Titanfall

I got kinda bored with it.

That seems to be the general consensus. Just not enough variety to keep people hooked for more than a month. Like I said, if it drops to $40 (which it probably will within the month) then I'll probably pick it up. Can't justify dropping $60 on it.

I finally played it this week on one of my old 360s. The biggest problem for me was the lack of immersion in the world of TitanFall. I felt like I was playing some free FPS with great controls. It needs some form of a real campaign (co-op or single player) that tells a story. I think because the setting is unrelatable (unlike BF) it needs that background like a Halo game has.

Still the biggest issue is many of us are brunt out on this format of multiplayer. I have played multiplayer online since Halflife 1 (CS, TFC, DoD, etc.), and I have reached a point after buying every COD game that I need a game changer. The last game changer in the FPS market was COD4, and I have no idea what the next game changer will be, but it's not this. Destiny might be, but is it too much like Halo?

Funny my all time favorite multiplayer game was TFC (TF2 was good too) which had no story, but it was so different than anything else (still is).

Also I am worried about TitanFall 2. Respawn needs to grow to handle putting out a game that has a good campaign. They have the talent, but I question the manpower. Hopefully I am wrong and TitanFall 2 comes out for the PS4 and X1 with not only a fun multiplayer, but an awesome campaign (as good as COD4's campaign).

I finally played it this week on one of my old 360s. The biggest problem for me was the lack of immersion in the world of TitanFall. I felt like I was playing some free FPS with great controls. It needs some form of a real campaign (co-op or single player) that tells a story. I think because the setting is unrelatable (unlike BF) it needs that background like a Halo game has.

Still the biggest issue is many of us are brunt out on this format of multiplayer. I have played multiplayer online since Halflife 1 (CS, TFC, DoD, etc.), and I have reached a point after buying every COD game that I need a game changer. The last game changer in the FPS market was COD4, and I have no idea what the next game changer will be, but it's not this. Destiny might be, but is it too much like Halo?

Funny my all time favorite multiplayer game was TFC (TF2 was good too) which had no story, but it was so different than anything else (still is).

Also I am worried about TitanFall 2. Respawn needs to grow to handle putting out a game that has a good campaign. They have the talent, but I question the manpower. Hopefully I am wrong and TitanFall 2 comes out for the PS4 and X1 with not only a fun multiplayer, but an awesome campaign (as good as COD4's campaign).

TFC is probably my favorite FPS of all time right there with CS. I loved how in TFC if you sniped someone in the head their whole body exploded.

After playing this game for the last couple of weeks, here are some things I'd like to see for the sequel..

1.) A good story-driven single player campaign

2.) More Titan customization. I'd love for them to add the same level of customization as Forza where we can paint our Titans, add decals, etc.

3.) An Arena Battle mode! This would be fun as hell! Just you and another Titan battling to the death mono-a-mono! Make it very "Roman Colosseum" where it puts you in a huge venu with thousands of spectators cheering!

4.) A 3rd person view option, especially when in Titan mode.

5.) Greater variety of Titans. How about a "crab" or "spider" like Titan that can crawl up the side of buildings? How about different classes of Titans that emphasize different advantages? IE, faster titans, slower, more powerful titans, etc.

Last edited:
After playing this game for the last couple of weeks, here are some things I'd like to see for the sequel..

1.) A good story-driven single player campaign

2.) More Titan customization. I'd love for them to add the same level of customization as Forza where we can paint our Titans, add decals, etc.

3.) An Arena Battle mode! This would be fun as hell! Just you and another Titan battling to the death mono-a-mono! Make it very "Roman Colosseum" where it puts you in a huge venu with thousands of spectators cheering!

4.) A 3rd person view option, especially when in Titan mode.

5.) Greater variety of Titans. How about a "crab" or "spider" like Titan that can crawl up the side of buildings? How about different classes of Titans that emphasize different advantages? IE, faster titans, slower, more powerful titans, etc.

I agree with 2 and 5, more customization would be great. I understand there are some people who really like single player campaigns but I would rather just multi-player than a half assed campaign added on.

I like this game. Its just gotten extremely repetitive

Luckily I one play this once a week, so it is still new to me every time I play lol.

Agreed. I still play it occasionally, but it's not a title I keep going back to like Battlefield, Halo, etc. were. I don't know why that's the case...

Someone on another forum described Titanfall perfectly. They said its like Chinese food. It's good and fills you up initially but ultimately leaves you hungry again.

Forza is really the best reason to own an X1 right now.

Last edited:
The auto team balancing is garbage in Titanfall.

Was playing with a friend last night. Our team loses like 10 in a row with very mismatched teams. We finally just back out and try to find a more balanced server. We win a couple games and it moves us into a new server. With our new team being mostly new players and our opponents being a bunch of maxed out level players we proceed to get our asses kicked. This continues for about 8 games. We back out again. This continues for most of the night.

Was playing with a friend today. Every server it put us in was on a team of new players matched up against good players.

Last edited:
The auto team balancing is garbage in Titanfall.

Was playing with a friend last night. Our team loses like 10 in a row with very mismatched teams. We finally just back out and try to find a more balanced server. We win a couple games and it moves us into a new server. With our new team being mostly new players and our opponents being a bunch of maxed out level players we proceed to get our asses kicked. This continues for about 8 games. We back out again. This continues for most of the night.

Was playing with a friend today. Every server it put us in was on a team of new players matched up against good players.

Yeah the match making is terrible. Numerous times I would be teamed with new people playing against regeneration level 5 people.

Traded this in for $42. Took advantage of the GS 50% extra bonus. Titanfall just isn't ready yet. Titanfall 2 really needs to be a big improvement: campaign, in-depth multiplayer, variety, etc.

Traded this in for $42. Took advantage of the GS 50% extra bonus. Titanfall just isn't ready yet. Titanfall 2 really needs to be a big improvement: campaign, in-depth multiplayer, variety, etc.

Yeah, too bad mine was the digital freebie that came with the system or I would have traded mine in as well.

Ive pretty much quit playing this game. Only got to level 46. Just can't get in to it anymore. Just bored after the first match or two. Ready for the new CoD

What's killing this game on the PC front is lack of mod support. It's a great game. Fun....just doesn't have the longetivity it could have due to no mod support like every good PC shooter should have.

VN Store

Back