'Tis the season: Guns ! Guns ! Guns!

I do not view fully automatic weapons the same as semi and there does have to be a line drawn some where. I am a proud concealed carry but the idea of anything goes if it makes me happy is frightening.

I also believe that everyone should be require a two week waiting period and a twenty hour class with each purchase and yes I am serious m.

I gad to have continuing ed with my insurance license and we are talking guns here.

What would any of those things solve? Criminals intent on doing harm will not follow your "rules"

The answer to these school shootings is training, train the principal, teachers how to use and carry a firearm.

What would any of those things solve? Criminals intent on doing harm will not follow your "rules"

The answer to these school shootings is training, train the principal, teachers how to use and carry a firearm.

So long as those principals and teachers were capable of actually using the guns in the event... Being emotionally abble to pull a trigger on someone isn't as easy as it may sound. If someone doesn't have the mindset to be able to do that then a gun is worse than worthless to them and the kids depending on them for protection....

I am also against the sale of second hand fire arms.

First the episode in Washington State at the mall, now the one in Connecticut at the elementary school. When will you guys finally admit that guns possession in this country is way, way too easy?

You have to accept the fact that these types of people are out there and banning guns will do nothing to stop them.

Incidents like this are a reflection of our society. Not gun policy.

We need to go to the root of the issue. Banning guns does nothing to that end.

The dude could have killed hundreds or thousands of children today and it would have zero affect on my gun control stance.

My stance is based in logic and reason. Democrats, President Obama, and LG are trying to make emotional appeals for changing gun control laws. Whenever one or society starts to makes decisions based on emotion rather than reason, bad results are soon to follow.

Thoughts are with the victims and all those involved.

As a side, and not to make joke... But I swear wolf blitzer is a robot that is only capable of one facial stare. It's creepy as hell.

lol can someone not do with their property as they wish?

No, not really.

If you work with hazardous waste you can't just dump it in the river.

If you work with nuclear material and your plant no longer needs it you can't just put out in the back yard.

We have laws all over the place on how to dispose of something you no longer need or want.

I feel a gun would fall under one of these.

The dude could have killed hundreds or thousands of children today and it would have zero affect on my gun control stance.

My stance is based in logic and reason. Democrats, President Obama, and LG are trying to make emotional appeals for changing gun control laws. Whenever one or society starts to makes decisions based on emotion rather than reason, bad results are soon to follow.

I don't agree with LG on is stance of fire arms but there are some things that need cleaned up.

It is too easy to get a fire arm.

If there was a law that states you cannot have a firearm in the house if anyone living there has a mental disease this may of not happen. This "crazy guy" had easy access to guns through his brother.

I don't agree with LG on is stance of fire arms but there are some things that need cleaned up.

It is too easy to get a fire arm.

If there was a law that states you cannot have a firearm in the house if anyone living there has a mental disease this may of not happen. This "crazy guy" had easy access to guns through his brother.

1) How do you accurately discern who has the mental capacity to do something like this?

2) If you could somehow figure out the question above, what is preventing said person from obtaining a gun illegally and doing those same actions as earlier today?

1) How do you accurately discern who has the mental capacity to do something like this?

2) If you could somehow figure out the question above, what is preventing said person from obtaining a gun illegally and doing those same actions as earlier today?

Lg is about to get a stiffy on this but here it goes...

I had to answer questions to get my guns.

You add this question...has anyone in the household in the past 5 years been prescribed any medication for mental illness or disease or visited a psychiatrist?

if you answer yes you are no longer eligible.

it wont knock everything out but it will reduce who has guns.

if you lie on the app and something happens you are now charged with the crime also.

You add this question...has anyone in the household in the past 5 years been prescribed any medication for mental illness or disease or visited a psychiatrist?

if you lie on the app and something happens you are now charged with the crime also.

What counts as mental illness, mental disease, or a visit to a psychiatrist?

I am on medication, I have anxiety disorders, and I have mental health coverage through the VA for the rest of my life, so I see my psychiatrist once every three months in order to get refills. Should I be prohibited from purchasing firearms?

What about the hundreds of thousands of veterans who also have pretty routine mental health problems?

I can understand your sentiment for wanting to do this.

Logically though, it is not an effective strategy to prevent such occurrences from happening in the future.

Enter my home without permission and do not identify yourself is a direct threat to my family. Consider yourself warned.

^This

You get em, Cletus.

Being a smartass won't keep me from dropping you dead if you are in my home without permission. Not trigger happy but I am a redneck and believe that no one is entitled to my property but me and mine.

Reactions: 1 person
What we need is more guns that can be stolen by criminals. /s

There's nothing we can do about it now that there is an overabundance of firearms in this country.

The only thing we can do is educate about gun safety and proper ways to store guns so they can't be stolen so easily.

We can give them to Mexican drug cartels and just say move on nothing to see.

So if anyone in my household has been to a shrink or been medicated for mental issues I can't get a gun??!?? Sorry dude.... I could see THEM not being able to get one but ME?! Fortunately for Americans everywhere you're not in any postion of authority to implement that idea...

BTW, they make you jump through a lot of hoops to get your gun and carry permit. I would know. You should know that criminals aren't obtaining or carrying legally 99% of the time.

Actually it isn't a "gun permit", it is a concealed carry permit. It isn't hard to get, just take the class and pay the fees. Be prepared to be told that even if you are justified in dropping someone you will be dragged through the court system unmercifully.

I can understand your sentiment for wanting to do this.

Logically though, it is not an effective strategy to prevent such occurrences from happening in the future.

I'm a a big 2nd amendment guy, and I agree.

That said, I have no problem with things like simple background checks and keeping guns out of the hands of convicted felons. I believe there is a reasonable middle ground here somewhere.

I don't know if the suspected shooter had any issues in his background, or if he would have not been permitted to get a firearm otherwise, but I do believe that an armed security guard or a teacher with a weapon could have saved lives. Without a means of self-defense present on the school grounds, everybody in that school was just a target. It's sad, all the way around.

TRUT to be honest I'm amazed you're not already out in the Middle East with a bunch of freedom fighters helping the Muslim Brotherhood gain more power...

Yes, you would not qualify. You are dealing with post traumatic stress and could be a hair trigger. Sorry guy, no guns for you. I'm glad you are on meds though. Makes me feel a little better.

:)

I am not arguing that it will solve anything. I am saying that there is no harm in possessing a firearm. There is harm in using a firearm to shoot another human being. The former ought not be outlawed and/or restricted. The latter ought to be prohibited.

Last I checked, murder was illegal in all 57 states.

Actually it isn't a "gun permit", it is a concealed carry permit. It isn't hard to get, just take the class and pay the fees. Be prepared to be told that even if you are justified in dropping someone you will be dragged through the court system unmercifully.

I remember sitting through this class thinking "wow this guy is making it real clear its almost better to get killed than to deal with the courts" and then looking around the room and thinking "holy **** these people are all packing now and that one guy doesnt even have all his teeth." That latter part worried me quite about.

VN Store

Back