Time to call the Florida game?

Honestly think there are so many question marks at UF that predicting a game a month from now is a fool's errand.
How are you feeling about this game? Congrats on the win but if Utah and USF doesn’t make costly mistakes on their final drives, you could be 0-3. That’s part of football but also very telling, you are the new cardiac kids.

How are you feeling about this game? Congrats on the win but if Utah and USF doesn’t make costly mistakes on their final drives, you could be 0-3. That’s part of football but also very telling, you are the new cardiac kids.

UF lacks depth and is inconsistent. UT is good, not great. I think UT easily wins this game. But in the end both teams have a looooonnngggg way to go to threaten to win the SECe.

Best way to predict future outcomes is past outcomes………based on a constant.

Tennessee has basically changed its entire organization.

There is also a different coach, doing things much differently. Different players being coached differently and I think we can see actually being developed.

I firmly believe Tennessee will beat Florida. However if they do not in NO way will it be “because of the past.”

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Best way to predict future outcomes is past outcomes………based on a constant.

Tennessee has basically changed its entire organization.

There is also a different coach, doing things much differently. Different players being coached differently and I think we can see actually being developed.

I firmly believe Tennessee will beat Florida. However if they do not in NO way will it be “because of the past.”

Exactly… I believe even as far back as Fulmer’s latter years player development was almost non-existent…. There are several examples with this staff in the last 2 years of significant progression

Reactions: JoAllan
UF lacks depth and is inconsistent. UT is good, not great. I think UT easily wins this game. But in the end both teams have a looooonnngggg way to go to threaten to win the SECe.
I like your run game but if you run up against someone that can slow down or stop your running game, you are in trouble. I can see more teams stacking the box until AR proves he can be consistent in the passing game but I think you can still do more on offense if WRs and AR step up.

My concern from yesterday wasn’t your running game, it was stopping the run. I haven’t checked the box scores of KY or Utah, so was yesterday an anomaly or have you struggled against the run early this season?

You can analyze this game however you want. It comes down to Florida vs Tennessee on the field. I've been a Vol fan my entire life and I've witnessed the insanity of Tennessee finding the most imaginative ways possible to lose this game over and over again. Until they prove me wrong on a regular basis, Florida comes into Neyland and hands us another L. Name whatever reason you want, but Florida owns the Vols in football and the previous 20 year record proves it.

Indications are that UF will be a run first team. A win might look like the USCe game last year when the Vols got a couple of stops and put up points quick.

I am concerned about your close game scenario. That might make it a matter of who can get 4 yds rushing consistently... which favors the team with the better D.

UT and UF have essentially traded places from the Fulmer vs Spurrier days. Spurrier consistently took Fulmer out of his "pound the rock" strategy. UT needs to get a lead to get UF out of their gameplan.
Good synopsis, if UF gets behind I can see them pressing and making more mistakes.

For me, bottom line is, stop Richardson from having a big day rushing the ball, you win.

Reactions: sjt18
Good synopsis, if UF gets behind I can see them pressing and making more mistakes.

For me, bottom line is, stop Richardson from having a big day rushing the ball, you win.
That and the thought won't leave my head now that UT can't allow him to throw WR screens. Akron exposed a soft spot when UT pressures.

Reactions: secking
I don’t think Florida has as much talent as y’all give them credit for. When 3 or 4 guys transfer from Louisiana and are immediate starters, that’s a sign of a depleted roster. Guys don’t usually go from Sun Belt to SEC and beat out SEC studs.
Of our 3 best offensive players, 2 transferred from ULL and one is a freshman from Louisiana that Billy was already recruiting. This is your year to get us. Next year we may be back.

I hope it’s not a game in the 4th quarter. I’ll be convinced we will find a way to lose it then. Luckily I think we have a chance to crush their spirit early

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Okay okay I'll be that guy....Damn bro did we really need another one of these threads??🤣🤣🤣
Omg my dogs gonna die and my wife's tits are gonna drag the floor what have you donnnnnnnne...

VN Store

Back