Tidbits on The Coaching Search and Pearl Leaving

Bill,
Hamilton was willing to pay Muschamp a ton more than Dooley was paid. The hang up was not money.
Hamilton also counts his shekels and knows exactly how much the difference to the AD of Pearl v. Buzzball is. Aside from that, he also has some big time boosters who built amazing facilities in hopes of establishing UT as a major power in bball.

Bill,
Hamilton was willing to pay Muschamp a ton more than Dooley was paid. The hang up was not money.
Hamilton also counts his shekels and knows exactly how much the difference to the AD of Pearl v. Buzzball is. Aside from that, he also has some big time boosters who built amazing facilities in hopes of establishing UT as a major power in bball.

I agree with this post. UT may come away paying less to a lesser known coach. But it won't be because we didn't try to pay more to the big boys first.

If Hammy's past record is in indicator, he will not pay the money to get Dixon. I would say Chris Mooney from Richmond is about his financial limit. Currently makes $700K and has a team in sweet 16. Hammy always takes the cheapest way out. Thats reality.

he paid more than that for a defensive coordinator. I don't think it will be the issue

Yes, that really brings to light what kind of person Pearl is. He wants $2 million while his assistants will be starving.

I am not a bit surprised, and I doubt any other people who knew this was Pearl's character are either. Guess we aren't nega-vols anymore. To paraphrase Dennis Green: "Bruce is who we thought he was"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Hammy's past record is in indicator, he will not pay the money to get Dixon. I would say Chris Mooney from Richmond is about his financial limit. Currently makes $700K and has a team in sweet 16. Hammy always takes the cheapest way out. Thats reality.

Have you read the 2007 Fulmer contract? Also, Pearl was paid very well, more than Jamie Dixon until last spring

Yes, that really brings to light what kind of person Pearl is. He wants $2 million while his assistants will be starving.

more brilliance from you. pearl clearly doesn't care about his assistants. you being in the room clarifies this.

Because I think Bruce had a part in trying to get them to lie. And he walks away with a mill and they get their salaries through July 31 and that's it. It will be tough times for those guys; and I just can't help feeling sorry for them.

we get it, it's always about what you think.

i think pearl demanded his salary be donated to the boys and girls clubs of the greaster knoxville area. it is clear this is the case.

Generally people do post what they think on message boards.

yes, generally people pass off their asinine assumptions as clear fact.

"bruce wanted more money. he clearly laughs at tony jones being unable to buy another round at roosters. he doesn't care that forbes kids are 'starving'."

Last edited:
Everybody gets that it's his opinion. No need to go freedom fighter in every post.

Last edited:
2.) Chris Mooney picking up serious steam. It appears he's going to be a very serious candidate.

If this is true and if he is hired I hope he works out better than the last Richmond coach that was here at U.T.

042108bjexecutive1_t607.jpg

:cray: :shakehead: :unsure: :ermm:

yes, generally people pass off their asinine assumptions as clear fact.

"bruce wanted more money. he clearly laughs at tony jones being unable to buy another round at roosters. he doesn't care that forbes kids are 'starving'."

If it concerns you so much perhaps you should quit reading. There is an ignore option for a reason.

Drama queen much?

Pearl fighting for $2MM for him has nothing to do with what he tried to get his assistants.

They can't fight for themselves? You can fault him for a lot of things. This is a silly one to go after.

I was under the impression that they receive their salaries just through this summer.

I just checked a KNS story, and it appears you're right. I thought the first story I read on the firing said they were getting paid an extra year. Yeah, I guess they will be feeling the recession like so many other people. That is a sad situation.

If his assistants had any sense they would have started saving thier money back in the fall- maybe even cut back to basic cable?

I'm in the minority I think. I have no problem with it. He's probably going to have to sit out for a couple years and the more money he gets the easier it is to fight through. No issues on my end. Assistants could have chimed in on their stake.

I'm in the minority I think. I have no problem with it. He's probably going to have to sit out for a couple years and the more money he gets the easier it is to fight through. No issues on my end. Assistants could have chimed in on their stake.

I agree. Its human nature to try to get more than you need or deserve. Doesnt make it right just sayin i dont fault the man for tryin.

VN Store

Back