Tidbits on The Coaching Search and Pearl Leaving

After the NCAA is going to come down on us because if his lie...he is getting a $1 million dollar buyout and he is cussing because it's not enough? Sickening to say the least.

Oh, trust me, I don't think either of those guys are very ethical, but they've got families. It's just a sad situation.

Agreed but you can't blame anyone but yourself. All will get lower coaching jobs and less money, but they will at least have jobs which is saying a lot more than actual struggling families that have been laid off.

Agreed but you can't blame anyone but yourself. All will get lower coaching jobs and less money, but they will at least have jobs which is saying a lot more than actual struggling families that have been laid off.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I wonder if our next coach will cuss?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm not sure how to link here but Wisconsin is a public records online state.

Just copy & paste this link & put in his name. You'll see four of the civil suits. I didn't look each one up but I don't think any involved women.

Simple Case Search

ha, I did it right

Keep calling Jamie Dixon until he tells you NO for goodness sake. And then call him once more just for good measure.

Why not? As I argued in another thread, dangle the prospect of up to a $1 million raise in front of him and it should get his attention.

It was Important for Pearl to get all the money he could get out of Tennessee because he knew he will not be coaching for a long while and certainly will not be making the kind of jack he had gotten accustom to!

5.) We haven't contacted Anthony Grant, and there appears to be nothing to the earlier reports.

What's going on with Grant? Is he really interested in finding another job? Is he wanting to leverage Alabama for something? What?

Thanks for the link...and glad to see a new poster on volnation.

You're welcome. I read here all the time but only posted a few times the other night. I'm in the minority here - I'm still grieving Bruce but I'm excited about seeing who our new coach will be, though, I'm totally expecting them to let us down.

I agree with throwing money at Jamie Dixon until he can't say no. I'm not sure on my second choice. We know Stevens won't leave Butler.

Oh, I meant to ask that. So the rumors that Grant is interested were wrong? I'd like to have him, too.

Stevens would leave Butler- just not sure he would throw himself into our mess! Hope am wrong!

You think so? He's lived most of his life in Indiana, I think, & the "experts" as in sportswriters say he'll never leave. I'm sure if he did he wouldn't touch us right now.

You think so? He's lived most of his life in Indiana, I think, & the "experts" as in sportswriters say he'll never leave. I'm sure if he did he wouldn't touch us right now.

Never is a long time- he is very calculated and will leave when the right opportunity presents itself.

HaHa if true Pearl should kiss Hammy on the Cheeks.. I have never heard of a Coach without contract get a buyout and his assistants. I am sure it happens but you can argue against it. I wish I could get fired for something and get a buyout.

You can't worry about what other people say about Stevens. YOu have to ask him yourself and if he says no, keep asking him and than ask him what will it take to get him to leave and come here.

Stevens is a guy who you want to set roots at UT. You shouldn't mind going all out to bring him to Knoxville. You get him here, he probably would stay for a long time.

Oh, trust me, I don't think either of those guys are very ethical, but they've got families. It's just a sad situation.

So you think Pearl lied first? I think Pearl lied at least one key assistant lied. I also think the cookout is not all that person lied about. If Pearl was Calhoun he would have had the assistant fired, continued to lie to the NCAA about stuff they couldn't prove while buying the silence of his asst
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Hammy's past record is in indicator, he will not pay the money to get Dixon. I would say Chris Mooney from Richmond is about his financial limit. Currently makes $700K and has a team in sweet 16. Hammy always takes the cheapest way out. Thats reality.

VN Store

Back