Titanfall

I'm not trying to be a hater but y does this game only 792p

Probably because this game was also designed to run on the 360. There's also reports of bad frame rate dips and screen tearing. Probably should have kept it an Xbone exclusive. It would have benefitted from the keeping it focused on newer hardware. Plus it would have sold a lot more Xbone units.

Probably because this game was also designed to run on the 360. There's also reports of bad frame rate dips and screen tearing. Probably should have kept it an Xbone exclusive. It would have benefitted from the keeping it focused on newer hardware. Plus it would have sold a lot more Xbone units.

I agree with this

They should have def kept it as an Xbone exclusive.

Seriously. $500 system and it can't handle 1080p/60. I don't understand that.

I've experienced some frame rate drops even at the lower resolution. Not many, but it does happen.

Seriously. $500 system and it can't handle 1080p/60. I don't understand that.

I've experienced some frame rate drops even at the lower resolution. Not many, but it does happen.

The gap in hardware performance between the two consoles will grow even more over the next two years

The gap in hardware performance between the two consoles will grow even more over the next two years

It's seriously amazing how much the X1 is struggling right out of the gate. Several games running at 1080p with no problem on the PS4 and the X1 struggles with them.

Looks like Sony's switch to an x86 architecture that's properly supported is going to really pay off.

Sorry to derail. I want to hear some Titanfall impressions. I played the beta and thought it was pretty wild. Lots of stuff happening everywhere.

It's seriously amazing how much the X1 is struggling right out of the gate. Several games running at 1080p with no problem on the PS4 and the X1 struggles with them.

Looks like Sony's switch to an x86 architecture that's properly supported is going to really pay off.

Sorry to derail. I want to hear some Titanfall impressions. I played the beta and thought it was pretty wild. Lots of stuff happening everywhere.

Its like Sony learned its lesson from the last gen and M$ decided that it would change their ways and make the same mistake that Sony did. They literally switched roles in console gaming.

Shipping at 792. Devs have said they are working on it and will release an update to bump it in the future.

Titanfall ships at 792p on Xbox One, post-release resolution 'likely to increase' | Joystiq

This is why I said I would gladly let Xbox gamers beta test the first version of this game and wait for the sequel when it comes out on PS4. Plus I still think trying to make this game run on the 360 held back development for the Xbone and PC versions. I'm hoping the sequel will use a more advanced engine like the Frostbyte 3 (Battlefield 4) engine or maybe the new Unreal engine.

Last edited:
Its like Sony learned its lesson from the last gen and M$ decided that it would change their ways and make the same mistake that Sony did. They literally switched roles in console gaming.

What mistake are you referring to that MS made?

Titanfall is an okay game but it doesn't have the feel of a blockbuster title to me. There's not enough meat to compete with the CODs or BFs, IMO. Maybe i will change my tune as I play it more.

My hope remains that Destiny and The Division are game changers. As of today, there's still no reason to own a next gen system.

Titanfall is an okay game but it doesn't have the feel of a blockbuster title to me. There's not enough meat to compete with the CODs or BFs, IMO. Maybe i will change my tune as I play it more.

My hope remains that Destiny and The Division are game changers. As of today, there's still no reason to own a next gen system.

I think Titanfall is more of a glimpse of potential than a fully realised game. Remember, Call of Duty didn't become...well...Call of Duty until Modern Warfare came out. Hopefully Titanfall will evolve much sooner and it does have the benefit of starting out on much better hardware than COD originally did.

What I hope for future versions of this series is...

1.) A meaningful single player campaign mode
2.) A more updated next gen engine
3.) Bigger matches than just 6 on 6
4.) Mech customizations (paint schemes, parts,
weapons systems, etc)
5.) Private Lobbies/Custom matches

there is a TON of potential with this franchise not yet fully realised. Hopefully with EA's financial backing they will give this developer the support it needs to make this series all it can be.

I think Titanfall is more of a glimpse of potential than a fully realised game. Remember, Call of Duty didn't become...well...Call of Duty until Modern Warfare came out. Hopefully Titanfall will evolve much sooner and it does have the benefit of starting out on much better hardware than COD originally did.

weapons systems, etc)

there is a TON of potential with this franchise not yet fully realised. Hopefully with EA's financial backing they will give this developer the support it needs to make this series all it can be.

Ah the good ole days of COD4

Reactions: 1 person

From only three days with it, M25 is a very good reason to own a next gen system......JMO.

Their biggest mistake, IMO, was going with ESRAM and DDR3 RAM instead of what the PS4 went with in the GDDR5. Its just not possible for the xbone to have the same framerate and resolution as the PS4 will.....just will never be possible.

From only three days with it, M25 is a very good reason to own a next gen system......JMO.

Their biggest mistake, IMO, was going with ESRAM and DDR3 RAM instead of what the PS4 went with in the GDDR5. Its just not possible for the xbone to have the same framerate and resolution as the PS4 will.....just will never be possible.
I have Madden but I just don't play it enough to know.

weapons systems, etc)

Fair points. I'm just disappointed to see a "glimpse" after all the hype this game received.

The slower DDR3/ESRAM configuration is only part of the Xbone's design problems. It also allocates a larger portion of that RAM for the operating system footprint. Remember, the Xbone runs 3 separate operating systems; one for Live, one for Kinect, and one for the UI. Each OS taking up about 1 GB of RAM. That only leaves a total of approx 5 GB of RAM for gaming performance. The PS4 on the other hand only runs 1 centralized OS that eats up nearly 2 GB of RAM, leaving a little over 6GB for gaming performance. That's about a 1 GB advantage for the PS4. It may not seem like a lot but 1GB can make a huge difference! Plus the PS4's GDDR RAM is faster! The system memory bandwidth on PS4 is 176.0 GB's compared to only 68.3 GB's on the Xbone.

Another performance advantage the PS4 has over Xbone is in the graphics chip. The PS4 chip can do up to 50% more raw shaders than the Xbone graphics chip. Peak shader throughput on PS4 is 1.84 teraflops compared to only 1.23 teraflops on Xbone.

No matter how you slice it, the PS4 IS the better performer by a considerable margin and (thanks to MS forcing Kinect into the box), the cheaper console.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back