This man is a Great teacher..

I have thought of something and I don’t remember seeing it on here. What IF the whole point of this hire was to get Arch Manning to Tennessee? Definitely don’t see him going to Ole miss with Lane or LSU with Coach O.
Kirby is on him too but surely the Manning's wouldn't allow that, especially not with them stacking Brock Vandergriff and Gunner Stockton ahead of him.

JG did indeed attend Petyon's qb camp on one occasion that I'm aware of but feel like he went to that camp in back-to-back summers.

Heupel telling QB's to read the DB's stance at LOS, (inside leverage), usually to defend the slant. Read also where Lock's sack rate dropped bigtime when CJH took over as OC. He puts a lot of emphasis on pre-snap reads and getting the ball out quickly. I liked the way H.Bailey went thru his reads and showed excellent field vision but that is rare in Heupel's system as he expects the prime receiver to be determined pre-snap.

I would bet on Ole Miss. Kiffin is a QB miracle worker. Taking nothing from JH, but the family connections and the presence of a very good offensive minded coach makes the Rebel Black Bear Landsharks tough to beat in this recruiting contest.

Has anyone ever heard any of the Mannings speak about the Kiffin hire or his first years performance. I have always thought they would have to be on board with the hire, but I could see Archie being uncomfortable with the baggage he brought to town with him. Of course with the hiring history of Nutt, Coach O, and Freeze and running Cut out of town maybe they just play good alumni and go on. Have they appeared in public with him? Made any statements when microphones were pushed in their face? I have nothing positive or negative concerning their thoughts about entrusting Arch into his care. I have just assumed the first family of Ole Miss would have been in situations that would tip their hands on Kiffin. Anything?

Thats the way it usually works😂 but for whatever reason it didnt get done. Thats the 12 million dollar question we may never know..

Actually we DO know. After countless hours of research, interviews, time at games and practices, meals with coaches and support staff, hanging with players, and even consulting multiple NFL hof quarterbacks, I came to the only conclusion that anyone will ever need to understand why. "Jarrett Guarantano gave us the best chance to win."

Hope that helps.

Ask and you'll receive

Could it be... And hear me out... That winky is not necessarily a bad QB coach, but he was battling the dysfunctional culture of the Pruitt program?

I mean, In fairness, look at the quarterback room he was working with. Do you see any consistent strategy or offensive plan in the type players they recruited?

I think I'm going to wait and see how he does somewhere else before I completely nail the coffin on him. He has to go somewhere else, he has what the Germans call Das Prvittstink on him, I don't want him back here, but I'm not necessarily pulling against him wherever he goes.

Reactions: BigDave
I have thought of something and I don’t remember seeing it on here. What IF the whole point of this hire was to get Arch Manning to Tennessee? Definitely don’t see him going to Ole miss with Lane or LSU with Coach O.

I don't think he wants to be in the shadow of either of his uncles. I think he ends up at LSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nouveaux
I would bet on Ole Miss. Kiffin is a QB miracle worker. Taking nothing from JH, but the family connections and the presence of a very good offensive minded coach makes the Rebel Black Bear Landsharks tough to beat in this recruiting contest.
I actually don’t think they want Arch playing for a guy like Kiffin. How many QB’s does He have in the NFL by the way? I actually don’t know but I don’t think it’s some illustrious who’s who of QB’s.

TEXAS and SARK.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
At 2:10 he said use your eyes and look away....and go back....I swear our qbs were not taught that in 3 years. To look off and not stare receiver down...man that's refreshing

Dear god . . . I remember that one game where we were on like the 5 or 10 yard line, and JG dropped back, stood there in some kind of dramatic QB pose for what seemed like an hour as he stared down a single receiver . . . and then threw a pick-6. He never got better. At anything. I hate it for the guy because he seemed like he was giving it his all, but man . . .

I enjoy speculation about a high school sophomore that cannot even get on campus for two years and start playing until fall 2023. It really gets me past all the questions in my mind about what is going to happen here the next two years.....

But, if we're being honest here, there hasn't been a well-coached Tennessee Team, especially at QB, since the brief period when Kiffin was on the sideline. That criticism goes back to Fulmer's last few seasons as well. Heck, maybe all the way back to before the 2001 SEC Championship game. THAT game was when this program's habit of wilting when the game really matters got set in stone. Poor mental preparation for big bowl games, prevent "mustang" defenses that allowed the other team to march down the field in a few seconds for a game-winning score, etc. etc. etc.

I don’t think he’d “change” his offense for Bailey. He’s said he’s played with multiple types of qbs. He would draw up plays around Bailey’s skill set. I trust him to start whoever he thinks will be the most productive for us.
This. Don't understand why everyone thinks Hooker is so much more suited. Heupel can design an offense for Bailey or Hooker or Maurer or Salter.

This. Don't understand why everyone thinks Hooker is so much more suited. Heupel can design an offense for Bailey or Hooker or Maurer or Salter.
That’s correct. We’ve had coaches that need a particular “type” to be successful. I think JH knows how to build around what he’s got, you know, like a real coach. Nick Saban has never brought in a particular style. He’s now won championships with every type of qb imaginable. Game managers, pure passers, dual-threat.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
Congratulations boys and girls!

you've got me so hyped on Huepel now that I 'feel' we may have hired a 10-20 year HC and success is everywhere!

Reactions: coach799
We will never have to watch a Pruitt/ Weinke coached QB again
Great post!!!!! The word "coached" should be taken very lightly anytime it is associated with Pruitt/Weinke. In fact if there was a word opposite of "coached" that word should always be used in the same sentence with "Pruitt/ Weinke"

Could it be... And hear me out... That winky is not necessarily a bad QB coach, but he was battling the dysfunctional culture of the Pruitt program?

I mean, In fairness, look at the quarterback room he was working with. Do you see any consistent strategy or offensive plan in the type players they recruited?

I think I'm going to wait and see how he does somewhere else before I completely nail the coffin on him. He has to go somewhere else, he has what the Germans call Das Prvittstink on him, I don't want him back here, but I'm not necessarily pulling against him wherever he goes.

I don't think he is a bad person but the NFL Rams I believe when Fisher was the coach got rid of him as a QB coach...Then I think he went to IMG then to Bama as an analyst before Pruitt brought him to UT

VN Store

Back