Tiffany's Thread (updates and prayers, and a place where she can smack Joe in public when he needs it :)

On a positive note, Tiffany and her dad just met with the Dr's. He's finally going to allow hospice care, and he did sign the dnr. I know that was hard, and I completely understand not wanting to give up. I just hope they can help her not suffer during the rest of this. It's going to be a rough evening for Tiffany, because her nurse is coming to do the ivig. She dud tell Tiffany we could load her up while doing it, and bring her back if we have to.

I reckon they're going to keep her on the bipap tonight, waiting on the medical expert to get here tonight. Tomorrow they're going to remove that, and just go to a canister of oxygen, keep her medicated for comfort, and pretty much let her go. She can't make it right now without the bipap, so they said she probably won't make it long after they take it off tomorrow. IDK, never been around anything this close, so IDK for sure if that means she'll pass tomorrow, or it'll take time depending on her body, I'm guessing maybe sometime tomorrow. Poor Tiffany, she cried all the way home, and her dad wants her to handle the arrangements cause he said he couldn't. She's going to need some prayers when her mom does leave us.

I reckon they're going to keep her on the bipap tonight, waiting on the medical expAllert to get here tonight. Tomorrow they're going to remove that, and just go to a canister of oxygen, keep her medicated for comfort, and pretty much let her go. She can't make it right now without the bipap, so they said she probably won't make it long after they take it off tomorrow. IDK, never been around anything this close, so IDK for sure if that means she'll pass tomorrow, or it'll take time depending on her body, I'm guessing maybe sometime tomorrow. Poor Tiffany, she cried all the way home, and her dad wants her to handle the arrangements cause he said he couldn't. She's going to need some prayers when her mom does leave us.
All I've got to offer is, be ready for anything. Don't anticipate.

I reckon they're going to keep her on the bipap tonight, waiting on the medical expert to get here tonight. Tomorrow they're going to remove that, and just go to a canister of oxygen, keep her medicated for comfort, and pretty much let her go. She can't make it right now without the bipap, so they said she probably won't make it long after they take it off tomorrow. IDK, never been around anything this close, so IDK for sure if that means she'll pass tomorrow, or it'll take time depending on her body, I'm guessing maybe sometime tomorrow. Poor Tiffany, she cried all the way home, and her dad wants her to handle the arrangements cause he said he couldn't. She's going to need some prayers when her mom does leave us.
I’m so sorry Joe, give Tiffany our love and tell her we’re thinking of her during this sad time.

I think Tiffany and the oldest sister have talked some sense into her dad. They explained to him what happens if she codes, and how much damage it would do, especially since the tumors have fractured bones already. Her mom wants a DNR, so he's on board with it now. *For now, cause the Florida sister found out, done called Tiffany screaming at her, and is allegedly on her way from Florida. Who knows, she may talk him out of it, but he knows that's what her mom wants. Tiffany has an appointment down the road a bit, and her nurse is spending the night for her treatment, so we're at the hospital now.
Maybe whoever kidnapped @Souce and @Behr can kidnap the Florida sister for you.....

Little update, they talked with the Drs, and gonna wait until tomorrow to start doing anything. That way if it does happen fast, it'll give time for everyone, especially grandkids, to get to see her. I left, didn't want to be in the way of everyone else, and the Dr said Tiffany could stay tonight with her dad. Plus, I didn't want to be around the idiot, just in case she does something.

Little update, they talked with the Drs, and gonna wait until tomorrow to start doing anything. That way if it does happen fast, it'll give time for everyone, especially grandkids, to get to see her. I left, didn't want to be in the way of everyone else, and the Dr said Tiffany could stay tonight with her dad. Plus, I didn't want to be around the idiot, just in case she does something.
Is “the idiot” in route from Florida or already there?

Is “the idiot” in route from Florida or already there?
She's there. Hopefully she doesn't get stupid, but I left just in case. It's not my wife or mom, so I'm trying to stay out of it. She hadn't done anything when I left, hopefully she has enough respect for the situation, and her parents not to cause a scene.

She's there. Hopefully she doesn't get stupid, but I left just in case. It's not my wife or mom, so I'm trying to stay out of it. She hadn't done anything when I left, hopefully she has enough respect for the situation, and her parents not to cause a scene.
And, respect the time of the visiting grandkids.

