Those damn Trump kids

I wonder if Iran will pay us the over $400 million in other claims arising under the “Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act,” for court judgments for terrorist attacks against Americans.

If they have a good and wise leader they will, so probably not.

As much as I hate these people, I can't fault them for not adjusting their lifestyles just because our Secret Service requires over the top 24 hour protection for them. Melania insisting on remaining in a high rise in Manhattan when she could be in the White House is a different story though. The amount of money being spent to safeguard that building is insanely wasteful and unnecessary.

She has a beautiful apartment in Manhattan. I can see why she wouldn't want to move to Washington and live with that filthy old man.

Reactions: 6 people
I'll try to dumb it down more for you public school types next time.

lol...thanks. It is hard for us to revert back to 3rd grade level analogies after so many years of higher level thinking. Private schools may need to revisit their LA curriculum.

Reactions: 4 people
...and I went to UTk..

It's no more strange than having the left wing posting champion being a Gator....on a UTk website..

And the reference is towards high school. Often people with little to zero grasp of actual history have suffered at the hands of the public school system, and probably terrible parenting.

I'm taking it that you went to a private school growing up?

Reactions: 2 people
Just to state a pesky fact, the money given back to Iran was their money.

WHen you can't defend something you deflect to something else. It happened yesterday with the manafort news by talking about this idiot running to his master to tell him how the investigation is going. It's happening here, can't defend what the Trump kids are doing so I'll talk about Obama giving a country their own money back.

Reactions: 7 people
Still stupid. Like I said the USA could have to ignored them like we do a bunch of our "allies" and absolutely nothing would happen.

Interesting side note from your story. My now deceased Great Uncle actually was part of the group who flew the first batch of F-15's over there. He had his picture taken with the Shah in front of the bird he flew. Kinda cool.

I don't disagree, and I do have mixed feelings about us giving Iran one red cent. But, it was their money, and obviously Obama was trying to parlay the payment into better relations, a return of hostages and a different (hopefully non-nuclear) course for Iran.

Hopefully, there will be a time again when they buy more stuff from us like fighters.

Reactions: 1 person
Should have been forfeited for all the US troops they helped kill and maim by aiding Iraqi militias.

OK. Just to play devil's advocate, should we owe Iran money for the CIA organizing a military coup d'état in 1953 to oust the nationalist and democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh (whom was later executed)? Similarly, should we owe them money for helping kill and maim Iranians by aiding the Iraqi military during the Iran/Iraq war?

The cycle would be never-ending. Taking the high ground here is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Which they forfeited their right to in 1979. Have you ever actually read a history book? Do you know how the real world works? Obama, in one of his many cuck moves, grabbed his ankles for an international court that literally has no actual authority to do anything.

I'll make it simple for you to understand because I get when islam or Obama is involved a lot on this board are too busy looking at their own colon to understand anything.

You set up your lemonade stand. A couple of fine upstanding muslims walk up and give you $5 for some lemonade. Before you give them their lemonade they kidnap your family for over a year. You tell them they aren't getting lemonade now because, well, terrorism. Your family is returned in 400 days. Are you going to refund that $5?

I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.

I'm taking it that you went to a private school growing up?

Nope. Just for my undergrad, MBA, and currently in progress Masters in Management.

But in public school I saw lazy teachers. In middle school in Knoxville for 7th grade history the teacher made us watch Roots. Which hey I didn't mind it the first time..but we watched it 3 times..most of the year was watching Roots. And sadly I believe many parents send their kids to public school thinking the school is going to do all the work and that produces people like my black liberal friend who thought Alaska was an island..because thats how a map of the USA shows it....he had one of them good NYC public school educations..

I did want to go to Webb because they had the nicest athletic facilities in town.

I said something at work yesterday, incorrectly, and a coworker looked at me and said "what the F### did you say"? I replied sorry," I went to public school". Its a good line for self deprecating humor.

Last edited:
Interesting side note from your story. My now deceased Great Uncle actually was part of the group who flew the first batch of F-15's over there. He had his picture taken with the Shah in front of the bird he flew. Kinda cool.

F-14s you mean? Iran never bought F-15s.

I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.

I think it might stem from a misunderstanding of how international courts work. Now, I am not a lawyer but I have taken a coupe of them lawyering classes and the last one I took was business ethics and law. One of the things that stood out was they basically said an international court has no way to enforce its decisions. I know we have some "lawyers" here who probably know a bit more. The examples used in the text basically said when an IC makes a decision against an entity its up to that entity to comply with it, if they feel like it. So lets say the IC says LeBron James is guilty of war crimes and issues an arrest warrant. Unless he turns himself in at The Hague, or the USA turns him over, the IC has literally no one who can enforce the warrant. The IC has issued warrants for people on war crimes throughout Africa and basically got laughed at.

So the IC is like Hans Blix and weapons inspecting in North Korea..they can just write angry letters.

hqdefault.jpg

I think it might stem from a misunderstanding of how international courts work. Now, I am not a lawyer but I have taken a coupe of them lawyering classes and the last one I took was business ethics and law. One of the things that stood out was they basically said an international court has no way to enforce its decisions. I know we have some "lawyers" here who probably know a bit more. The examples used in the text basically said when an IC makes a decision against an entity its up to that entity to comply with it, if they feel like it. So lets say the IC says LeBron James is guilty of war crimes and issues an arrest warrant. Unless he turns himself in at The Hague, or the USA turns him over, the IC has literally no one who can enforce the warrant. The IC has issued warrants for people on war crimes throughout Africa and basically got laughed at.

So the IC is like Hans Blix and weapons inspecting in North Korea..they can just write angry letters.

hqdefault.jpg

That's it in a nutshell about the world court, I took a class last fall, Understanding Politics and part of it was international politics. They stated this exact premise, the world court will arbitrate your case and even give a recommended conclusion. It is up to the country found negligent to decide if they will adhere to the arbitration.

Nope. Just for my undergrad, MBA, and currently in progress Masters in Management.

But in public school I saw lazy teachers. In middle school in Knoxville for 7th grade history the teacher made us watch Roots. Which hey I didn't mind it the first time..but we watched it 3 times..most of the year was watching Roots. And sadly I believe many parents send their kids to public school thinking the school is going to do all the work and that produces people like my black liberal friend who thought Alaska was an island ..because thats how a map of the USA shows it....he had one of them good NYC public school educations..

I did want to go to Webb because they had the nicest athletic facilities in town.

I said something at work yesterday, incorrectly, and a coworker looked at me and said "what the F### did you say"? I replied sorry," I went to public school". Its a good line for self deprecating humor.
It looks like it's surrounded by water..... just like Hawaii .

But in public school I saw lazy teachers. In middle school in Knoxville for 7th grade history the teacher made us watch Roots. Which hey I didn't mind it the first time..but we watched it 3 times..most of the year was watching Roots. And sadly I believe many parents send their kids to public school thinking the school is going to do all the work and that produces people like my black liberal friend who thought Alaska was an island..because thats how a map of the USA shows it....he had one of them good NYC public school educations..

Well generally public schools are pretty bad in urban and rural areas and are usually better in suburban areas, so I don't agree with the generalization that all public schools are bad. There are plenty of great public schools.

Reactions: 2 people
Well generally public schools are pretty bad in urban and rural areas and are usually better in suburban areas, so I don't agree with the generalization that all public schools are bad. There are plenty of great public schools.

Sure. There were some Nazi's that I am sure were ok dudes..

VN Store

Back