one good team back when they played hurd and his Beech team.

Reactions: peaygolf
If I remember correctly, you definitely didn't want to play Humboldt back in the 90's either. I'm not sure about since then or before, but Humboldt was always pretty good.
They haven't been good in a long time now. Sadly not really many good teams out of Gibson or Madison county.

I know he didn’t play for UT, but Patrick Willis also come from that area and same classification in football I believe. Also played against the same schools.
Exception to the rule, but I get the point. He was given a shot and didn’t look back. Metaphorically. He’s given a lot back to the city and school there in Bruceton

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back