I don’t wish to seem morbid, but, when my mother passed, I wasn’t there. My sisters had been sitting vigil. Mom passed when they left her to get coffee. Her nurse told me privately that she didn’t believe that Mom would let go while her children were present. This stayed in my mind for many months.

If it is time for Tiffany’s mother to relinquish her mortal coil, may she do so peacefully. Prayers for you all.

I don’t wish to seem morbid, but, when my mother passed, I wasn’t there. My sisters had been sitting vigil. Mom passed when they left her to get coffee. Her nurse told me privately that she didn’t believe that Mom would let go while her children were present. This stayed in my mind for many months.

If it is time for Tiffany’s mother to relinquish her mortal coil, may she do so peacefully. Prayers for you all.
My husband's mom waited until we all left and went to our cars to get some sleep in the hospital parking lot (after we had each said everything we wanted to say to her - I promised her I would take care of her son and love him as hard as I possibly could). His sister got the call a couple of hours later that she was gone.

My husband's mom waited until we all left and went to our cars to get some sleep in the hospital parking lot (after we had each said everything we wanted to say to her - I promised her I would take care of her son and love him as hard as I possibly could). His sister got the call a couple of hours later that she was gone.
When last I saw my mother, she was as well as she could be at 92. It had been four months since my previous visit (a long time for me). We enjoyed each other’s company. She was nodding off towards the end of our visit. I kissed her on her forehead and told her I loved her. She died a few days later. The sister with whom I’ve been closest throughout my life told me that she thought Mom was waiting to see me one last time (my siblings had all seen her before my last visit). My heart aches a bit typing this.

This is so common. 😢

I've had some bumps with her family in the past, always over how Tiffany was treated, but they had apologized and things have been good for a while. I think Tiffany having so much trouble really got to them at some point, because they started really trying to be there for her several years ago. It was great to see how close they've gotten, and how much that meant to Tiffany. When Tiffany almost died in October, they came for a while that night. They called me after they left (I may have posted this), and apologized again for everything in the past. They said they could really see that all I ever did was take up for her. I act silly on here, mostly for fun and stress relief, and I think the majority of you know that. I sincerely try to live my best to be pleasing to God, nowhere near perfect or good, but I try to do right by my convictions. I could sincerely walk away smiling at someone cussing me out, but I do get in a different mode when it's over her, or the kids. That's what they said they understood, and thanked me for loving her that way. I'd forgiven them long ago, but that call made me feel better. I went to the hospital the other day, last time I saw her awake, because she wanted me to pray with her. Last thing she said to me was "I love you son, thank you for being you". I'm glad I have that, it meant a lot. I've cried for her, and Tiffany today, a little typing this. I hate it, don't want to lose her,but don't want her to suffer. That's why I get upset at the Florida sister, and call her an idiot. I shouldn't say that, but I do.

I've had some bumps with her family in the past, always over how Tiffany was treated, but they had apologized and things have been good for a while. I think Tiffany having so much trouble really got to them at some point, because they started really trying to be there for her several years ago. It was great to see how close they've gotten, and how much that meant to Tiffany. When Tiffany almost died in October, they came for a while that night. They called me after they left (I may have posted this), and apologized again for everything in the past. They said they could really see that all I ever did was take up for her. I act silly on here, mostly for fun and stress relief, and I think the majority of you know that. I sincerely try to live my best to be pleasing to God, nowhere near perfect or good, but I try to do right by my convictions. I could sincerely walk away smiling at someone cussing me out, but I do get in a different mode when it's over her, or the kids. That's what they said they understood, and thanked me for loving her that way. I'd forgiven them long ago, but that call made me feel better. I went to the hospital the other day, last time I saw her awake, because she wanted me to pray with her. Last thing she said to me was "I love you son, thank you for being you". I'm glad I have that, it meant a lot. I've cried for her, and Tiffany today, a little typing this. I hate it, don't want to lose her,but don't want her to suffer. That's why I get upset at the Florida sister, and call her an idiot. I shouldn't say that, but I do.
Danged onions, who's cutting onions up in here. Prayers Joe.

VN Store

Back