This Team Was Hungover

Stop looking for reasons to defend the UT admin for firing the single best coach in any sport since Summit was hired. All we had to do was fight to keep Bruce. Look at UNC. The NCAA is a house of cards. We didn't appreciate him. Now Bruce has Auburn sitting at 13 and 1. Auburn won't make the same mistake. Their fanbase is much smarter and demands competent coaches. It was harder for Coach Pearl to rebuild at Auburn than at UT. Tennessee, historically, is second only to Kentucky in the SEC. Historically Auburn is like UT is in football right now, dead last.
Every post I've read of yours is full of hate for our coaches.

And btw......Pearl cheats.

Reactions: 1 person
I expected a struggle. Game was prime for a let down and Auburn not a great matchup the way they rebound and get to the FT stripe. I thought that in spite of that we’d still find a way to pull it out, but with a relatively poor 3pt shooting night and way too many turnovers it was too much.

This team will not be hungover for Kentucky. I expect it will be close but doesn’t change my opinion that we have a good shot at winning.

Auburn went on a 24-6 run....our coach didn't have the good sense to call a time out to stop the momentum. I am not an Auburn or a Bruce Pearl fan, but he clearly out coached CRB and his team outplayed ours by the big difference in offensive rebounds and put back shots....let me change that, I am a Bruce Pearl fan but I never wont him to beat UT

That second half time out worked out great when TN turned the ball over, then gave up a basket, then missed a shot, then gave up another score.

Not hating on purpose, but anybody else see the red nose glow from BP? Non basketball related, but that look is usually not good.

Rosacea? That's very often the cause. Problems with the small blood vessels and capillarys in the face cause the persistent red flush and visible blood vessels.

You are right, alcohol abuse can can cause it too. But rosacea is so common, one shouldn't jump to a conclusion.

Attachments

• rosacea-on-the-face.jpg
    rosacea-on-the-face.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
I expected a struggle. Game was prime for a let down and Auburn not a great matchup the way they rebound and get to the FT stripe. I thought that in spite of that we’d still find a way to pull it out, but with a relatively poor 3pt shooting night and way too many turnovers it was too much.

This team will not be hungover for Kentucky. I expect it will be close but doesn’t change my opinion that we have a good shot at winning.

And what was Auburn at the FT line? 23 for 27? I'm pretty sure that they only missed 4 and they weren't front ends.

The game sucked. Arkansas sucked. Neither was a blow out. I'm ready to move on.

Well, that escalated quickly. When is the Barnes tar & feathering party scheduled?

I like Barnes, but Bruce has done more for Auburn in three years than Rick has for Tennessee. We all know what happened with Bruce, but just as a basketball coach he is better than Barnes. Think about how many times Tennessee beat teams they were not supposed to beat while here, fans always thought we had a chance no matter who we played. Bruce messed up now have Rick.

I think things will get worse for this years team and Barnes will be on the hot seat.

Well, that escalated quickly. When is the Barnes tar & feathering party scheduled?

I think that the frustration could be spilling out of the Football Forum. Maybe they'll leave and go spread their essence in the Lady Vols Forum instead.

I like Barnes, but Bruce has done more for Auburn in three years than Rick has for Tennessee. We all know what happened with Bruce, but just as a basketball coach he is better than Barnes. Think about how many times Tennessee beat teams they were not supposed to beat while here, fans always thought we had a chance no matter who we played. Bruce messed up now have Rick.

I think things will get worse for this years team and Barnes will be on the hot seat.

This is Bruce's 4th year at Auburn.

Recruiting wise I'll agree, but after 3 years at Auburn he didn't make any postseason tournaments. It's looking like this year it's finally clicking for him. And Barnes' 3rd year isn't over yet, so you can't say yet Pearl did more in 3 years at Auburn than Barnes did here.

And no offense, but we don't need a drive by coming by explaining UT basketball history here. Plus you guys come out of the woodwork after Pearl finally wins at TBA but nothing but crickets the past 3 years.

Recruiting wise I'll agree, but after 3 years at Auburn he didn't make any postseason tournaments. It's looking like this year it's finally clicking for him. And Barnes' 3rd year isn't over yet, so you can't say yet Pearl did more in 3 years at Auburn than Barnes did here.

And no offense, but we don't need a drive by coming by explaining UT basketball history here. Plus you guys come out of the woodwork after Pearl finally wins at TBA but nothing but crickets the past 3 years.

My fault on the three years, sometimes it’s hard for people to see the writing on the wall with coaches, I hope Barnes can win big here but his history doesn’t seem to prove that will happen. He will need better players IMO, how far did Texas make it when Durant was there. We probably won’t get any players better than him?

My fault on the three years, sometimes it’s hard for people to see the writing on the wall with coaches, I hope Barnes can win big here but his history doesn’t seem to prove that will happen. He will need better players IMO, how far did Texas make it when Durant was there. We probably won’t get any players better than him?

