'25 TN DL Stephon Shivers

REALLY Want!

giphy.gif

Why would you consider a massive 3 star defensive lineman a "huge" project player? If he has any potential at all he could go up in rating just by maturing over the next two years. If UT is serious, i am sure any weight issues will be handled.
It’s the same questions I had about Ty Simpson. Will the play translate when they go up against better talent. Humboldt isn’t playing against very good talent. So is it just a big kid bullying smaller kids, or is it something that he can take to the next level? Would love for the kid to blow up and be an all American. Not trying to throw shade in any way. I just know who his team is going against and it’s not next level guys.

Reactions: VolDaddy61
It’s the same questions I had about Ty Simpson. Will the play translate when they go up against better talent. Humboldt isn’t playing against very good talent. So is it just a big kid bullying smaller kids, or is it something that he can take to the next level? Would love for the kid to blow up and be an all American. Not trying to throw shade in any way. I just know who his team is going against and it’s not next level guys.
Yea he plays against terrible talent, but so did Trey Teague and Trey Smith. They worked out okay.

Back in the 70's and 80's, Humboldt was a pretty strong, solid high school program.

Back in the 70's and 80's, Humboldt was a pretty strong, solid high school program.

One of the people widely considered a legendary UT athlete is from Humboldt - Doug Atkins.

Humboldt has lost a lot since the early 90's. A lot of parents left the school system for South Gibson (3 way/Medina) which means the attendance and resources to the schools went way down. The quality of the education did as well. So some kids also went to Trenton that stayed on the geographical side of town which explains the rise of Trenton football as well.

Maybe Tyson Foods will help over the long-term though.

But he hasn’t even played his junior year yet. It’s way to early to say he is a project. I am sure he will be camping at places and face other competition. He has 4-5 sec offers at this point spot is safe to say many are interested at this point. GBO

Reactions: bigl3327
Yea he plays against terrible talent, but so did Trey Teague and Trey Smith. They worked out okay.
We have had many players from rural west Tennessee make huge impacts with the Vols. Especially in the 80’s and 90’s but even recently with Trey Smith. The towns of Milan and Humbolt among others have produced us some good ones.

I grew up in Jackson (9 generations). Lot's of really good players have come out of the "Golden Circle" area.
Never the greatest competition.........but schools like Milan, Humboldt, Bruceton-Hollow Rock, Jackson Central Merry (in the past) and Huntington have had some really good programs for years.

VN Store

Back