'Tis the season: Guns ! Guns ! Guns!

Correct; it ought not be restricted.

So long as one does not steal the firearm, I see nothing that ought to be illegal regarding their possession of said firearm.

TRUT, we disagree on most everything we talk about, but you have just won my undying friendship and are welcome to come to the house for a beer and some ribs anytime you want to.

Enter my home without permission and do not identify yourself is a direct threat to my family. Consider yourself warned.

I would look for escape for me and my family first, just my opinion.

However, if escape isn't a viable option the only warning dude will get is the sound of me putting a round in the chamber.

TRUT to be honest I'm amazed you're not already out in the Middle East with a bunch of freedom fighters helping the Muslim Brotherhood gain more power...

Must get that Ph.D. first; propaganda pamphlets are much more alluring with Dr. on them.

Yes, you would not qualify. You are dealing with post traumatic stress and could be a hair trigger. Sorry guy, no guns for you. I'm glad you are on meds though. Makes me feel a little better.

:)

This makes me sad. If all hell breaks loose, you probably actually want me armed. After all, I am not going to be the guy fighting with the side that is trying to get rid of liberties; and, if I may say so myself, I am a damn good shot.

TRUT, we disagree on most everything we talk about, but you have just won my undying friendship and are welcome to come to the house for a beer and some ribs anytime you want to.

Sounds good. If you are ever in Boston, the beer is on me.

As much as many disagree with me on here, at least know that I would never do anything to impose, through government sanctions, anything on anyone. I'll argue; I'll harass; I'll even berate; but pushing for legislation against you...not happening.

Reactions: 2 people
Must get that Ph.D. first; propaganda pamphlets are much more alluring with Dr. on them.

This makes me sad. If all hell breaks loose, you probably actually want me armed. After all, I am not going to be the guy fighting with the side that is trying to get rid of liberties; and, if I may say so myself, I am a damn good shot.

You know I like you or I wouldn't kid but there has to be some line.

There were guns in the same house as this kid so the line was not where it needed to be. It should have been difficult for him to ever be within 100 feet of a gun.

Actually it isn't a "gun permit", it is a concealed carry permit. It isn't hard to get, just take the class and pay the fees. Be prepared to be told that even if you are justified in dropping someone you will be dragged through the court system unmercifully.

In fairness to C4V22 it does vary some depending on where you live. TN doesn't actually have a "concealed" permit but merely a carry permit. (concealment not required) And there's a little more than just taking the class; pretty thorough background check, fingerprinting, etc.

OTOH some states require no permit at all. If you can legally own the weapon you can carry.

You know I like you or I wouldn't kid but there has to be some line.

There were guns in the same house as this kid so the line was not where it needed to be. It should have been difficult for him to ever be within 100 feet of a gun.

I think there are too many lines. It might not be correct to state that had adults at this school been armed, this would not have happened. However, I think it is correct to say that it would not have been any worse. Further, I think it is reasonable to suppose that someone would have been able to bring the situation to an end a lot sooner. Would children still have died? Most likely; and, that is tragic.

I also think that there are more cost effective ways to improve the safety of society than in administering a bunch of paperwork and overseeing gun sales, tracking gun transfers, etc., etc. Spend that money on erecting better defensive measures at schools. Sell more firearms, collect the taxes, and put that money to more protective measures around town (of course, ideally, this would all be privatized and untaxed).

This whole debate is annoying, as are those staunchly on either side of it every time something like these things happens.

The dude could have killed hundreds or thousands of children today and it would have zero affect on my gun control stance.

My stance is based in logic and reason. Democrats, President Obama, and LG are trying to make emotional appeals for changing gun control laws. Whenever one or society starts to makes decisions based on emotion rather than reason, bad results are soon to follow.

Makes me wonder why people want to ban nuclear weapons.

I think there are too many lines. It might not be correct to state that had adults at this school been armed, this would not have happened. However, I think it is correct to say that it would not have been any worse. Further, I think it is reasonable to suppose that someone would have been able to bring the situation to an end a lot sooner. Would children still have died? Most likely; and, that is tragic.

I also think that there are more cost effective ways to improve the safety of society than in administering a bunch of paperwork and overseeing gun sales, tracking gun transfers, etc., etc. Spend that money on erecting better defensive measures at schools. Sell more firearms, collect the taxes, and put that money to more protective measures around town (of course, ideally, this would all be privatized and untaxed).

I agree people should have been armed. I also believe all schools should be on lock down during the day and there must be a buzz through process where you have to go through a certain section that has a metal detector. This would have eliminated what happened today as he would have never made it pass the front door.

Yea, that staunchly being on the side of freedom thing is so annoying. Middle of the road is so much better.

Oh **** off, you know exactly what I am saying. The reasoning behind the argument is fine, the idiots that perpetuate a completely irrelevant argument are mostly insufferable.

Oh **** off, you know exactly what I am saying. The reasoning behind the argument is fine, the idiots that perpetuate a completely irrelevant argument are mostly insufferable.

Oh my, touchy one. Hope you aren't ever in the possession of a firearm. Little unstable.

And yes, I called the gun control argument irrelevant. Any trampling on your freedoms can, should, and will be struck down as unconstitutional

I agree people should have been armed. I also believe all schools should be on lock down during the day and there must be a buzz through process where you have to go through a certain section that has a metal detector. This would have eliminated what happened today as he would have never made it pass the front door.

Not to get us off too far on a tangent but, dear God man, do you even realize what you're admitting about our current society to make such an observation?

Oh my, touchy one. Hope you aren't ever in the possession of a firearm. Little unstable.

There is absolutely no clear cut answer to this. You can't throw around the freedom word when there are people clearly not capable of gun ownership.

There is absolutely no clear cut answer to this. You can't throw around the freedom word when there are people clearly not capable of gun ownership.

You kidding? Every swinging dick on the planet should be handed one. But not the women, their hands are too small to properly handle a firearm

And yes, I called the gun control argument irrelevant. Any trampling on your freedoms can, should, and will be struck down as unconstitutional

The 2nd Amendment should be reviewed. Not necessarily revised at all, but a civil discussion should be had without one extreme or the other crying (I'm look at those in the"from my cold, dead hands" crowd, specifically.)

Saying that this event proves the need for gun control is not political. It's common sense.

The right dismissing valid calls for gun control as "political" are disgusting. And whats more, dismissing calls for gun control as political insults those poor children and their families.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back