This Team Was Hungover

Win what here? A Natty? Pump the brakes a bit there, Hoss. The main goal has been to get TN basketball on a solid footing... hopefully a Sweet 16. How many Nattys have been won by teams centered around a freshman? There are over 300 teams trying to get it as well. Texas was barely on the NCAAT map before Barnes.

Yes. I do. Game day includes the preparation. Barnes just doesn't have the flamboyant, clownish in-game style and has a different philosophy for working with his players. Pearl has his son on staff getting in physical confrontations with his players. Bruce had a good day yesterday.

Forget natty how about an sec, is that something fans should expect, or pump the brakes? Pearl beat Florida twice the year they won a natty. I respect your opinion, I just don’t agree with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Forget natty how about an sec, is that something fans should expect, or pump the brakes? Pearl beat Florida twice the year they won a natty. I respect your opinion, I just don’t agree with it.

Pearl's inherited talent was better, less of a rebuild job.

Lies. The better coach won. Period. Pearl coaches all 94 feet. Barnes only coaches half court. If Barnes doesn't have far superior talent, he cant win. Barnes plays with one arm tied behind his back. Because he can't coach the press or how to trap. Pearl is elite. Barnes is mediocre. Barnes is about to start the SEC 0-3. Pearl has Auburn 13-1. Let it sink all the way in.

Pearl is a strange guy...

How many SEC titles has UT won in history?

Barnes has 17 of Texas' 34 NCAAT appearances. I am not saying that Barnes is the best coach ever, but he is a HOF coach. I hated to see Pearl go, but people have to move on. His first 3 seasons at Auburn showed me he couldn't turn everything into gold.

Stop looking for reasons to defend the UT admin for firing the single best coach in any sport since Summit was hired. All we had to do was fight to keep Bruce. Look at UNC. The NCAA is a house of cards. We didn't appreciate him. Now Bruce has Auburn sitting at 13 and 1. Auburn won't make the same mistake. Their fanbase is much smarter and demands competent coaches. It was harder for Coach Pearl to rebuild at Auburn than at UT. Tennessee, historically, is second only to Kentucky in the SEC. Historically Auburn is like UT is in football right now, dead last.

My worst nightmare I see myself getting dragged on a double date by my wife with one of her friends and her husband/boyfriend I've never met. I arrive and sit down and its you.

How many SEC titles has UT won in history?

Barnes has 17 of Texas' 34 NCAAT appearances. I am not saying that Barnes is the best coach ever, but he is a HOF coach. I hated to see Pearl go, but people have to move on. His first 3 seasons at Auburn showed me he couldn't turn everything into gold.

How many has Tennessee won and who were the coaches?

How many has Tennessee won and who were the coaches?

9 regular season titles- 1 under Pearl
4 tournament titles- 0 under Pearl

Pearl didn't win multiple championships at UT either. He just got us to the NCAAT.

Last edited:
So far the Vols losing to ranked teams and Arkansas, which had a good record and its a road game, have shown they are pretty talented but lack maturity. I lay that mostly on coaching but players while only young men, aren't stupid they know their responsibilities. If you play Tennessee focused, and play consistently the full game you'll beat Tennessee no matter how talented they are. That's the message they are sending with every game tape.

VN Store

Back