His history is making the NCAAT in 19 out of 20 consecutive years and 22 in total. TN has been to 20 NCAATs in program history.

Don't think that TN's going to get anybody better than a 2 time NBA MVP and rookie of the year? Shocking.

His history is making the NCAAT in 19 out of 20 consecutive years and 22 in total. TN has been to 20 NCAATs in program history.

Don't think that TN's going to get anybody better than a 2 time NBA MVP and rookie of the year? Shocking.

What I’m saying is if he can’t win it with Durant he probably won’t win it here. Honest question, do you think Barnes is a better game day coach than Pearl?

Well I don't know about XXX's and OOO's, But Bruce is a Helluva Motivator. That's indisputable ; and obvious last night.

LoL give me a break. This is who this team is. This is what UT Athletics is.

How fickle. A few days ago you laughed when I suggested this team may have peaked early if they go 2-4 in these first 6 conference games. Now, "this is who this team is".

Saying that you're a joke is akin to saying water is wet, but I'll say it anyway.

Last edited:
Our bigs seem to not have any drive. They play without emotion for very long stretches. Don't know if that is on Barnes or not, but they don't seem to play with a high level of energy. Auburn's entire team was hitting the backboards while we stood around and seldom boxed out. Lethargic.

What I’m saying is if he can’t win it with Durant he probably won’t win it here. Honest question, do you think Barnes is a better game day coach than Pearl?

Win what here? A Natty? Pump the brakes a bit there, Hoss. The main goal has been to get TN basketball on a solid footing... hopefully a Sweet 16. How many Nattys have been won by teams centered around a freshman? There are over 300 teams trying to get it as well. Texas was barely on the NCAAT map before Barnes.

Yes. I do. Game day includes the preparation. Barnes just doesn't have the flamboyant, clownish in-game style and has a different philosophy for working with his players. Pearl has his son on staff getting in physical confrontations with his players. Bruce had a good day yesterday.

Our bigs seem to not have any drive. They play without emotion for very long stretches. Don't know if that is on Barnes or not, but they don't seem to play with a high level of energy. Auburn's entire team was hitting the backboards while we stood around and seldom boxed out. Lethargic.

The bigs all want to be pure scorers, don’t really care to rebound or defend. That’s what they looked like last night. And it’s what Barnes hinted at during his post game presser

Admiral was turning into a rebounding machine. I haven't checked the stats, but I don't remember him getting many at all last night. Couple that with some very questionable shot selection of late and he's really hitting a wall right now. At the RTL in June it really looked to me like he was going to break out and have a huge year. Maybe it's resurfacing that he's really needed in the paint but he wants to be on the perimeter.

"I also think we don’t have guys that are doing their job in terms of playing the role they need to play," Barnes said. "We’ve got to get guys doing that. It’s a long way to go."

Egos? Too many.

"Again," he added later, "we’ve got guys (with) egos. They want to show they can do other things opposed to doing their job. That’s a problem with where we are right now: Guys not doing what they need to do to help us win.”

-Barnes

To Grant Williams credit, he took ownership of and shouldered the load of those comments, but I can't help but think a portion of the frustration in Barnes's words was aimed directly at Schofield. He was awful last night, and it didn't seem to bother him that he was awful. He gives a lot of hustle on the floor, but he just doesn't value the basketball and is perhaps 2nd only to Lamonte in terms of knowing a good shot from a bad one.

Alexander looked lost last night. Walker is still very raw. I don't know why Williams was playing so far away from the basket. Maybe it was to ensure he didn't pick up any cheap charging fouls from TV Teddy. I don't think that Schofield wants to (or can't) post up. I think that Fulkerson isn't playing as poorly as the common narrative would indicate.

"I also think we don’t have guys that are doing their job in terms of playing the role they need to play," Barnes said. "We’ve got to get guys doing that. It’s a long way to go."

Egos? Too many.

"Again," he added later, "we’ve got guys (with) egos. They want to show they can do other things opposed to doing their job. That’s a problem with where we are right now: Guys not doing what they need to do to help us win.”

-Barnes

To Grant Williams credit, he took ownership of and shouldered the load of those comments, but I can't help but think a portion of the frustration in Barnes's words was aimed directly at Schofield. He was awful last night, and it didn't seem to bother him that he was awful. He gives a lot of hustle on the floor, but he just doesn't value the basketball and is perhaps 2nd only to Lamonte in terms of knowing a good shot from a bad one.

I wish that I knew the details on AS's Hawaiian suspension last year. It might could shed some light. I'm extremely disappointed in his overall productivity this year. I really thought that this was going to be his team. I thought that growing up in a military home was going to pay big dividends. But on the other hand, where I grew up... the minister's kids were the biggest hell raisers in the neighborhood.

VN Store

Back