Time to call the Florida game?

secking

It’s time.

It’s hard to ignore the signs, everything pointing to a Vol beatdown on the Gators, it’s set up perfect, or is it?

While I’m sold on UF QB Richardson as an athlete, I’m not sold quite yet on him as a passer. Everyone keeps speaking about his growth, and while that should be the norm, most still believe Mullen to be a good to great QB coach. How much will losing Mullen hurt that growth?

On the other side, I do believe in Hooker and second year under Heupel should be able to turn another page of the playbook loose in Hooker’s hands.

UT has the edge on offense. Duh, right? UF has the edge on defense. Duh, right?

Let’s talk defense, biggest question is how big of a leap does the defense take this year? Will Heupel slow the offense just enough to allow them to collect their breath? That’s the difference in 7 wins vs 9 wins imo. Kiffin learned to slow just enough to not run his defense into a losing situation. The result? Ole Miss won 10 games in the regular season for the first time ever. Heupel can do the same. UF’s defense still has playmakers and should be at least decent if not good.

2nd year with coaches is the “magic year”where the good coaches have their most improvement. We will know at the end of the 2nd year in most cases if “that’s the guy” for a program. Meyer, Saban, Richt, Smart, etc all saw their biggest jump year 2.

This IS the year, everything aligns for a Vol win over Florida. Everyone keeps saying they have to see it to believe it, definition of faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things unseen. Do you have faith?

UT 38 UF 30

I don't think it's fair to expect a big improvement in year 2. This roster still has a couple of seasons to go to fix all the damage done by the last 2 coaches. I will be happy if we get 8 wins.

I'm interested to see what Florida looks like this weekend. They have talent. Can Billy get them to all pull in the same direction? We'll see.

I don’t think Florida has as much talent as y’all give them credit for. When 3 or 4 guys transfer from Louisiana and are immediate starters, that’s a sign of a depleted roster. Guys don’t usually go from Sun Belt to SEC and beat out SEC studs.

I don't think it's fair to expect a big improvement in year 2. This roster still has a couple of seasons to go to fix all the damage done by the last 2 coaches. I will be happy if we get 8 wins.
You think Heup needs til 2024 to fix what Butch Jones did in 2017? Jones' recruits will have kids in high school by then.
I think he has until 2023 to fix Pruitt's misses, but it's just excuses after that. Heup ain't gonna need them though, cuz he's got this train turned around in 2022!

I don’t think Florida has as much talent as y’all give them credit for. When 3 or 4 guys transfer from Louisiana and are immediate starters, that’s a sign of a depleted roster. Guys don’t usually go from Sun Belt to SEC and beat out SEC studs.
Florida is really lacking in a lot of areas. They might have a dude that was highly rated in high school, but it doesn't mean he's talented now.

It’s time.

It’s hard to ignore the signs, everything pointing to a Vol beatdown on the Gators, it’s set up perfect, or is it?

While I’m sold on UF QB Richardson as an athlete, I’m not sold quite yet on him as a passer. Everyone keeps speaking about his growth, and while that should be the norm, most still believe Mullen to be a good to great QB coach. How much will losing Mullen hurt that growth?

On the other side, I do believe in Hooker and second year under Heupel should be able to turn another page of the playbook loose in Hooker’s hands.

UT has the edge on offense. Duh, right? UF has the edge on defense. Duh, right?

Let’s talk defense, biggest question is how big of a leap does the defense take this year? Will Heupel slow the offense just enough to allow them to collect their breath? That’s the difference in 7 wins vs 9 wins imo. Kiffin learned to slow just enough to not run his defense into a losing situation. The result? Ole Miss won 10 games in the regular season for the first time ever. Heupel can do the same. UF’s defense still has playmakers and should be at least decent if not good.

2nd year with coaches is the “magic year”where the good coaches have their most improvement. We will know at the end of the 2nd year in most cases if “that’s the guy” for a program. Meyer, Saban, Richt, Smart, etc all saw their biggest jump year 2.

This IS the year, everything aligns for a Vol win over Florida. Everyone keeps saying they have to see it to believe it, definition of faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things unseen. Do you have faith?

UT 38 UF 30

Nah man our season doesn’t start until we play Georgia , Im just considering them all wins until then . Calling it now .. UT 28- Doggs 17 . SMH

Florida is just a mental block for UT even when teams are comparable we find a way to lose. We make such a spectacle of this game every year and psych ourself out imo. We always have some big event or something huge planned for that weekend when we should just treat it like a regular game. We get in our own head. We have a legit shot to beat them this year. Need it to happen.

Honestly think there are so many question marks at UF that predicting a game a month from now is a fool's errand.
Concern with AR is the majority of his stats was against the small schools, even the rushing yards. That proves he’s capable but would like to see him be more consistent against better competition. Would like to see a jump in completion % over 65.

VN Store

Back