This Team Was Hungover

You left out the part where he went to 6 straight tourneys and won over 140 games in 6 years, or should I give that credit to Buzz?

If Bruce followed Bruce, Cuonzo, and ButterBean there would be no 6 straight NCAATs or 140 wins. I'm just glad that he was fired before the NCAA crap got really bad and wins were vacated. Did he get a trophy for his 3 year show cause or for the mid-season suspension?

This team doesn't want it bad enough. No excuses for us to be a 4 loss team right now.

Admiral laughing after a missed gemmi dunk when we were down and in a dog fight says a lot imo. That should piss you off...laugh about it after the game man.

Reactions: 2 people
This team doesn't want it bad enough. No excuses for us to be a 4 loss team right now.

Admiral laughing after a missed gemmi dunk when we were down and in a dog fight says a lot imo. That should piss you off...laugh about it after the game man.

He was probably embarrassed. He's been making a lot of bad decisions lately. I thought that he was going to lead this team. I guess I put too much hope in him. I wish that Pons or Johnson could step up and take some of those minutes at the 3.

He was probably embarrassed. He's been making a lot of bad decisions lately. I thought that he was going to lead this team. I guess I put too much hope in him. I wish that Pons or Johnson could step up and take some of those minutes at the 3.

And that is a big problem for this team, none of those guys are good enough or ready.

And that is a big problem for this team, none of those guys are good enough or ready.

They're young. KA, Turner, and AS have been around the program the longest and just aren't good enough as leaders and/or players. That's what TN has to offer right now. The future is bright. Unless we again start rotating coaches every couple of years.

Reactions: 1 person
Lies. The better coach won. Period. Pearl coaches all 94 feet. Barnes only coaches half court. If Barnes doesn't have far superior talent, he cant win. Barnes plays with one arm tied behind his back. Because he can't coach the press or how to trap. Pearl is elite. Barnes is mediocre. Barnes is about to start the SEC 0-3. Pearl has Auburn 13-1. Let it sink all the way in.

Steven P..... I have asked you to please quit trolling on here on your dad's behalf. I appreciate your loyalty - and hope that you will visit with your dad when he is in prison for his tennis shoe money scam. He is a decent coach but .... he kind of cheats so .... end of story - it''s like kind of pregnant.

Reactions: 1 person
Steven P..... I have asked you to please quit trolling on here on your dad's behalf. I appreciate your loyalty - and hope that you will visit with your dad when he is in prison for his tennis shoe money scam. He is a decent coach but .... he kind of cheats so .... end of story - it''s like kind of pregnant.
Thats the Vol mentality. You're perfectly okay with mediocrity. I get it it. Not all of us have that swag. Just sit at the table with the kids.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Simply wasnÂ’t playing up to their potential.

We just seemed lazy and Auburn clearly wanted it more.

No excuses.

Barnes does deserve a bit of heat for this loss.

Hope they get it together for UK.

LoL give me a break. This is who this team is. This is what UT Athletics is.

Quit talking about Pons and Johnson. It's obvious neither of them are good enough to contribute to this team right now. They don't even sniff any playing time. Watching Pons in pre game warm ups, he can't even hit a 10 foot jump shot.

Quit talking about Pons and Johnson. It's obvious neither of them are good enough to contribute to this team right now. They don't even sniff any playing time. Watching Pons in pre game warm ups, he can't even hit a 10 foot jump shot.

I'll talk about any players that I want to thank you very much. Next month is not "now". Pons was not expected to be a shooter this year. Pons and Johnson are FRESHMEN.

Admiral had a terrible looking game last night. Couple that with our horrific defensive rebounding and lackluster passion, and we were doomed. Worst game of the year I've seen.
Congrats to Bruce. Had his guys playing with intensity and purpose. They've got some young athletes on that team. This year, they look more like a team

Admiral had a terrible looking game last night. Couple that with our horrific defensive rebounding and lackluster passion, and we were doomed. Worst game of the year I've seen.
Congrats to Bruce. Had his guys playing with intensity and purpose. They've got some young athletes on that team. This year, they look more like a team

Admiral was turning into a rebounding machine. I haven't checked the stats, but I don't remember him getting many at all last night. Couple that with some very questionable shot selection of late and he's really hitting a wall right now. At the RTL in June it really looked to me like he was going to break out and have a huge year. Maybe it's resurfacing that he's really needed in the paint but he wants to be on the perimeter.

When everyone wakes up and finally realizes the REALITY is...

Barnes has never been more than a decent head coach. Period.

Even when he was at Providence, the teams always seemed to be "Right of the Verge..." and NEVER lived up to the hype. Not and Clemson. Not at Texas.

And he WON'T here.

The ONLY reason Barnes is here today is that he was the "easy" hire. Good guy. Decent coach. UT fans will be fine with decent. And apparently... we are.

Getting talent IS his job. You admitting he's done it better?

The fact that Auburn was one of the first schools named in the FBI probe shouldn't surprise anyone. Maybe that explains their sudden talent upgrade. We'll know at some point. The fact that bP isn't participating in Auburns internal investigation could lead to a lot of things.

Even when he was at Providence, the teams always seemed to be "Right of the Verge..." and NEVER lived up to the hype. Not and Clemson. Not at Texas.

And he WON'T here.

The ONLY reason Barnes is here today is that he was the "easy" hire. Good guy. Decent coach. UT fans will be fine with decent. And apparently... we are.

How quickly people forget that he was one of only 2 "big name" hires the university has made in the last 30 years. Something they were clamoring for and whine about when up and comers are hired.

And he WON'T here.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't too many just decent head coaches that have been to the Final Four. Not sure of many just decent head coaches are out there with more wins and NCAAT appearances. CRB's NCAAT record isn't too far from the entire history of TN Basketball's.

Barnes had TN back in the regular season top 25 for the first time in what? 7 or 8 years? Yea, he sucks. We should fahr him and hire Coach K instead.

The fact that Auburn was one of the first schools named in the FBI probe shouldn't surprise anyone. Maybe that explains their sudden talent upgrade. We'll know at some point. The fact that bP isn't participating in Auburns internal investigation could lead to a lot of things.

Bruce is lucky that the FBI can tell the NCAA to go kick rocks.

Auburn went on a 24-6 run....our coach didn't have the good sense to call a time out to stop the momentum. I am not an Auburn or a Bruce Pearl fan, but he clearly out coached CRB and his team outplayed ours by the big difference in offensive rebounds and put back shots....let me change that, I am a Bruce Pearl fan but I never wont him to beat UT

Last edited:

VN Store

Back